Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fake it till you make it!?!

No loss. Seriously? I'm not losing anything. I go in two days for my first fill. I dont know what im doing wrong, plus i still feel like total crap. I keep pretending that I feel good and things are great, fake it till you make it right? well I havent made it yet...ugh. And its not great!

Help me please!

Im not sure what you mean by crap food. I think the worst thing I have eaten in the last two months was five dorritos.

Here is what ive eaten the last two days and it pretty much stays the same and cycles through the week since im still on mushies.

Sunday

1 serving No sugar added carnation instant Breakfast with 1 cp nonfat milk and a packet of beneprotien

1 cup of turkey chili made with kidney and pinto Beans and tomatoes and seasoning low sodium

1/2 cup sugar free pudding with one packet of beneprotien

1 oz sharp cheddar cheese

1/4 cup green Beans

4 oz turkey cutlet with nonfat gravy(3 tbls)

Monday

1 serving No sugar added carnation instant Breakfast with 1 cp nonfat milk and a packet of beneprotien

1/2 cup pears no sugar

1/2 cup cottage cheese

...thats it so far

Im not getting all my Water in but pretty close. I dont drink anything else except one day i did have a coffee but no sugar or cream

I dont think im eating badly

I walk four days a week

and do my eliptical machine 3 days a week

thats about it.

Are you back on solid foods yet? The reason I ask is that I lost practically nothing (2 lbs ) during my post op period.. but once I got back on solid foods, I lost 20lbs in 9 days. After that it slowed down a bit, but has been a consistent drop (with tiny upward deviations.. but never for very long).

Are you weighing/measuring your food? Are you keeping a food journal, either on paper or online? Eliminated (or at least cut way back) on the "white" or high glycemic carbs?

Tell us more about what you are doing and we can give you more concrete suggestions to try.

And yes, sometimes it's just a "one foot in front of the other" until you get there. Be strong.. this will work for you if you work the band. (there are a few, very few medical/physical situations that make using the band a bit harder.. but it can still work for those folks too..most of the time.)

Im not sure what you mean by crap food. I think the worst thing I have eaten in the last two months was five dorritos.

Here is what ive eaten the last two days and it pretty much stays the same and cycles through the week since im still on mushies.

Sunday

1 serving No sugar added carnation instant breakfast with 1 cp nonfat milk and a packet of beneprotien

1 cup of turkey chili made with kidney and pinto Beans and tomatoes and seasoning low sodium

1/2 cup sugar free pudding with one packet of beneprotien

1 oz sharp cheddar cheese

1/4 cup green Beans

4 oz turkey cutlet with nonfat gravy(3 tbls)

Monday

1 serving No sugar added carnation instant breakfast with 1 cp nonfat milk and a packet of beneprotien

1/2 cup pears no sugar

1/2 cup cottage cheese

...thats it so far

Im not getting all my Water in but pretty close. I dont drink anything else except one day i did have a coffee but no sugar or cream

I dont think im eating badly

I walk four days a week

and do my eliptical machine 3 days a week

thats about it.

I'm sorry I miss read...that's why i deleted the reply....I think that if your eating well and exercising then your doing what you need to do in order to lose the weight...it takes my body alot to let go of the weight maybe it's the same with yours.

I'm newly banded (about 3 weeks) and I had been losing steadily until last week. I had bronchitis and was eating very little because I was so sick. I think I wasn't getting enough food. Maybe you're not eating enough?

Are you excersising? That has been key in my weightloss. There are just too many benefits to pass it up. I also agree with limiting carbs, fat too. Good luck!

I didn't lose anything the first 6 weeks post op - you need to focus on letting your body heal and adjust to the band, not losing a lot of weight. I am thankful that my doctor stressed that to the max with me - as it gave me a good start on my journey. I think I even gained a lb or two post op before my first fill....then I got the first fill and felt NO change....after the second I have been at great restriction for over a yr, but am going to try and get back in for a small fill next month as I am finding I am starting to get hungry between meals, even with good food choices.

Hang in there - it doesn't happen overnight - you are in it for the long haul....at almost 9 mos out I had only lost 60 lbs...but I wasn't unhappy with that....and then now I am at 100 and feel that my slow track has done fine for me. I haven't suffered or been miserable.

Keep your chin up!

Kim

I agree with Kim! Give your body time to heal! It's p!ssed off right now because you changed the rules...and by golly it wants its junk food back!

Keep eating right and exercising, and you will see results. And, after a few fills, you won't feel like you're starving between meals. It DOES get better!

Yes, you really are in a fake it 'til you make it phase---it's frustrating, but it is short-lived.

You're still recovering from surgery. Your body has been through a lot, and is still reeling.

Make sure you're doing the things that support weight loss: eating properly, exercising. It will fall into place.

As you approach and achieve restriction, it's a zillion times easier to approach things positively. For now, if you can accept that this is just part of the process, and that you're closer to where you want to be, you'll be in good shape.