Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I'm a new member that is in the process of getting the lap band surgery. I have been over weight for about 15 years. It started as soon as I got married. I've tried dieting and exercise but its hard to do when both parents work and have children. My wife works M-F and I work a 12 hour rotating shift(days/nights). My wife had the stomach band surgery about six years ago and she looks great. I told her that I am tired of all the fad diets, I don't like the way I look and I'm concerned about my health. A couple of weeks ago I went to a seminar given by Dr. Hadar Spivak. He discussed the pros and cons of the Lap-Band and the Gastric Bypass surgeries. When I met with the him I had my mind set to go with the Gastric Bypass surgery. On my way home I changed my mind and have decided to go with the Lap-Band instead. The good news is that my insurance company has already approved it and I'm scheduled for surgery on March 31st. I can't wait!

Grats Steven, and welcome to the best support group Ive found. Everyone here seems to be open, honest (even if it does hurt) and so willing to help each other out. Ask lots of questions before your surgery, which will be here before you know it. Im sure you'll find lots of support here.

And Im SO glad you chose the band. The bypass makes me cringe for so many reasons.

Welcome to LBT Steven! Congrats on your insurance approval and surgery date. :)

Welcome to lap-band-land! I am sure you will enjoy your journey once you get to the resort! In preparing for your trip, please be sure to carefully search all of the relevant information on this site. It will help you anticipate how it will go, and may provide some critical information about who you select to help you on your way!

Hi Steven, and welcome to LBT!! Congratulations on your approval and surgery date.

What sort of surgery did your wife have, exactly? Did she have a non-adjustable band in the U.S., or lap-band somewhere else? We'd love to hear from someone who's had a band for so long, even if it's a different kind. Tell we said hi!!

Congratulations and welcome! I hope you'll look back on this decision as one of the best things you 've ever done for yourself! Most of the people here seem to feel that way, even those who have had difficulties with the band. I"m wi th Susan...the band makes me just cringe for lots of reasons, so I'm glad you went with the band, too.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Emly

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Welcome to LBT, and congrats on the Insurance approval and surgery date. I am with Alex, I would love to hear about what kind of band your wife had also.

Congrats on your surgery date! Dr. Spivak and his staff are wonderful! I was there today to get a fill and there were a few men there getting their fills done. I talked to one man and he was very happy with his choice and I am sure you will be too. Welcome aboard! :clap2: If you have any questions about Dr. Spivak or his staff and how they do things feel free to ask!