Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 Weeks Pregnant - I think my band has slipped

I am 13 weeks pregnant and I think my band has slipped because I am having problems with solids and with fluids. I am constantly throwing up. I have no Fluid in my band. I am done with morning sickness. Just can't eat or drink anything.

Has anyone experienced this while pregnant?

I had that experience and unfortunately I did have a slip. My band was completely empty when it happened but it felt like it was so full it was closed. Anything I ate or drank just came back up eventually. I had to have a band replacement surgery to fix it.

You posted a while ago. Did you go to your band doctor and do you know what is going on? I hope everything is OK with you.

I did until I finally got ALL the Fluid out at around 20 weeks... Then It was a FREE FOR ALL... Unfortunately now it looks like I have slipped (most likely from the massive vommiting even after the removal of fluid because of kidney failure).... I hope you called your doc and got this sorted out!

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and virtually everything hurts going down. Cereal, chicken, eggs, pasta..... I'm constantly nauseous and vomiting. I am unable to go to my Dr. Until September because of insurance issues, switched insurance now adding better insurance during open enrollment. I've done some research and narrowed it down. I attribute my sickness to either, a slipped band, anemia, GERD, or heartburn. I started taking Malox Advanced ( which I think is okay to take when you're pregnant) before meals. I eat extremely extremely slow, slower than I ate before I got pregnant and this seems to have done the trick. I also bought some Tums. I'll try those out today

Just found out through a Dr that you should take Malox Advanced during first trimester. Dam dam dam

I haven't really had any problems with vomiting, although I have been nauseated... Only 5 weeks along though, so I suspect that the vomiting may occur. Getting all Fluid out this Friday, and I'm praying that I won't have a slip when the fime comes for getting really sick. Scared! I hope that you are feeling better. Did you find out if you actually had a slip or not?!

Question, how do you find out if a slip has occurred? x-ray?

Second - when I was pregnant I had big issues with milk products. (when banded) I cut them way back and used a lactonex (sp?) product and things got better.

Question, how do you find out if a slip has occurred? x-ray?

Second - when I was pregnant I had big issues with milk products. (when banded) I cut them way back and used a lactonex (sp?) product and things got better.

My slip was first diagnosed with a flouroscopy (you drink the barium solution as you are x-rayed to see the flow of liquid. It was then confirmed with an endoscopy (you are put to sleep and a camera on a tube goes down your throat to view the condition of your stomach).

I am happy the lactonex works for you and solved your issues with milk products.

I TOTALLY feel your pain! I am 9`1/2 weeks pregnant and all of a sudden I am having major issues with my band. I had residual slippage to begin with and only .5cc's in my band because I felt completely restricted with that.. Although I can still eat more than I should... i wasn't getting pain like always. Anyway.. yesterday I vomitted while brushing my teeth / tongue.. thanks to pregnancy... and when I ate a few hrs later I had MAJOR MAJOR issues with pain in the lapband area. I honestly didn't know if it was lapband related or gallstones.. or something else! I ended up going to the ER last night and the sono showed my organs were all good.. so we basically are assuming its lapband related. I am assuming I slipped it even more after I vomitted yesterday. Today I am causiously eating mushy foods.. I have NO appetite and when I think of food I get nauseated.. I HAVE to force myself to eat because of being prego and this kid makes me nauseous if i do not eat every 2 hrs! I have had NOTHING but issues with my band. Oh i forgot to mention my port is completely flipped and I can't even get the .5cc's out!!!!! I CANNOT wait to have this band removed after pregnancy and go back to weight watchers where i can eat healthy foods and not be in pain!!!

sorry for the vent.. i am beyond frustrated.. this is my second pregnancy and I feel like i am having more issues this time around because the lapband.. or it's contributing to issues!!

its been a while so I wanted to see how all of you did!! Im 7 weeks pregnant...my band slipped a while back so we took all the Fluid out to let it try to repair....then a few weeks later I found out i was pregnant...yesterday my band started bothering me again...feels so tight that I can't even keep Water down! I've heard of people having surgery to fix bands while pregnant but not this early...what can they do?? Im terrified! :( :( :(

Here's how I did... in September of last year I had a miscarriage, actually; and then got pregnant again in January of this year, and I'm almost done! I haven't had any problems with my band at all, thank goodness, but they took all the Fluid out to prevent problems. I feel grateful.