Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got a flouroscopy fill last week. This morning I had my first solid food and I'm stuck. Apparently I didn't chew quite enough. It hurts! I'm coughing and slimming,

Can somebody tell me how long this is going to last? It really hurts.

I haven't had that happen yet but my Dr. told me to get some papaya extract incase it does. I went to the health food store and they had some. The doctor's office said to take and chew four of the pills if I had a stuck episode and that should get it moving. Sorry I can't help much. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Papaya enzyme works. Try moving/jumping around. Sounds silly but it does eventually pass, or it all comes back up. Be sure to chew even more next time and take smaller bites.

OK, it's been about an hour and a half and I'm still stuck, but the pain has lightened up. I'm still slimming but not as badly.

Reverie, I've taken your advice of jumping and moving around and it seemed to help! Wow, in fact, even as I'm typing I'm feeling relief.

NEVER AGAIN!! That was painful and miserable. I can't imagine that happening at a restaurant. I think I formed bad habits during the past 8 months when I haven't had the restriction I've heard everyone talk about.

I've been playing around with the same 5 pound for the past 8 months. I've been frustrated with having little to no restriction. So my surgeon tightened me up under xray, using flouroscopy.

I have restriction now!!!! My surgeon said "I've fine tuned your piano, now it's up to you to learn how to play it." I think I just played a bad chord! Lesson learned the hard way!!!! whoa

small bites

chew, chew, chew

Thanks for your comments. Trish, I'm going to pick up some papaya enzyme.

The stuck episode is over. Hopefully, never to happen again.

Let the weight loss begin!

I can't believe it .. Not again!! Yes, I tried eating again and I'm stuck! Soft scrambled eggs, small bites, chew, chew, chew ... and I'm stuck ... again!!!

Should I have gone back to liquids for a day before trying solid food again after being stuck?

This seriously hurts.

My second stuck episode is now over. It lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes. I'm going back to liquids today. I'll try solids again later.

I hope the information in this thread might help others somehow.

Get a glass of warm Water, and drink it slowly. It will either go down or it will come up. But you have to keep drinking until it's clear. Then stay on liquids for a few days.

You will feel it drop down into the stomach. So remember do this slowly but drink the whole glass or 2. If you throw up, just drink the water till it comes up again or goes threw, but,,, remember you have to clear yourself out with the water.

Stick to liquids for a few days; you've probably irritated your stoma/pouch. Drink hot tea, broths, Water, etc. and give your body some time to settle back down. I haven't been filled and sometimes eggs are a problem in the morning for me as well, especially around my TOM. When you go back to solids, try drinking something hot before eating, it will help open up your band.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely keep the warm Water in mind if I get stuck again. I can see where drinking hot liquids can relax and open me up before I eat. I plan to do that from now on.

NOW I understand what restriction is. It's been a year getting there. This is definitely a process.

Thanks again everyone!

I'm glad it worked out for you. As far as I know (OLD SCHOOL) that's how we get unstuck. I hope you keep it in mind.

Sometimes it can get rough, so make sure you chew.

I know your not supposed to drink before or immediately after eating but I was getting stuck alot and now drink hot tea before I eat ( about an oz or 2) eat then have another smething warm to drink... It is helping.. chew chew chew. I also find if I dont eat on the run I am better. Good luck.

I know your not supposed to drink before or immediately after eating but I was getting stuck alot and now drink hot tea before I eat ( about an oz or 2) eat then have another smething warm to drink... It is helping.. chew chew chew. I also find if I dont eat on the run I am better. Good luck.

What ever works for you. That's what I do.

Thanks again for the responses.

I got brave and decided to try a little solid food for dinner. Before this though, I hydrated all day, taking in about 45 oz of Water. I'll drink more before going to bed to total 60 oz.

Anyway, I'm happy to report successful results! I ate small bites, chewed, chewed, and pulverized before swallowing.

Thu, I can see why eating on the run would not be a good idea. I needed to pay attention tonight when I was eating, to be sure the bites were small and well chewed. I know that wouldn't happen if I was eating on the run. Good advice!

Thanks again everyone for the help. I feel like I'm brand new at this all over again!

Restriction is where it's at! I can't wait to see the results!

Thanks again for the responses.

I got brave and decided to try a little solid food for dinner. Before this though, I hydrated all day, taking in about 45 oz of Water. I'll drink more before going to bed to total 60 oz.

Anyway, I'm happy to report successful results! I ate small bites, chewed, chewed, and pulverized before swallowing.

Thu, I can see why eating on the run would not be a good idea. I needed to pay attention tonight when I was eating, to be sure the bites were small and well chewed. I know that wouldn't happen if I was eating on the run. Good advice!

Thanks again everyone for the help. I feel like I'm brand new at this all over again!

Restriction is where it's at! I can't wait to see the results!

Wishing you success, Shirley