Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious about others goals...

I know that we are all different when it comes to shapes, sizes, bone structure etc.

BUT

I was wondering what your starting weight was and what you had in mind for a goal weight.

I'm 5'3, 247lbs (was 267lbs, had to lose to qualify for surgery) and my goal is to get down to 127lbs.

I've seen, randomly here some other goal weights. Just curious! ;)

I'm 5'6", started at 240. I initially thought a goal of 150 would be good, but as I approach that I think I might have to adjust downward. Maybe 130? We'll see how it goes ;)

I am 5'4" and started at 255. my doctors goal for me is 155 but my goal is 135.....so we'll see. when I was in HS I weighed 155 and wore a size 10/12....at 198 right now I am in a 14. so we'll see how I feel and look at 155. all my friends and family say I wouldn't look good @ 135.....

hey... well I started out at 293... I have lost 33 pounds... My first goal is 50 but I want to lose a total of 130 pounds...

catherine

I'm 5' 4" (ok, I'm really 5' 3.75", but like to round up!). My goal is 130lbs. My doctor was fine with that. I'm sure when I get closer to that weight I'll make a more educated decision about it. I chose that weight from the BMI chart.

My goal is 145. I'm almost 5'3. I chose this based upon my body composition. At my last body comp assesment about 4 weeks ago I had 141 pounds of lean mass (muscles, bones etc anything that isn't fat). Because you do lose lean mass as you lose weight, my practitioner estimates that when I'm at my goal of 22% body fat, I will have 130-133 pounds of lean mass. I felt that 145 was a reasonable goal (which would be between 12-15 pounds of fat mass) and would put me at a REALLY healthy range, body fat percentage-wise. If I can continue losing past that (without destroying muscle) I will, but I want to hang on to as much lean mass as possible. When I get to 145 ill reassess.

Goal! Goals, Goals!

My goal is to feel better!

I couldn't possibly give you a number that would equate to feeling healthy!:(

Here's my 2 cents. If you reach a "normal" BMI, every pound after that is gravy!

I am a 6’ tall male in my early forties. I was 285 lbs at surgery. Initially I set goals based on where I had been before. My first goal was to get to my best dieting weight (about 215), then I set my goal to get under 200, then to get to a normal BMI (about 184), then ultimately to get to the weight I was at when I left navy Boot Camp in 1984 (about 180). After reaching and beating all those weight goals, I decided to focus more on Body Fat percentage. I am now hovering at about 13% body fat which is considered “Athletic” on the scale. Now my goals are fitness oriented. I have entered several running and triathlon events – my goal is to consistently finish in the first half of my age group for every event I enter.

wow, Kartman... good for you - good for all of you.

It is interesting because I was just banded and I am really hoping to get to my goal weight but as I see here you actually beat the goal weight and end up much slimmer than you planned if you apply yourself. That is an inspiration.

I am 5'10" female

surgery date weight - 265bs

current weight - 230lbs

goal weight - 150lbs

I did not choose my goal weight - my doctors office did. They calculated my height to my weight and came up with a perfect BMI for me. I had to loose 110lbs to get there.

The amazing thing is that when I was 20 I was at my slimmest and I weighed 160lbs - I was skin and bones so going to 150lbs is a wonderful thought. I could start modeling or something.

Anyways - it's all great.

I'm 5'4" and my Dr set my goal weight at 154lbs.

I got to that goal in 7 months, then stopped trying to lose and lost another 20lbs anyway over the next 12 months.

I am now steady at 123-125lbs and that's pretty much where my body wants to be, I reckon.

Edited by lellow

I'm 5"4' my starting weight was 315 my goal is 140. When I get to 140 I will reassess.

5'3" female. my goal is 140 and a Tummy Tuck that would bring me to about 130-135.