Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

down and out.........

U guys I was sp excited abt having my lapband surgery. Just the thought of losing weight and putting on stylish clothes and feeling good abt myself again was like a dream to come true. But now i feel like im getting no where, it's been 17 months and i've only lost 47lbs im getting so discouraged, my start on the journey was good, then it just got slow and and now its darn right hard to get the scale to even move,i was in a size 20 now im in a 14 but i have been in this 14 seems like forever and a year!!!!!!! my goal is to get the scale down to 165. I just dont feel that its going to happen for me, i read and see of of u guys stories and results im like wow, i know their happy and feel good again!! I want to feel good abt myse;f again so badly and to be able top look in the mirror and be happy abt what i see looking back instead of this fat person i know i still im. now with new yr i said i got to do this i want to make it at my goal by or b4 my birthday in august. i know i have to kick it up on the walking and working out. but are there any other helpfully suggestions u guys can give me. i have a 10cc band i think im at 8.5 or 9cc, i still pretty much can eat what i want, i feel more restriction now than i have the whole 17 months i been banded. Sometimes i have a problem with getting some foods to stay down, sometimes it will come back up, but i feel i could be/should be tighter. I have to be honest ova the holidays i did now try to lose weight, now im back on track and ready to get this weight off once and for all. what do anyone suggest as far as what foods to eat and would u get another fill?? i need some help u guys, i dont want to have been went through surgery and took the pain from it for nothing. i have just got to beat this weight battle, it has taken to much from me i want to live and be happy with me again and i cant do this until i get the rest of this weight off me.

I just started my journey... .so I haven't be at this long...... but just thought I'd try.............

Maybe you should step up your exercise routine. Add an extra day ... or add some extra time to what you're doing now.

I'm sure once you start re-focusing ... you'll get right back on track. smile.gif

I just started my journey... .so I haven't be at this long...... but just thought I'd try.............

Maybe you should step up your exercise routine. Add an extra day ... or add some extra time to what you're doing now.

I'm sure once you start re-focusing ... you'll get right back on track. smile.gif

Thank u for yur support, I honestly neva thought abt adding a day to exercising but i will try that, i usually just do mon-fri but i think i can add sat to the plan.

As sucky as it is you may want to try low-carbing it for a couple weeks to shock your body back into the mind set of losing weight....I HATE cutting carbs down anywhere lower than 50/day...but whenever I do it jumpstarts a weight loss. Weight loss is so personal this may not work for you, but hopefully it will!!

XOXO

Lauren

First of all congrats on losing the 47 lbs. I do understand your depression tho because of it being 17 months, I would think you would have lost more. What does your dr. say about your weight loss, surely he doesn't think you are on track. I would talk it over with him or your nurse and see what they say. It may be something simple that you haven't even thought about. Good Luck and keep us informed.

U guys I was sp excited abt having my lapband surgery. Just the thought of losing weight and putting on stylish clothes and feeling good abt myself again was like a dream to come true. But now i feel like im getting no where, it's been 17 months and i've only lost 47lbs im getting so discouraged, my start on the journey was good, then it just got slow and and now its darn right hard to get the scale to even move,i was in a size 20 now im in a 14 but i have been in this 14 seems like forever and a year!!!!!!! my goal is to get the scale down to 165. I just dont feel that its going to happen for me, i read and see of of u guys stories and results im like wow, i know their happy and feel good again!! I want to feel good abt myse;f again so badly and to be able top look in the mirror and be happy abt what i see looking back instead of this fat person i know i still im. now with new yr i said i got to do this i want to make it at my goal by or b4 my birthday in august. i know i have to kick it up on the walking and working out. but are there any other helpfully suggestions u guys can give me. i have a 10cc band i think im at 8.5 or 9cc, i still pretty much can eat what i want, i feel more restriction now than i have the whole 17 months i been banded. Sometimes i have a problem with getting some foods to stay down, sometimes it will come back up, but i feel i could be/should be tighter. I have to be honest ova the holidays i did now try to lose weight, now im back on track and ready to get this weight off once and for all. what do anyone suggest as far as what foods to eat and would u get another fill?? i need some help u guys, i dont want to have been went through surgery and took the pain from it for nothing. i have just got to beat this weight battle, it has taken to much from me i want to live and be happy with me again and i cant do this until i get the rest of this weight off me.

Some suggestions:

1) are you journaling your food intake? if not, give it a try. Pen & paper or online, doesn't matter. I prefer online cause the sites have the calorie/protein/fat/sugar info already.. don't have to look it up. I use www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate (and it has smartphone apps too), but there are lots of others out there and many are free for the basic version. I used thedailyplate for almost 2 years before I paid for it.

1a) I also print out about a weeks worth of my food journal when I go in to see my doctor. This helps us both see how I'm doing and whether I need a fill or just to make better choices.

2) I don't depend on the band to work as "restriction". I can always eat more. I measure out my 3oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies and eat that and stop.

3) try not to eat the white carbs or high glycemic foods. These are things like white bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice & corn. At the very least cut down on them. Eating these type of things spike your blood sugar and make you hungrier sooner. I do eat a little bit of bread, but not often and when I do it's whole grain.. like Ezekiel bread. Veggie carbs are usually fine except for corn & potatoes.

4) Are you drinking with your meals? If you are, try really hard to stop. Wait at least 30 minutes after you eat to start drinking again. Keep your fluids very low calorie.. 10cal/ 16 oz or less. Water is even better, but I know we get tired of it sometimes. :)

5) if you're not doing weight training, consider doing so. Weight training is not to body build, but to sculpt and to build muscles. Done right, you won't get muscle bound, but will get definition. And muscle burns more calories even when you're just sitting around.

6) I wouldn't get another fill right now. If you're already pbing on some foods, you might be too tight. It seems counter-intuitive but we can actually stall our weight loss by being too tight as we tend to eat softer higher calorie foods then. But talk to your doctor about this. And see suggestion 1a.

7) When my weight loss slowed way down, I started taking monthly measurements. I'm still losing, but it's so slow compared to the beginning of my journey that I needed something to encourage me. Seeing the inches come off helps.

8) Make an appt to go in and talk with the nutritionist or dietician who works with your doctor. See if they have any suggestions for you.

Hang in there. (I started at a 5 to 6X.. now at 18 or XL or 1X.. I'd be thrilled to be a 14. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it?? ::smile::)

Lots of good advice so far. As far as a fill, I think you may need one since you are having a lot of hunger. Are there certain foods you can't keep down? You may need to just cut them out of your diet. Are you eating too fast- large bites, not enough chewing? I would deffinatly go see your doc. and discuss it. Bringing a weeks worth of a food journal would be great. You sound very motivated to get back on track- you can do it!

Some suggestions:

1) are you journaling your food intake? if not, give it a try. Pen & paper or online, doesn't matter. I prefer online cause the sites have the calorie/protein/fat/sugar info already.. don't have to look it up. I use www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate (and it has smartphone apps too), but there are lots of others out there and many are free for the basic version. I used thedailyplate for almost 2 years before I paid for it.

1a) I also print out about a weeks worth of my food journal when I go in to see my doctor. This helps us both see how I'm doing and whether I need a fill or just to make better choices.

2) I don't depend on the band to work as "restriction". I can always eat more. I measure out my 3oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies and eat that and stop.

3) try not to eat the white carbs or high glycemic foods. These are things like white bread, Pasta, potatoes, rice & corn. At the very least cut down on them. Eating these type of things spike your blood sugar and make you hungrier sooner. I do eat a little bit of bread, but not often and when I do it's whole grain.. like Ezekiel bread. Veggie carbs are usually fine except for corn & potatoes.

4) Are you drinking with your meals? If you are, try really hard to stop. Wait at least 30 minutes after you eat to start drinking again. Keep your fluids very low calorie.. 10cal/ 16 oz or less. Water is even better, but I know we get tired of it sometimes. :)

5) if you're not doing weight training, consider doing so. Weight training is not to body build, but to sculpt and to build muscles. Done right, you won't get muscle bound, but will get definition. And muscle burns more calories even when you're just sitting around.

6) I wouldn't get another fill right now. If you're already pbing on some foods, you might be too tight. It seems counter-intuitive but we can actually stall our weight loss by being too tight as we tend to eat softer higher calorie foods then. But talk to your doctor about this. And see suggestion 1a.

7) When my weight loss slowed way down, I started taking monthly measurements. I'm still losing, but it's so slow compared to the beginning of my journey that I needed something to encourage me. Seeing the inches come off helps.

8) Make an appt to go in and talk with the nutritionist or dietician who works with your doctor. See if they have any suggestions for you.

Hang in there. (I started at a 5 to 6X.. now at 18 or XL or 1X.. I'd be thrilled to be a 14. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it?? ::smile::)

This is a great checklist. I've just printed it and put it in front of my desk at work for daily reference! Congrats to you and thanks for the positive feedback!

As sucky as it is you may want to try low-carbing it for a couple weeks to shock your body back into the mind set of losing weight....I HATE cutting carbs down anywhere lower than 50/day...but whenever I do it jumpstarts a weight loss. Weight loss is so personal this may not work for you, but hopefully it will!!

XOXO

Lauren

Yes i was looking at my carb intake and wasnt eatting a lot of carbs but now, im abt to truly give all i have, i will take yur advice the best i can, cut my carb intake all the way down. even though i thought i was doing so, the things i was eatting with the most carbs was yogurt and its the low fat yogurt that my nurse told me that would be ok, but i just gotta get to the bottom of this. Thank u for u advice.

XOXO

Lauren

Thank u for the advice, will give it a try. i thought i was doing ok with my carbs but im abt to seriously be on it, i have got to get the lbs down. The only thing that im intaking now is yogurt that have carbs like that but my nurse told me a while ago that ,that was fine. she's telling me things like Protein shakes but i cant find one that i like besides carnations instant bkfast, but then its watch the sugars in it im like unsure.gifok . but like i said at this point im ready to give it a try. thanks again for the advice will try.

First of all congrats on losing the 47 lbs. I do understand your depression tho because of it being 17 months, I would think you would have lost more. What does your dr. say about your weight loss, surely he doesn't think you are on track. I would talk it over with him or your nurse and see what they say. It may be something simple that you haven't even thought about. Good Luck and keep us informed.

Thank u, im happy abt the weight i have lost just want more, at this point. I havent seen my dr since Sept. because i didnt think i needed a fill, but i will give them a call on monday to talk sum things ova, my dr is a 1 1/2 hrs away so i have to make sure of things b4 i go there. Isure will keep u guys informed on my progess.

Some suggestions:

WOW!! im going to take everything in consideration abt the advice u gave as well. I was doing the online food tracker w/livestrong but somethings wasnt on there and so on so far but hey im abt to stop making excuses and just use it so my drs can see where im going wrong if i am and help me stay on track. u gave plenty of good advice that i will be using. I just love this site u guys can be so helpful, its nice to know i have a place to turn to for help when needed!!!!!!! Now dont get me wrong im excited abt the being in a 14, the only thing is i have been this way for a while now and want to go down more, being ova a yr i think i should be in a smaller size, but i will take the blame for this i will do betta!!!!!!!

Lots of good advice so far. As far as a fill, I think you may need one since you are having a lot of hunger. Are there certain foods you can't keep down? You may need to just cut them out of your diet. Are you eating too fast- large bites, not enough chewing? I would deffinatly go see your doc. and discuss it. Bringing a weeks worth of a food journal would be great. You sound very motivated to get back on track- you can do it!

i agree great advice so far, yeah maybe eatting to fast. was telling myself time to really think abt it and eat as slow as i can. last nite that was my plan with dinner worked fine. I had a salad and a piece of fish. i only was able to eat haf of it all, felt great.

Thanks u guys u are giving me hope, yur giving great advice, i went to sleep down and out woke and was reading yur replys and feel like i can conquer the world, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post i really needed the help, but pls stay posting add me to yur friends list chk on me whatever cause i know im still going to need help, and i would like to let u know my progess as well as yurs, my goal is to be at my goal as at least as close to that as i can be by the end of aug