Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What things can you do now that your are banned that you could not before?

Just wanted to start a positive thread.

I am looking forward to having more energy, better sex and not not worrying if I am going to brake the toliet when I sit down:teeth:

jen

I can run up stairs ... I can catch my 6 year old daughter when she is running too ... Sex is definatly better .... I can stand at work all day without my legs hurting... and no swelling in my knees any more.... I can wear high heels without feeling like my feet will explode.... I am under my husbands weight for the first time in a long time!!! I can shop in the misses section of a store now!! My rings are loose and I can wear my wedding rings again!!I eat less than my 6 year old !! Gosh I could go on and on all day long about how my band has changed me for the better!!!! Yippi !!! Thanks for starting this thread!!!

The best thing that I have been able to do is to set down in the floor and play with my grandson. I can actually have him sitting in my lap on the floor and stand up with him without worring that I'm going to loose my balance. Sex is 100% better.

I can sit in kitchen chairs with side arms again. I can fit in a booth again. I can shop at the mall for hours without having to stop and rest. Sex is way better. I carry myself with more confidence and feel good about how I look when I get dressed in the morning. I can cross my legs. Did I mention sex is way better? :)

I went to an amusement park and didn't need to sit down in between anything after being on my feet for most of the day. I can break a sweat at the gym without feeling like I am going to die. I GO to the gym. Yes, sex is better, lol. I'm doing things to stand out again, instead of doing things to blend in so that no one notices me. There's probably more, but they aren't coming to me right at the moment, lol

I can clean my house & FINISH it without getting all tired out. (I say that I CAN, it doesn't mean that I DO!!!)

The sex thing has been a problem. My husband can't keep his hands off me!! ROFL!!!!! :)

I can cross my legs! I can fit into a theater seat comfortably!! I can shop at Old Navy because I can fit into their sizes!! WAHOO!!! I FEEL pretty. I LOOK pretty. Hey, I AM pretty!!!!!!

I can clean my house & FINISH it without getting all tired out.

The sex thing has been a problem. My husband can't keep his hands off me!! ROFL!!!!! :rofl:

I can cross my legs!

I carry myself with more confidence and feel good about how I look when I get dressed in the morning.

exactly what they said

Oh yeah, and over the Christmas holiday, my family put on a talent show. I was able to dance through an entire 3 1/2 minute song with my daughter in 3" heels without huffing and puffing, and my feet didn't hurt from dancing in heels!

I can cross my legs and breath at the same time. Sex is way better. I can run up and down the stairs to do laundry with no problem. This may sound crazy but I can sit in the bathtub and have room on each side, my hips don't touch the sides anymore. I can sit comfortably in a plane seat now. I have gone from a 22-24 to a 14, soon to be a 12. I can buy clothes in stores that don't even have a plus sized department. I can stop eating when I am starting to get full. I can and have tossed most of a cheesecake in the trash as it had gone bad. I passed on the chance to get ice cream today. I can hold my head high and honsetly say I am 22 pounds lighter then the weight on my drivers license, I lied about it to begin with. Need more inspriation? I could go on all day. ~Mandy

i can slip into a meeting late after rushing to get there from my office, sit down, and answer questions in a normal voice.

prior to surgery, i would have to sit for awhile not being able to talk or breath because i rushed from my office to the conference room. it was very embarrassing!!!

Well, last night I went to my hubby's comapany holiday party and didn't spend the evening at my table "hiding". I met several of his employees (the first time I've let him introduce me to them) and danced the night away with the skinny wives' club (guess I am now an honorary member since I certainly don't fit the description)!! I worked up a great sweat, but I didn't care! My new plan is to do what I enjoy, not hide because of shame!!

Well, here goes..

I can RUN!

I can cross my legs,

I can wear a size 12/14 (US 10/12)

I can make it through the day without needing a nap,

I can walk into a "regular" store without feeling like I don't belong.

I am sure there is more, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.