Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post -op and very hungery

So I an 4 day post-op and I am getting hungery. I have a protene shake in the am and about 3 hrs later I am hungery again. Last night I woke up at 2 and 5 starving. Here is the thing. When I eat, I cant eat very much. 1/2 can of Soup and sometimes I cant even finish my protene shake. Im full so I stop. I just get hungery faster. I am only eating 3 times a day like they said, but this hunger is killing me. Any sugestions?

Are you drinking your Water? Maybe in between try either water or crystal light, that helped me during those hungry stages. I personally didn't really start getting hungry until after about a week, then I found myself dying for something to chew!

I had the same problem after surgery. I was depressed because I was so hungry and couldn't eat anything. It's just going to take time to retrain your body and mind that this is the way it's going to be now. Try chewing gum or find something to take your mind off of it until the craving passes. I had surgery in May, I still have problems occasionally, but it's getting a lot easier. The more fills you get, the less hungry you'll be. It'll get better.

Can I ask you, did you have to do a liquid diet before surgery?

I felt the same way...went 2 days no appetite then when I got hungry..wooah..i got really hungry to where it was hurting.. when I talked to the nurse, she told me that my tummy was like a baby's tummy..that I would be getting hungry every few hours..even in the middle of the night(that sucked), this lasted for about 2 weeks before it subsided to normal eating pattern. It may not last that long for you, but thats how mine went.

Ann

So I an 4 day post-op and I am getting hungery. I have a protene shake in the am and about 3 hrs later I am hungery again. Last night I woke up at 2 and 5 starving. Here is the thing. When I eat, I cant eat very much. 1/2 can of Soup and sometimes I cant even finish my protene shake. Im full so I stop. I just get hungery faster. I am only eating 3 times a day like they said, but this hunger is killing me. Any sugestions?

Black....... that makes since. The middle of the night is the worst.

Killer. Yes I did liquid diet 5 days before and 1 week after. I get to do mushies on Thursday. WOOO HOOOO!!!!

Maybe that will last a little longer.

Tks to all.

The reason I ask is because I did a liquid diet (no carbs) ten days before surgery. After 5 days I was no longer hungry. I am 4 days post op and I am still not hungry. So I wonder if it was because the liquid diet before or what? I'm hoping I don't get hungry.

I'm 6 days post-op and have absolutely no hunger. In fact, I have the opposite problem. Im still very very swollen so it takes me about an hour to get down about 2 oz of Fluid. My surgeon left 2 cc's of fluid in my band at surgery but took it out 2 days letter because I couldn't swallow. Im still not having much relief. How's your gas pains?

Better today. Just bad in my left sholder. When I do get one its across my back where my ribs are.

liquids just don't satisfy for long. They go right on through. It's like a funnel. It fills up quickly, but runs through quickly as well. I was ready to eat my dog at 3 days post-op, What you are experiencing is normal. Some are not hungry, some are.

When I told my doctor that my dog was in extreme danger, he let me move to a full liquid diet earlier than planned. Lucky for my dog!

Better today. Just bad in my left sholder. When I do get one its across my back where my ribs are.

Hello I'm 6 days post opt from the band I'm having bad should pains, also I have to use a heating pad to help ease the pain. Also having bad taste buds from all the liquids. Kinda hungry but hanging in there it seems like at night my stomach feels really heavy and full.. I have my first follow up a ppt on next Monday .

I’m exactly 3 weeks post-op. I wasn’t hungry at all for about 3 days. I made sure to do my Clear Liquids and stay hydrated. My throat was really sore so I ate lots of sugar free popsicles. I had a problem with swelling immediately after surgery, before letting me go home my doc had me drink fluids under fluoroscopy to make sure everything was ok. Unfortunately the swelling was such that even liquid wouldn’t go thru the band. I was then given an adjustment (what little saline was in the band was removed) and the Fluid moved quickly. I’m not sure if that’s why I am hungry now. I basically have no restriction. I did have a lot of pain not so much in my shoulders any more but my ribs feel like someone went at me with a bat! I have only lost 2 pounds in these 3 weeks so I am a little discouraged.

Hoping my fill next Tuesday will with help with weight loss and hunger. Praying for no more swelling.

I am now 5 days post op. My gas pain is the only pain I have. I think I have a pocket of gas stuck by my belly button. Because it hurts so freaking bad.

I'm still not hungry biggrin.gif I hope I don't become hungry. My surgeon didn't leave any Fluid in my band. The liquids and cottage cheese are going down pretty good. Takes me about 30 minutes to do 4 oz. I see him again on Thursday. Maybe he can explain the belly button pain.