Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

craving peanut butter...any body else??

I have been eating Peanut Butter, straight from the jar....just eating it off the spoon...today all I ate all day was spoonfuls of it, until I ate supper tonight....what is making me do this!!!

I have been eating Peanut Butter, straight from the jar....just eating it off the spoon...today all I ate all day was spoonfuls of it, until I ate supper tonight....what is making me do this!!!

Jiffy makes these snack size cups..I eat them everyday. They are small and a great source of protein!

Sounds like your body needs Protein. PB is loaded with calories, try some other sources of Protein and see if the craving goes away. Otherwise, maybe you just needed some PB.

I became addicted to pnut butter. I have dreams about it...for real! About two weeks ago I threw my jar away and went cold turkey. I never ate pnut butter that much before so I don't really know what the connection to PNB and LB is??? However, I needed to take a break because I was craving it too much and I never want to be obsessed over any/all foods again.

Rebecca

I had my own personal issues with Peanut Butter as well. It was'nt until I moved over to honey nut Peter Pan crunchy that I had to force myself to stop. So you are not alone. I don't know if its the salt or the suger or what. I have stopped buying it completely.

I do occationally buy salted peanuts in the shell. They give me a salty snack but I it takes me longer to eat them because of the shell. I also only eat them standing up over the garbage so I don't get to comfortable.

Yes, I know peanuts are bad fat, calories, salt. \

You can buy PB2 online which is defatted peanuts that are ground into a powder. Regular and chocolate. Occationally I add it to chocolat Protein shakes on post fill days.

I love Peanut Butter and in moderation it isn't bad for you at all. Fatty? Yes, but they are GOOD fats. Either way one option for you may be peanut flour (you sweeten it on your own) or look for PB2 Peanut butter. Both are tasty and less fattening.

I became obsessed with Peanut Butter right BEFORE my band. At my work in the kitchen we always had a drawer full of the snack size cups and I would eat two just with a spoon, and I would melt one and mix it in with some warm chocolate pudding. Oh my lord what heaven lol.

I'm obsessed with Peanut Butter. I love ANYTHING with peanut butter. I was having difficulty controlling myself with it, so I've stopped buying it pretty much. However, I do always keep a couple jars of PB2 in the pantry. Its really great for all kinds of things: mixing into shakes/puddings, making peanut sauce for salads or anything really, low cal peanut butter icing, peanut butter sauce for ice cream, peanut butter greek yogurt...Its amazing stuff. And two tablespoons only has 45 calories (as opposed to 180-190 calories in 2 tablespoons of regular PB). Anyways, peanut butter is really good in moderation. At whole foods you can grind your own PB (thus you can take as much or as little as you want, and since youre literally grinding it straight from peanuts, there isn't any sugar or salt or any other additives/chemicals). But look into PB2 - it definitely helps me with my PB craving.

Yes! I have been craving it like crazy! I haven't eaten it yet bc I had heard it wouldn't go down well? Now this may have been strictly for the first two weeks of my post op diet and I didn't listen well enough. I'm six weeks out and would LOVE to have a spoonful of creamy peanut butter!

My PB craving has really kicked in the last couple of weeks..... it might be a protien/carb thing. I try to limit myself on how much and how often!

DaVinci makes a sugar free Peanut Butter Syrup. I use it in my coffee along with the sugar free chocolate.. tastes like drinking a reeses cup.

thanks for all the replies...I'm glad to see that I'm not alone....I use the it in my Protein Shakes in the mornings too, and I've used the PB2 and loved it, but had to order it online...so when I use the last bit left in this jar, I'm not buying anymore for a while, gotta get over this! I do think I'm going to look for the Davinci syrups, I have heard alot of good things about them too..thanks again for your replies

try smuckers natural peanut butter... just peanuts and a little salt- no sugar. if you need it sweet add a little honey and mix.... soooo good

I used to eat PB by the spoonfuls as well, then I switched over to the all natural no salt added kind. I still like it occationally on toast but it is just not the same eating it by the spoonful with out all that sugar and salt. Maybe you just need to switch to all natural?