Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't think fruit smoothies is considered one of the liquids you're allowed to have. At least that wasn't one of my options or else I would've lived on those for my preop diet. I drank my Protein Shakes (Muscle Milk Light Choc) I had 2 cups of lettuce with 2 tablespoons of fat free dressing and I was also allowed low sodium broth. Good luck!

smoothies ok, if you add more milk they won't be as thick maybe. Our Dr. gave us a bunch of recipes to use that make shakes. If you add ice or frozen fruit then it will get thicker.

Go to the Food/Exercise thread and someone posted an email that has over 200 recipes. Also you can google liquid diet and find some ideas as well. Good luck.

I'm on day 9. Really surprised that I'm not crazy. I'm mean really. The last couple of days have been extremely stressful as my last child left for college. We had a family pizza night at our favorite place, then when on campus they had Taco bell and then on the way home met my oldest son at an Italian restaurant. I survived, just talked alot!

Hang in there, stay busy.

smoothies ok, if you add more milk they won't be as thick maybe. Our Dr. gave us a bunch of recipes to use that make shakes. If you add ice or frozen fruit then it will get thicker.

Go to the Food/Exercise thread and someone posted an email that has over 200 recipes. Also you can google liquid diet and find some ideas as well. Good luck.

I'm on day 9. Really surprised that I'm not crazy. I'm mean really. The last couple of days have been extremely stressful as my last child left for college. We had a family pizza night at our favorite place, then when on campus they had Taco bell and then on the way home met my oldest son at an Italian restaurant. I survived, just talked alot!

Hang in there, stay busy.

When you say "smoothies" you can't mean the typical ones, like McDonald's or other recipes you might find. You need to use Protein supplement and make your own. You can use a chocolate powder and add natural Peanut Butter, I used carnation instant sugar free Breakfast packet, skim milk, Peanut Butter and if you add a few ice cubes it will get thicker. Not too bad.

Go to www.lapband.com and there are tons of recipe ideas for all stages. I know just broth can get boring. lol

How am out Tomato Soup

I meant how about Tomato Soup

I would ask your doctor if you should be having fruit. It does of course add carbs/suger/calories. Post surgery I would so NO as your stomach would have to churn to digest the fruit.

I'm not sure if you can have Tomato Soup but I'll tell you it has saved me. I use it and the 98% FF Cream of chicken Soup and I put FF cottage cheese in it(for added protein). I know it sounds gross, but I'm telling you it isn't bad. I hate cottage cheese so this was a digusting idea at first, then I started think more about how you can add milk to make the soup creamier so cottage cheese is close. Also you put sour cream on chicken, had to get something positive in my mind. So... I figured what was there to lose. It worked, I just put it in the blender together, you can still add a little milk so it isn't too thick and then heat in microwave. I have this 2x a day. It is trial and error. I do have a probably getting all the Protein I should have, I just don't do the Protein Powder too well. I've tried added Hersey Syrup, frozen fruit, it still has a nasty after taste. I drink a lot of Propel or Crystal LIght and I use sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast with FF milk. I pack milk in a bottle and a packet of it and put in a insulated lunch box when I've gone out to eat or whatever.

I've lost 10 lbs and I have 2 days to go!

REGFERN

This pre op liquid diet is killing me!!!! The Protein Shakes are Nasty!!!! I don't know how I am going to make it.... I am really trusting in GOD to help me make it through all of this.

I'm able to have lowfat cream Soups (strained), skim milk with mixins such as Carnation instant breakfast, sugar free of course. I have also gone to GNC and they have Isopure Protein Drinks that aren't bad & have 40g Protein in them, I also have blenderized cottage cheese & done yogurt without fruit pieces.

So I'm on day 3 of liquid diet, anyone have any suggestions of things to "eat"? I was thinking I may be able to have fruit smoothies but do you guys think that's a mushie or full liquid? If I get full liquid votes, I'm getting one ASAP! Lol

Check with your surgeon. Here is a list I will follow during pre-op and post-op (until I start the Protein shakes of course).

• Water, flavored with Mio is okay (no carbon!)
  • apple juice, cranberry juice and grape juice (no pulp, Tomato or vegetable, needs to be water-like)
  • strained lemonade or fruit punch (as long as sugar free)
  • clear fat free broth from boullion or consumme (beef, chicken, mushroom, etc... lots of options)
  • clear sugar-free flat-soda (ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or club soda) all must be flat though so not worth it
  • clear sports drinks (sugar free)
  • plain gelatin/jello (can be drank warm before it solidifies for a warm feeling in stomach)
  • honey (if your not diabetic and in moderation), can use splenda as a sweetner
  • fruit-flavored ice pops/popsicles without bits of fruit or chunks of anything
  • mild teas and coffee (decaffinated if possible, green teas are excellent, no milk/cream or sugar)
  • herbs and mild seasoning if it makes your broth more enjoyable
  • salt (if you can have salt)
  • crystal Fruit Drinks
  • sugar-free hard candies (the kind you suck on)

I start my 7 day liquid diet tomorrow and I am TERRIFIED!!!