Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DISGUSTED!! Waste of time!

I was banded 12-8-10 and to this day, I have lost a total of 6 lbs. I'm ranging between 7 and 10 lbs. I'm really beginning to think I wasted my time and energy with this surgery. I watch what I eat and exercise 2-3 times a week. Something is wrong with me... So frustrated!

Are you journaling all your food ..........try www.sparkspeople.com or www.myfitnesspal.com both of these sights can assit with tracking calories, Protein carb and fat intake ..... sometimes you can surprise yourself with what and how much you are eating .......are you drinking liquids several times a day?

Hi Debora. No, I'm not currently journaling my food but I just signed up for my fitnesspal.com. I just feel so disappointed. I'm starting to wonder if I have some underlying condition. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

Are you journaling all your food ..........try www.sparkspeople.com or www.myfitnesspal.com both of these sights can assit with tracking calories, Protein carb and fat intake ..... sometimes you can surprise yourself with what and how much you are eating .......are you drinking liquids several times a day?

Nipper, I am sorry u are having trouble. Are you restricted and are u watching your protein/hydration/portions? I find if I do not have Protein and water- and lots of it- I just don't lose. I know counting calories is a pain, but it does help to put things in perspective

I highly recommend myfitnesspal. There are a lot of bandsters on there who you can friend (I'm vickyd205) and many if us have our food journals open for our friends to see. Maybe looking at what others are eating will help give you some ideas.

Hi Debora. No, I'm not currently journaling my food but I just signed up for my fitnesspal.com. I just feel so disappointed. I'm starting to wonder if I have some underlying condition. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

Nipper, I was banded two days before you, and I've lost 97 pounds so far. So I can tell you the band definitely does work, if it is managed right. I strongly recommend you revisit your processes - check what/when you're eating, your calories/protein/carb amounts, your restriction/fill levels, and anything else you need to do to get control over your situation. If your band is working properly, and if you're working it properly, you should be well on your way by now. Talk to your surgeon, and find out what's going on. Something is not right.

Good luck!

Dave

I use myfitness pal. It is the only way I can be accoutable. I credit it for my weight loss because I have very little restriction.

Can you tell us what you'd normally eat in a day, and how much? Maybe we can help.

Have your Thyroid checked.....ask for a TSH test! Could be underlying health issues! I was banded 12-7-10 and am only down 50 pounds! I have Hypo thyroid,stage 3 Adrenal Fatigue among other issues and it is harder to lose the weight compared to someone with out thyroid issues!

With the myfitnesspal.com it asks some questions like your weight, height, even sex. It will determine what your calorie intake should then be.

It's really a good idea to journal your food for calories, and Protein.

You said you think there is something else wrong with you. Well, I have a hypothyroid, and that will cause sluggish weight loss or weight gain.

If I were you,,, I would journal everything for a month, and get some exercise. If you have no luck, then see a Dr., and explain your situation.

Good Health to you, Shirley.

Tracking our intake is an essential part of learning about our eating choices. The various programs make tracking quite easy.

Those subtle reasons we respond to daily stress from whatever source, can be observed and then changed once we become aware of our Intake errors.

Changing old habits is difficult but rewarding. And the scale is not the final arbitrator of whether we are successful.

Changing the physical and emotional constraints of Morbid Obesity demands our full attention, discipline and dedication.

"We ARE the Band".....and the Band as Tool means we must learn to use it....the Band as an instrument in the symphonic orchestra of our ultimate health/happiness requires we learn to tune it before we play a sonata.

You. Can. Do. It.

Hey everyone,

I'm scheduled to be banded on 7/14/11. I'm wondering -- if we still need to journal and really watch what we eat, why not just do Weight Watchers or something. What does the band really do that it's worth putting all my money into it? Sorry, I'm just getting nervous and want to make sure I'm making the right choice to have surgery. Also, is it okay if I'm not working out right now? Should I be working out prior to surgery in case I could be losing weight on my own? So confused and nervous.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I'm scheduled to be banded on 7/14/11. I'm wondering -- if we still need to journal and really watch what we eat, why not just do Weight Watchers or something. What does the band really do that it's worth putting all my money into it? Sorry, I'm just getting nervous and want to make sure I'm making the right choice to have surgery. Also, is it okay if I'm not working out right now? Should I be working out prior to surgery in case I could be losing weight on my own? So confused and nervous.

Thanks.

I posted up above about myfitnespal.com It's FREE ! So no money is spent.

It will figure out how much you should be eating a day, and then tell you if you stick to it, you could way so much in 5 weeks. That alone is a incentive to me.

Plus it tracks your work outs. Check it out, it can't hurt.

re: "why not just do Weight Watchers or something. What does the band really do that it's worth putting all my money into it? "

I spent over 30 years fluctuating up & down & then up more again doing "Weight Watchers or something".

So far, while not 100% the results I want, the Band has helped me more than any other approach I've used.

Results seem to vary between Bandsters. Don't know of any specific academic studies that isolates the differences.

While Weight Watchers and othe WL programs are great and many people are successful on them, a lot of times, the weight lost comes back because the hunger is never truly diminished. The band helps to fully diminish hunger so that Weight Watchers, counting calories, &/or other WL options work better and help us keep the weight off long-term.

I, like many other people on here, have been very successful on certain programs, only to see my weight that I lost come back plus more because I was hungry, felt deprived, etc. With the band, I can eat what I want, just in smaller, controlled portions, so I don't feel deprived and see more success that will last.

A lot of bandsters use Weight Watchers and other WL programs, with their bands. It's all up to you and your doctor how you work it. Good luck to you!

quote name='schmidty42' timestamp='1309182031' post='1631525']

Hey everyone,

Thanks.