Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First week aftersurgery

I got my band on Monday. My stomach is also growling like crazy. I have no desire to eat. I have tried my best to get my Protein Shakes (Unjury) in starting today, but man they make me SOO full. Just ignore your tummy growling its just getting used to all the changes. Don't eat just because it is growling. Best of Luck!

How did you not get hungry during the 1st week of Clear Liquids after surgery. I am 2 1/2 days off my surgery and stomach is growling. Don't have a need to eat, just keep feeling it.

I'm still having horrible hunger pains, and I am 10 days out. I just tried really hard to keep to the diet even tho it was hurting.

My stomach is growling at me a bit also. It is so mental FOR ME. I just feel I should be eatting, even when I havnt been hungry. I want to TASTE things and I think it's all just the mental fight in my head. I am just sticking to the directions I was given, which is 4oz clear liquid once every hour. broth, applejuice, gatorade.......Oh, my surgery was yesterday.

Hang in there folks. It gets better every day. Follow your doc's orders. They are all different, but it's best to just follow what they say.

My post-op was 7 days of ice cold clear liquids (the cold to help with swelling)...... anything you can see through. I guess I was pretty lucky that the hunger growling didn't start for me until week 3. When I could go with stuff that wasn't ice cold I found sipping Jello (strawberry banana) in it's liquid state was heaven.

Im 10 days post op and everyday is getting better! My Dr. told me I could have popsicles and they are great... I'm still feeling some discomfort in my port area and it is alittle difficult to bend over still...I'm hoping that this is normal? Im new to this site.

Question for you all...... I am only 4 days post op myself. I have had nothing but chicken broth, gatorade and a little bit of Water since surgery. My doctor told me I needed things with sugar in it this week to keep my energy level up. I can also have fruit juice popsicles. My question is what would ice cream do? If you eat it slowly, would it cause harm at this point?

ice cream isn't clear, so it would have been a bad thing for me on day 4.

I am 5 days post-op and I actually enjoy listening to stomach growl....something it has never done before! My stomach may be growling, but I am not hungry. The Protein Shakes do seem to fill me up along with broth, sugar-free- flavored waters and popsicles. Pretty content so far rolleyes.gif

i'm 4 days post op too! i find that if i manage my feeding schedule (ha!) very carefully i'm not hungry.

here's what i've been doing this week:

- 4 oz of Isopure shake every 4 or 5 hours

- 4 oz of skim milk 2x a day

- 3 or 4oz of beef broth once a day

- a few sips per day of watered down white grape juice, which is heavenly!

- 2 sugar free popscicles a day

- a tiny bit of sugar free Jello once a day

- sipping Water constantly throughout the day (was told not to drink ice cold Water because it can make the pouch spasm, which is different than what someone else said?)

doing all of that seems to be keeping my stomach from growling or feeling hungry. but man, i'm really craving FOOD! healthy food though, not bad food. so i guess that's good. my sister had gastric bypass and said that she had the same experience -- craving healthy food for once.

Alrighty, I am 3 days post-op and yesterday was juice, broth, Water and Jello. Today I advanced to Protein Shake, like i had strawberry ensure, jello, cream of potato Soup (strained so no chunks) and some carnation instant Breakfast. I just cant seem to get full!!!! And my stomach just keeps growling and growling, I am trying my hardest not to eat anything bad, just sticking to my liquids but I just dont understand why I am so hungry!

I only had to do clear liquids on the first day. I have had a few milkshakes...horrible im sure but I am starving. I just keep looking for anything that will keep me full for more than an hour!!!

Amp up your Protein. My sister is a tri-athlete. She kept pushing me to add more protein to my protein. When I finally did, I started to feel less hunger and better. I started adding add'l unflavored protein or LF PB to my shakes. I also healed very quickly. I am on day 8 today and saw the surgeon who gave me the go-ahead to move to mushies.

My surgery was monday oct. 24th. Last night my growling tummy actually turned in to TRUE hunger pains. So I had a few ounces of a strawberry milkshake and that did the trick! I am having a very hard time with the Protein Shakes so I get no help from that. I JUST now had an ounce or two of cream of chicken Soup made with milk. It was ok...I was feeling really weak and needed something. Other than that I've just been having Water, yogurt smoothies(the little kid kind) and chicken broth..I think I will try popcicles. In desperate need of something different!!

also I hate the FAKE sugar taste.... so I will probably just get the regular ones

My surgery was monday oct. 24th. Last night my growling tummy actually turned in to TRUE hunger pains. So I had a few ounces of a strawberry milkshake and that did the trick! I am having a very hard time with the Protein shakes so I get no help from that. I JUST now had an ounce or two of cream of chicken Soup made with milk. It was ok...I was feeling really weak and needed something. Other than that I've just been having Water, yogurt smoothies(the little kid kind) and chicken broth..I think I will try popcicles. In desperate need of something different!!