Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my liquid diet today. The first 30 minutes were a breeze, but now i'm hungry. I feel a rumbly in my tumbly :rolleyes:

I am trying to concentrate on work (because i am at work) and i'm trying not to listen to the music that my stomach is making

How did you pass the time in between shakes?

I have a couple of ...uplifting and motivational songs on my iPod. when i get hungry or when i get discouraged, i take 2 or 3 minutes and listen to one of those songs to take my mind off of the fact that I'm hungry.

what are your tips for getting through this first 2 weeks of shakes.< /p>

(incidently, i'm drinking muscle milk light in chocolate and it isn't bad at all. i thought it would be gross, but it's actually quite delicious.)

I have been on liquid diet also since Friday. I have 2 weeks. The first 2-3 days is hard, mostly your brain telling you that you are hunger. I also like the muscle milk light in chocolate. Its quite good. I also have been getting the V8 100% vegetable juice low sodium and that helps also, plus drink lots of Water. I love water anyway but it seems to be getting boring so I also picked up MiO liquid Enhancer. Zero calories, Zero sugar, this i put on my desk or in my purse and just squirt some in my water, Today I'm drinking sweet tea, and its yummy. But I do stay quite busy at work and try not to think of eating. I do go to www.myfitnesspal.com to enter what my intake is for the day and exercise also. I did cheat with some skinless chicken breast though, but they said I could do the liquid and or Atkins diet. So it wasn't really cheating I guess. I have lost 8 lbs since last week. I will be glad when my day is here. April 29th can't come soon enough. Good luck!

my liquid diet is very strict. i can only have 1,000 calories per day and they have to come from the Protein shakes, SF popsicles, SF Jello, veggies, or broth.

i cannot have any kind of meats. soooooooo, man this is hard. i'm doing ok though. luckily at my job, it's our busy time of the month, so the day is zooming by. if i can make it through work then home will be a breeze. mmayyybe more hurricane winds than a breeze, but easier than work for sure.

Drink Water, that's how I fought most of the hunger. It's pretty hard the first 2 days but by day 3 I was feeling better. Good luck!!

I started mine today also. I get to have an apple or some other fruit ( 1/2 cup canned in juice ) in between the shakes plus lots of non caloric drinks ( 64 Fld oz. per day ) 0 sugar carbs. Then 1 good meal at dinner with 4 oz chicken or fish or 3 oz lean beef or pork loin and 2 cups vegetables. I've read others had to go on an all liquid diet pre-surgery. I'm very lucky, so, I will suck it up and do this with one exception, my cousin is getting married on the 30th of this month so I will enjoy that one day and have a carb ( potatoes ) and 1 drink. Do you think they could make a frozen mud slide out of my Slim Fast Protein Drink LOL. Good luck and much sucess to you. :)

ha, i keep re-reading my instructions to see if the Dr. just hid those things about chicken or fish. nope....i guess i can't have it. So, when you are noshing on your chicken, just think of poor old me and how i'll be sucking down another shake and eating some Jello :D

We will get through this, we will get through this, we will get through this.....

.....also, i should add that i am trying to make my shake last a good long while. the first shake i had lasted an hour.

i am currently on my 2nd and i've been nursing it for 1 and 1/2. this makes it feel like i am constantly putting something in.

I am on a clear liquid diet for 1 week pre-surgery. I'm on day 3 and hanging in there! It's tough - no doubt about it! I can only have broth (no veggies or meat in it), 100% juice (diluted 1/2 & 1/2 with water), sugar free Jello, Propel Zero or other non-sugar, non-carbonated Water, and sugar free popsicles..... I've lost 5 pounds already, so that is helping my mood! Unfortunately, I still have to feed my kids - and that is hard!!! I'm not going to cheat though - this is too important!!

It will get better even though it feels like you're never going to make it! My surgery is Tuesday and now I wake up not hungry and have to force myself to have a shake. I promise it will get easier!! You could have chicken broth or sf Jello in between. The shakes that I had to drink are called Bariatric Fusion and I have to drink 4/day (I mix with 8oz milk). It helps when you mix a shake with ice to give it more volume. Also if you have not tried PB2, I highly suggest it!! It's powdered Peanut Butter (they remove all the oil so all the bad stuff is gone). You can change your plain chocolate shake into peanut butter chocolate deliciousness! Use 1tbsp and your liquid diet will be forever changed. You can order it online from bellplantation.com

Drink tons of water...and just remember this is the hardest part of the whole thing. Once you get through this, you will be fine! It is definately worth it!

Well, it's day 6 for me. i am still doing ok with the liquid diet. i haven't cheated at all, but something started happening on Saturday and i wonder if it is a common thing. since saturday, i have been coughing and wheezing almost nonstop. i am EXHAUSTED from coughing. my husband seems to think that with all of the liquids i've been drinking, that i have loosened stuff up in my chest and it is making its way out. is this something that anyone else has experienced? i am really so tired and if i didn't have to be at work today, i would have totally just stayed home in bed.

i have been taking mucinex and i hope that's ok to do, but i just didn't know what else to do. i am so miserable. the liquid part would be easier if i didn't feel like complete crap right now. any suggestions?