Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone

Im just posting a follow-up that the pain and discomfort I was having since being banded now seems to be resolved!

I was banded in July of 2010 and have written about being able to feel the band, having a lot of discomfort under both ribs, having to lay down during my 3 breaks at work-- and right away after getting home from work.

Just this past tuesday, I was talking with a friend and suddenly something inside me kind of squiggled and turned, some really odd sensation. But not enough to stop our conversation.

The next morning I woke up feeling great! I have not had the discomfort or pain return. I can still feel a sensation of the band, but it is not unpleasant -- just a small pressure under my ribs when I am sitting. If I am standing I feel nothing!!!!

Im in heaven! Just hope it continues.

I happened to have a ascheduled appt with my surgeon the very next day and told him what had happened. His eyes got real big and he got his pen and pad out immediately to write an order for an Xray -- which I had the next evening. Dont have the results yet.

Thank you for reading the posts and just being here for support!

~hiddn

Wow... well glad the pain is gone. Keep us posted on what your results are!

I am posting again here in July 2011.

I am not feeling well at all. Can anyone relate to these symptoms?

I have what feels like a soft golf ball in my lower throat. I feel better when I lay down. I often have pain or tightness under both ribs. I get tingly feelings in my face. Until recently I could eat just about anything I wanted. Now I can eat less and less. I am seriously considering having the band taken out. My quality of life sucks. I go to work, barely make it thru the day, then come home and lay down. I lay down most of the weekend.

My doctor ordered a CT scan and I will get the results next week.

Has anyone had these symptoms and had them resolved some how without removing the band?

I am also considering converting to the sleeve.

Im just so tired. Everyone tells me I look great...but I feel like hell :(

Thank you for any response you care to make. I could really use some help and support. Im scared.

~hiddn

ps: I am wondering if the release in February may have been stitching that kept the port in place and maybe things have shifted around, causing all this pain and pressure.

Hi everyone

Im just posting a follow-up that the pain and discomfort I was having since being banded now seems to be resolved!

I was banded in July of 2010 and have written about being able to feel the band, having a lot of discomfort under both ribs, having to lay down during my 3 breaks at work-- and right away after getting home from work.

Just this past tuesday, I was talking with a friend and suddenly something inside me kind of squiggled and turned, some really odd sensation. But not enough to stop our conversation.

The next morning I woke up feeling great! I have not had the discomfort or pain return. I can still feel a sensation of the band, but it is not unpleasant -- just a small pressure under my ribs when I am sitting. If I am standing I feel nothing!!!!

Im in heaven! Just hope it continues.

I happened to have a ascheduled appt with my surgeon the very next day and told him what had happened. His eyes got real big and he got his pen and pad out immediately to write an order for an Xray -- which I had the next evening. Dont have the results yet.

Thank you for reading the posts and just being here for support!

~hiddn

Wow your story is gut wrenching, ive been saying if I have more problems then I can handle with my band I won't hesitate to get a revision to the sleeve. You have well surpassed the point I would have in your situation. I hope all goes well and you find a solution to make wls work for your life! Dont give up, we are here to support you!

Oh man :( Well if the stitches on your port gave way, I don't think you'd feel a difference up in your chest where your band is placed. The results from the x-ray were normal? How much of a fill do you have? By you saying you can eat less and less, I'm thinking you need an un-fill, but I'd assume your surgeon would have done this automatically when you told him that you were so uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you're so miserable :( If I were you I'd also be looking into a revision. What good is weight loss if you're constantly in pain and miserable?

Thank you to those who responded so quickly!

I agree with everything said. I dread opening my eyes each day.

I havent had a fill since december of last year, which makes it all the more puzzling. I was thinking if the stitches have given way, then maybe over time this allowed things to shift and now they have migrated to a place that they dont fit, which in turn is causing pressure and the sensation in my throat. All totally made up in my mind to explain the problem!

The thing Im wondering about, is could it simply be the hernia I had that he placed the band over instead of actually repairing? Apparently, this works for most people, but maybe mine shifted and popped out.

I miss those days of feeling so good!

I just need to get thru to tuesday when i can see the surgeon again and get the results of the ct scan and a plan.

I called the office 3 times yesterday because i felt worse and knowing he would be out of the office starting today---but did not get a call back.

thank you so much for your heartfelt responses. It really made a difference for me here. Ive been scared and sad and felt pretty alone ---- so it brought tears to my eyes to come here this morning and see such caring responses from those who wrote.

It meant a lot.

love, hiddn

Have you considered it could be your thyroid?

HI!

I've thought a little bit about that. But it doesnt seem to be in that spot, unless it is referred pain.

This is more of a pressure in the bottom or hollow of the throat (or hollow of the neck?)

And the pressure seems to be coming from the direction of under my ribs.

I also feel tingling sensations in my face sometimes.

I am hoping it is the hernia my surgeon didn't fix. He put the lapband over it, which apparently fixes it for most people.

Im wondering if the band has shifted a little bit as I lost weight, and now maybe the hernia is popping out?

Did you have these symptoms and was it your thyroid?

Im just waiting for tuesday when i get the results of the Ct Scan. I'll just lay down a lot this weekend.

Do you happen to know anyone who converted from band to sleeve? Im interested in that.

Im thinking it would be a good idea to have my band unfilled and let everything rest. See if that releases the pressure.

Thank you for asking about the thyroid.

~hiddn

I have no ideas about what it might be, but please post again once you know because I'm interested to find out what's going on with you. I'll send up a prayer that you get the situation resolved!

Keep us posted. I hope you get answers and most importantly, I hope you feel better soon!