Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spasms or cramps

Chest Pains/cramps/spasms?

I have had my band for about 4 years now and have never experienced this before and have now twice since Saturday and hoping there's someone on here that has. My doc is out all week so I can't talk to him.

It would see that I have been to tight for about 8 months.. was waking up around 1-2 at night, liquids coming up through my nose, mouth or ending up in my lungs no matter how much earlier I was eating and drinking before going to bed.

Finally went in Friday and had 1.6 taken out of my 4cc band. I've slept like a baby for 3 nights now, HOWEVER, Saturday I had this HORRID HORRID cramping or spasams going across my chest, both sides, working it's way up into my Jaws and the top of my head. This lasted about 10 minutes before fadeing away. The again this morning but this time it lasted about 15-20 minutes. I just can't even describe acurately how horribly it hurt.

I am wondering if maybe I was banded to tight for so long, that when the pressure was relieved it's causing spasms or cramps?

Any advise or comparisons would be nice.

thanks

Tracy

Tracy, you need to go to the ER when that happens, at least once to rule out a heart attack.

I agree - those symptoms do sound as though they could be heart related. Not something to mess around with. Go to ER NOW.

I've had similar pains and did go to the ER and ruled out a heart attack. Though the doctors couldn't figure out what it was, the guess was gallbladder. Fattening foods, dairy products, eggs, meats with high levels of fat, dairy products, citrus fruits, chocolate, coffee and carbonated soda can all trigger a gallbladder attack.

A gallbladder attack can last anywhere from 10-15 minutes to hours and can make it so no position is comfortable, breathing deeply hurts, you sweat, have cold sweats, feel like you need to vomit, and more. It can be some of the worst pain you've ever felt.

It's worth getting checked out either way - but if the hospital is unable to find a cause the next time it happens, consider your gallbladder.

In the mean time, keep a detailed food diary and you will be able to tell what you ate before it happens (my first had a 6 hour gap between eating and the attack, the second was within seconds).

I had similar symptons in Jan the day befor the super bowl.. I went to the ER and they only checked to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack or anything other heart related issues.. all was fine.. Thank God. Went to the lapband dr that Monday and it was my band, I was having spams radiating back in forth I couldn't tell if it was coming from my stomach or my chest. Needless to say it was my stomach.. But since your dr is out of town and to be on the safe side I would go to the ER, I didnt' have any jaw pains or the other pains you're describing. I hope everything has worked out of will be work out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches