Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sorry haven't been on way toooo depressed

i did everything right and still stuck. i started to slip a little also and still no losing weight. I am so depressed. i have no restrictions at all. i have to wait until nov 6 for another fill. i am just so disappointed seems like taking forever to get a resriction. i have decided i am going back to just shakes and one meal a day maybe my body will wake the hell up.

I sympathise. I also have zero restriction and can eat whatever I like. My first fill is on the 8th November and I can't wait. I am too scared to get on the scales incase I have put on weight. Its just too easy to eat - not what I expected :thumbup:

yeah same here i have been good ordering a salad or a a small meal but its so hard when u want to keep eating and that hunger doesn't go away. i am even using my treadmil and still no weight loss

Feel too knackered to exercise. Struggling to even take dog for a walk some days. I am not sure whether I am disappointed with myself or my band. I guess I was expecting a bit too much. Is your port site still sore?

Ok you all have to give it time, it is a slow process, but will happen really soon. Do not be discouraged hang in there follow the rules, work out, drink your Water. I have lost 80 lbs and still losing slowly. You can make it. Even if you can eat more you have to stop yourself at what the Dr told you. Do not try to see how much you really can eat, just eat your portion size and then stop. Pretty easy!

Cheri

my port isnt sore. i tried a fast walk and did good. i could do 10 min that way if i just walk then i can do a half a hour. i too in the same boat i think i built it up think yeah i am going to lose the weight so fast and look great by christmas and im not. i feel dissappointed in myself casue my staminia is still isnt up to where i would like it cause the depression is holding me back

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I hope it ends soon.

You could put your emotions into exercising though? You know you can lose weight without the band :-) You don't have to wait for a fill to get out there and give healthy eating and exercise a go.

my port isnt sore. i tried a fast walk and did good. i could do 10 min that way if i just walk then i can do a half a hour. i too in the same boat i think i built it up think yeah i am going to lose the weight so fast and look great by christmas and im not. i feel dissappointed in myself casue my staminia is still isnt up to where i would like it cause the depression is holding me back

I think when your food is restricted you're always going to feel a little bit depressed. Whether we realise it or not, we can all be emotional eaters to a certain extent and not even realise it. - At my psyche test I was passed as a non-emotional eater...But I am to a certain extent.

After my first 2 weeks I was so horribly depressed and my band wasn't working. It's still not working. I have to do an hour of exercise a day and eat under 1000 calories, but you know what? The weight is coming off, even if it's slowly. Slowly is better anyways because it's easier to maintain.

I think my band has slipped too because I never feel satisfied from eating. I could eat a family sized pizza (but I haven't, this is just an example) and still be hungry.

After my first fill it was too tight and all I could eat was fruit and vegtables. I've put all of my anger, stress, frustration and unhappiness into walking everyday.

I know this is going to sound cliche, but you're not alone and it will get better...It always does. Don't forget that you have a whole forum of people here who are willing to support you and cheer for you.

If you need someone to talk to, PM me. I don't know how you feel, but I've been in a similar situation. If you don't feel comfortable with that I'd suggest seeing a psychologist.

Feel better soon <3

I was banded 9/30. I lost 15 but when I started my solid food I gained 2 back. Rawr!! I have been the same weight now for 5 days. I'm just happy I'm not gaining weight. I nibble on what I feel hungry for and try to get my Protein that I need. My fill is not until 11/3. I can't wait. Some times I do get upset when I step on the scale or measure myself, but I knew that the lap band was going to be a slower process than the bypass and the sleeve. I think we might forget this at times. I know I do. I try to stay positive even though I beat myself up wondering how I could ever let myself get this way. But I held on to my skinny clothes.... When I need a pick me up I go look at my wonderful clothes that I can't wait to get into. Then I reach for my Protein Bar and tell myself I can do it :thumbup:

In your shoes, I would reconsider moving to shakes---do you really want to treat yourself punitively when you're already having difficulty?

Can I put a different spin on what everyone is saying? I can appreciate and even sympathize with the level of frustration you are all going through. I have been there myself but there comes a time when you have to turn your thinking around to be more positive. EVERYONE that has made a comment on this thread has lost weight which means that EVERYONE has made some really good decisions, food choices, and lifestyle changes. Don't look at where you are going to (i.e. your goal weight or size) but where you have been!!! Take pride in every single pound, good choice, and know that this is a process. It takes time to get to good restriction and even when you get there, as you lose weight, you will need to go in for occasional adjustments. I have to take one meal at a time and can't look at the bigger picture because I get WAY too overwhelmed. Am I making perfect choices? No...I'm a human with a food addiction and I have to live on life's terms.

Bottom line is to make the better choices....if you are hungry (I mean really hungry and not just bored, depressed, happy/sad or whatever emotion you are having at the time) then try a healthy choice snack or sip on ice Water or whatever...

You will all be fine and successful if you believe you can be!

Best of luck,

Katie

Can I put a different spin on what everyone is saying? I can appreciate and even sympathize with the level of frustration you are all going through. I have been there myself but there comes a time when you have to turn your thinking around to be more positive. EVERYONE that has made a comment on this thread has lost weight which means that EVERYONE has made some really good decisions, food choices, and lifestyle changes. Don't look at where you are going to (i.e. your goal weight or size) but where you have been!!! Take pride in every single pound, good choice, and know that this is a process. It takes time to get to good restriction and even when you get there, as you lose weight, you will need to go in for occasional adjustments. I have to take one meal at a time and can't look at the bigger picture because I get WAY too overwhelmed. Am I making perfect choices? No...I'm a human with a food addiction and I have to live on life's terms.

Bottom line is to make the better choices....if you are hungry (I mean really hungry and not just bored, depressed, happy/sad or whatever emotion you are having at the time) then try a healthy choice snack or sip on ice Water or whatever...

You will all be fine and successful if you believe you can be!

Best of luck,

Katie

Very positively stated!!!! I look at where i was prior to surgey, an look at where i am today and i am happy! Do i excercise like i should no! but i do a little, but i focus on how i feel overall, and make healthy food choices everyday! I use sparkpeople to track my food/nutrition intake, and i love it. It is more then just a food journal it is a program (free) that encourages a healthy way of living!

Even my Dr said that the adverage Lapband patient of his loses about 10lbs a month, however me on the otherhand i am losing around 7 or 8lbs a month. My Dr. is still happy with my weightloss thus far and encourages me to keep up whatever i am doing because it's working for me!

Please guys try to stop beating yourselves up and be happy with the fact that with every .5 or 1lbs that you lose you are that much healthier.

:thumbup:

~Dena~