Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 25 pounds so far :) Lost 16 on the 1 week pre-op diet and the rest since surgery two weeks ago. So, 25 pounds in three weeks. I'm happy, but not watching the scale too much. I have to keep washing my jeans and drying them on high - I have a bad case of droopy a$$ in my current pair. I'm not complaining though :)

My kids are driving me insane... now that I've gotten that out I can post!

The meal I can eat now is the size of the KFC snack size mashed potato bowl. No more, no less. My full signal is a heavy sensation in my chest, much like I would feel after having an enormous meal. Loving my lap band.

Hi All,

Just dropping by quickly to say that I am finally in Bandland! I was banded on the 12th. It has been a rough couple of days but BOY does each day get better! I am on full liquids as of noon today and was only able to drink a few sips of a creamy Soup. I did try to drink some Protein Shake as well. I am feeling really naseusous a lot though. I don't think I am over the gas pains yet. I am also not sure if what I am feeling is hunger or pain. It feels like hunger but I am not sure.

I will write more when I am more with it. I am really enjoying reading everything you all write!

Good luck to those of you being banded soon!

p.s. I have lost 11 pounds in a week! I lost a few before the surgery (no pre-op diet required except the day before but I did a few days of Protein Shakes only) and I have lost a few pounds since the surgery. Yay!

~karen

The meal I can eat now is the size of the KFC snack size mashed potato bowl. No more, no less. My full signal is a heavy sensation in my chest, much like I would feel after having an enormous meal. Loving my lap band.

wannabe - when were you banded? I was banded 7/5 and am entering the bandster hell part where i'm healed (or feel healed) and yet i haven't had a fill - so i'm trying to follow an 800 calorie diet with no restriction (pure will power). I am "able" to eat the same amount as before surgery but i am not - i'm sticking to the diet and hoping my fills kick in soon. Are you really only able to eat the small cup of food with no restriction yet? that's good - but i don't get it????

wannabe - when were you banded? I was banded 7/5 and am entering the bandster hell part where i'm healed (or feel healed) and yet i haven't had a fill - so i'm trying to follow an 800 calorie diet with no restriction (pure will power). I am "able" to eat the same amount as before surgery but i am not - i'm sticking to the diet and hoping my fills kick in soon. Are you really only able to eat the small cup of food with no restriction yet? that's good - but i don't get it????

Banded on 7/5. Ate a bit more at dinner, but really not much more. I guestimate 3/4 of a cup of food. I can drink a bottle of Water in under 5 min now. I'm still really full from dinner but followed the rules and ate mostly Protein. That was 3 hours ago and I'm still pleasantly stuffed. Maybe a little too stuffed. Back hurts.

I've been hungry, though. Scrambled eggs made with olive oil best so far. Fills me nicely - 1 egg and I'm done! I do a Protein Shake between meals when a slight twinge of hunger starts. That usually keeps me happy. I'm getting around 800-900 calories per day.

Hi everyone. I'm seven days post op. I just went back to work on Monday. This week has been rough for me. I don't know. My emotions are all over the place. I feel like nothing is happening. I've lost some inches. My clothes fit a little loose. But, nothing else. My first fill is next month. I'm eating thicker liquids this week. My hubby made me some vegetable Soup and then put it in the blender. It was pretty good. I'm looking forward to next week. Mushy food time.

I'm really looking for friends to talk to. I'm tired of people asking me what it feels like. I want to talk to people who understand the big change that I made. I wish everyone luck. :)

It's funny that you brought up being emotional because I noticed the same thing for me today too. My mom and sister were like 'you're being very crabby!'. To be honest, today I had a lot of gas pains because I just started full liquids yesterday (which include Protein Shakes with milk, yogurt, fat free pudding, blenderized soups).

I had broccoli soup today... do yourself a favor, NEVER eat it! I felt like a hot air balloon at work. I work in a school and I was ready to blame one of the kids for the gas if I had to... lol. I have been weighing myself every morning which is a really bad habit. I was up .8lbs this morning and it upset me. I am only going to weigh myself a macimum of 2x a week. I think thats why I wasn't in the best of moods today too.

I'm on post-op day 8. I can't believe it's been a little over a week since surgery! I am looking for band friends to, so please keep in touch!

I am a week out and haven't had a bowel movement yet? Should I be concerned?

My doctors office says to let them know if you haven't had a BM 3 days out of surgery. I know someone who hadn't gone by day 3 and they took milk of magnesia. I took milk of magnesia on day 5 and didn't actually go until day 6. Not to get you worried, because it makes perfect since why you're not going lol, but you should probably call your surgeon's office so they can give you tips on how to "get things moving" :)

Is anyone else having trouble telling if they're hungry or not??? And/or with getting their heads around the new idea or portion sizes???

Me too!! I feel like I'm learning my body all over again. I ate Soup that gave me a lot of gas pains and it took me a little while to realize that they were actual gas pains... they weren't extremely painful, I just felt like a hot air balloon. I kept thinking, is this gas or am I hungry??? Turns out I was both lol I'm still getting used to the portion sizes. I find it strange that I can drink Water fairly quickly and eat yogurt at a normal rate and not sense my band. I'm thinkikng I'll probably need a fill in a month once I'm healed? Ah who knows, I guess I've got plenty of time to figure it out.

I was banded on Tuesday. Is anyone else experiencing diaphragm pain? I have this intense pressure right at my diaphragm and it hurts to breathe. Is it gas? Or is this something I should be worried about?

If it hurts to breath I would call your surgeon. It's always best to ask the doctor.

I'm so excited.......today I move onto soft foods!!!!!! Fish, egg salad, ground beef!!! WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Starting phase 3!!!

I was so excited to eat something with alittle more chew and then I wound up having my Protein Shake for Breakfast, LOL, I love getting 30g of Protein first thing. BUT I've asked my husband to make meatballs for dinner tonight YUM!!!

I had soreness when I would breath for about 4-5 days, but I would probably still just call your dr to make sure everything is ok :)

I was banded on Tuesday. Is anyone else experiencing diaphragm pain? I have this intense pressure right at my diaphragm and it hurts to breathe. Is it gas? Or is this something I should be worried about?

Banded Thursday (07/14) yesterday at 9 a.m. Weighed 222 yesterday morning. Left hospital at 2:20 and had still not been able to pee. Don't leave the hospital without doing this. Had to go back to urgent care last night for a cath. Had nothing but IV liquids and Water yesterday and weighed 228.5 this morning. There is still 6.5 lbs of Fluid in me and I am finally starting to pee but it is like I am learning how to.

I had low-fat yogurt for breakfast, (my dr. allows this) anf just had a sugar-free popsicle. Doc said I did great. The nurse anehesist said to me yesterday. Happy Birthday to a new life!!

Hey all July Banders,

I apoligize now if I upset anyone.....but I am at the point of saying "What have I done?" I know this feeling will pass, but I don't feel well, I don't feel "right", I always feel like I have indigestion or heart burn (i have never had either), I still don't know if I am hurting from hunger, healing pains, or gas, or hernia repair and since Wednesday evening, I am pouting :( even watching a Kentucky Fried chicken commercial!! Again, I know this will pass, but I do hope that this "not quite right" feeling goes away soon.

On the up side, I am down 15 lbs since last Thursday, but I still can't hold in my stomach and walk up right!

Please, early banders, tell me it will get better!!!!

Lisa