Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just set up our Kinect! Time to get movin'!

Well, got the Kinect for the Xbox 360 today. :blush: Looks like its going to be a lot of fun, and a GREAT way to get up and moving. The game that came with it, has you up and jumping, and all over the place. Lots of fun so far.

Have a Biggest Loser Ultimate workout arriving tomorrow, and the Zumba game will be delivered when it comes out. That one I'm REALLY looking forward to! :frown:

Payday is next week and I think I'm going to surprise my son with the Kinect for his Xbox.

I bought a Wii last year and have been hugely disappointed in it since it doesn't care whether you're moving correctly. Plus I keep falling off that blasted little board you have to stand on.

Do I assume right that the Kinect doesn't require you to stand on a little board?

I soooo want the "You can Dance" and "Zumba" with the Kinect.

Keep us updated on how you like it (or what you don't like about it)!

How exciting!!! Im thinking of getting my husband (*insert fake cough here*) this game counsel for xmas :frown:. That zumba game sounds fun... maybe I should get me, i mean HIM that game for xmas as well :blush:.

We got one too!! It's so so so much fun!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! We haven't bought any games for it yet. We've only played the game that came with it.

So far, playing with it has been lots of fun. The adventures game is pretty good and has you up and moving a lot. Biggest Looser is supposed to be arriving today, but am VERY excited for the Zumba one. I'm too self conscious to go to classes, but the game seems like a fun way to get into it. :frown:

Elfie - Nope, no little boards to balance on. Its a camera that recognizes and tracks your movement, and seems to do it very well. I'm interested to see what the other games can do. With the Biggest Looser one, it recognizes you when you get in front of the camera and customizes your workout. I can wait to try it! Come on UPS!! :blush:

Maria - that was a VERY fake cough.. :blush: There seem to be a few console / packages that come with the Kinect, but it you are interested in getting it, may want to get it sooner rather then later with Christmas (wince) coming up fast.

Tn girl - did you turn the pictures off for the games? After the first few funny ones, I didn't want to see myself anymore. :frown:/

I will have to buy the Zumba game! And I love looking at the goofy pictures it takes!

It was cute for the first little bit, but then I didn't want to see them anymore. :frown:

Okay, I'm sold! I will buy one after Christmas! YAY! My kids are going to go CRAZY because this will be for ME!! They have their own stuff and they don't SHARE! (They are 20 and 22 so ...). Anyway I am excited and will start doing my research immediately. I want all the "bells and whistles"! It will be nice to have a "toy" of my own.

Hehe.. Go Phran!!

UPS just got here with Biggest Looser. I will give that a go once I've had time to digest lunch, and will let you all know what its like. :frown:

Well, just watching my husband doing the 30 minute fitness test on the Biggest Looser game, and he is panting. Bob keeps asking how he is doing, as there is voice command, and if you are having a problem, you can just say so. There is a little camera / topographical version of him on the screen, and if he doesn't do the exercise right, he gets told! Pretty cool really.