Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone!!

I haven't posted in a few days and I feel so detached lol. I can't believe how good I feel! I NEVER expected to heal this fast. I have to say though, I am sooo hungry! I am down 14lbs which is great, but I can't wait to start mushies. I feel absolutely no restriction and my surgeon doesn't fill until 6 weeks post-op. Maybe once I start to eat real food again I'll feel different, but I have cheated a few times (shame on me) and still felt no restriction.

Do you think I can request an earlier fill at four weeks?

First post on the "other side" and it feels great to finally be here. Had the surgery Wednesday morning. Was nauseous all day Wednesday from the anesthesia. Had to take two different types of nausea medicince. Could only tolerate Water. I didn't take any pain meds until bedtime (wanted to try and sleep). Woke up Thursday and felt much better. Kept walking (I actually was up roaming the hospital floor at 3AM). After the surgeon came to see me discovered the pain was not gas pains, so relieved. Got to eat chicken broth, Jello, italian ice and ice tea for Breakfast and lunch yesterday. Was glad I didn't have any problems. Last night I had a little yogurt for dinner and this morning some cream of rice ceral. All very yummy.

The pain is about a 3 today (max pain was a 5). I think I'm going to try children's tylenol during the day to see if that knocks the pain out without me falling asleep. Keep the good stuff for nighttime.

Overall, very happy I had the procedure. Looking forward to the healthy me!

Tammy

Merlina, we were banded the same day and it doesn't exactly"hurt" the breathe, but I still have a lot of discomfort. I just feel kinda bloated all the time. Still can't take in more than a few bites of Jello or broth and struggle to get in enough liquids to even pee! I did have my first BM yesterday, so that was exciting. LOL

I was banded on Tuesday. Is anyone else experiencing diaphragm pain? I have this intense pressure right at my diaphragm and it hurts to breathe. Is it gas? Or is this something I should be worried about?

Aye....that sounds miserable :( I was so turned off by anything food related or drinks that I ended up (for the first 3 days) putting juice and crushed ice in a cup with a large medicine dropper in it. This way I didn't have to move my sore belly to sit up for drinks, I just squirted some in my mouth every time I thought of it. I'm 2 wks post op today and I'm finally able to drink about 24 oz in a day, which is good. Finally getting some energy back :) Hang in there!

Banded Thursday (07/14) yesterday at 9 a.m. Weighed 222 yesterday morning. Left hospital at 2:20 and had still not been able to pee. Don't leave the hospital without doing this. Had to go back to urgent care last night for a cath. Had nothing but IV liquids and Water yesterday and weighed 228.5 this morning. There is still 6.5 lbs of Fluid in me and I am finally starting to pee but it is like I am learning how to.

I had low-fat yogurt for breakfast, (my dr. allows this) anf just had a sugar-free popsicle. Doc said I did great. The nurse anehesist said to me yesterday. Happy Birthday to a new life!!

Banded and hiatal hernia repaired on July 6, a week and a half ago, and to prepare I did a two week Protein Shake regimen. After surgery I was on a three day Clear Liquids only diet, but I was supposed to be getting my Protein, and vitamins--hello Isopure!... After that, it was back on the Protein Shakes again. I will be on that for another two weeks. I know my surgeon does an awful lot of bariatric surgeries...he seems to have a more restrictive dietary plan than many other of these other physicians have.

I am losing weight quickly, having a challenging time getting up to 90 grms of protein daily, though. I have not been putting myself in situations where others are eating meals and I think it is helping. I wonder if I will even need a fill at all? I've lost over 20 pounds--it feels very exciting, although I know it is a bit deceptive, cause my intestines are completely empty right now.

It is helpful to stay busy during the day. I am not supposed to do any exercise except for walking right now until after I see my doc, Dr. Feng, for the post-op appointment. I am also not supposed to lift more than 5 lbs for four weeks after surgery. That is the hardest thing to do, by far.

Of course it gets better! :) Everyone is different, though. You have to remember that your body is under a lot of stress from the lapband and hernia repair. You've rocked your world...and for me, two weeks and I'm about 70% back to feeling normal. I still get tired, but my body was used to operating on 2500 calories or more a day....and now it has to be happy with around 700. BIG CHANGE! Hang in there - some days are good and some days aren't.....but you're on your way to many many more good days! :)

Amy

Hey all July Banders,

I apoligize now if I upset anyone.....but I am at the point of saying "What have I done?" I know this feeling will pass, but I don't feel well, I don't feel "right", I always feel like I have indigestion or heart burn (i have never had either), I still don't know if I am hurting from hunger, healing pains, or gas, or hernia repair and since Wednesday evening, I am pouting :( even watching a Kentucky Fried chicken commercial!! Again, I know this will pass, but I do hope that this "not quite right" feeling goes away soon.

On the up side, I am down 15 lbs since last Thursday, but I still can't hold in my stomach and walk up right!

Please, early banders, tell me it will get better!!!!

Lisa

TMI alert, I apologize in advance!

Everyone has been talking about constipation...I am having the opposite problem - never have I not made it into the bathroom before, but twice today! Has anyone else had diarrhea vs. Constipation? ??

Hey Lisa, sorry you're still struggling. I have my up days and down days. I've been hurting today and not feeling any restriction so I've wondered what did I do? But I have my first fill August 16 and imagine the benefit will show up then. Hope you are fully up and at it again soon! - Kate

Thankfully, it only happened to me twice. There was a VERY close call at a store once, but I barely made it. I was constipated right after surgery but it quickly turned to diarrhea. I've had it for nearly a week. However, it IS getting better. I bought generic Fiber tabs from Walmart and I take half of one twice a day. They're HUGE chewables and I don't want to get too much and have the opposite problem. It is thickening up day by day. I'm sure it is totally normal - compared to what we were eating pre-op (junk food!), our bodies don't know what the heck is going on. LOL. Make sure to keep up your fluids since they're exiting rapidly! ;)

TMI alert, I apologize in advance!

Everyone has been talking about constipation...I am having the opposite problem - never have I not made it into the bathroom before, but twice today! Has anyone else had diarrhea vs. Constipation? ??

Thanks Amy :)

I finally get to join everyone on this side of bandland. I was banded yesterday. I was at the hospital for 4 hours only from getting there to leaving. I didn't have much in the way of gas pains but I do have a tolerable amount of pain at the incision area. My poor belly button feels like it is on fire. I hope this goes away quickly. I am glad to see everyone is doing well.

I was banded on July 12. Still dealing with some pain, but it gets better each day. Waiting to feel a bit more human, this Constipation and gas is so uncomfortable. Ended up having a hernia fixed that I never knew I even had. Glad to be a part of this board and start my journey.

I got chocolate chewable exlax. In the midst of my body not appreciating all the changes! If vicodin didn't make me so constipated I would totally take one because this is killing me.

Hey, Deb! We were banded the same day and I totally relate! I woke up from a nap today and actually feel a whole lot better and my tummy started growling tonight. Feeling much more human this evening and my tummy doesn't feel quite like the Water balloon that it has the past couple days. Let's stay in touch since we share the same band day. :)

I was banded on July 12. Still dealing with some pain, but it gets better each day. Waiting to feel a bit more human, this Constipation and gas is so uncomfortable. Ended up having a hernia fixed that I never knew I even had. Glad to be a part of this board and start my journey.

That sounds great April, I'd like that. Have you been really tired too?