Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd fill - very disappointing

Sometimes I think people forget to look at their own signature. It looks like you lost almost 40 pounds so far!! I don't know from when you are counting, but that seems like quite an accomplishment to me!

I've also found it very helpful to not try to see how much I can eat, but to rather see how little I can eat. If I get hungry 30 minutes later, or 1 hr later... I Eat!! You can always eat a little bit more, but it's unhealthy to be vomiting to purge when you've eaten too much!

I know it can seem very slow at times, but just remember where you came from, and how you used to look compared to now! You've come a long way!!:w00t:

Your post really hits home...I totally am NOT doing that! I seem to be trying to *test* my band to see how MUCH I can eat...wrong approach to be sure! I will start incorporating that approach ASAP. I seem to be going through an all too-familiar phase right now...sick of dieting, ready to throw in the towel. Making bad choices. I was hoping I would have more restriction when I reached this inevitable phase. I just have to buckle down and try and figure out why I am self sabotaging...am I afraid to be fabulous? Maybe that's another thread, haha...stay tuned!

Thank you so much for all your replies...they really do help. As I've said before, LBT is my support as I am a closet bandster.

I am feeling better this morning and Leigh, I hope you are right about the delayed reaction of a fill...I've read many posts about that. Even if it takes the next 1, 2, 3 or beyond fills, I have to remember how far I've come. Thanks for reminding me of that. I have one of those closets where I have complete wardrobes in different sizes. Most of my closet is size 16 and I can comfortably fit into all of them...some are too big now and I can pull most of my pants off without unzipping/unbuttoning by the end of the day :w00t: My husband keeps asking, "is that new?" I just tell him not to freak out and that he will be seeing a lot of clothes he has not seen in a while!

Had my 3rd fill last Monday...only .5 cc's...I can already tell that it is not making any difference. I can eat anything still. My practice hired a new gal to do fills/follow-ups. She wasn't very good...bent the needle on the 1st try and had to go in again (left me thinking - what did she bend the needle on? Did she poke a hole in my tubing?). One thing she did do was pull out all the Fluid in my band to count it...much to my surprise I have 6cc's. Fill-wise, I have only received 3.5...there was obviously more in at surgery from the prime than I thought. I'm just feeling discouraged. I really thought 3rd fill was going to be a game-changer for me. Guess not...4th fill scheduled for Nov 15...guess it's still all me until then! I'm beginning to think I'm never going to lose this weight!!! Sorry - just a little venting to my lbt friends who I know can relate and hopefully help me feel better!

:thumbup: So sorry it was a frustrating visit but when I saw how MUCH you've already lost I felt encouraged for you. You seem to have inner strength despite not reaching that sweet spot yet. Keep on doing what you did to lose that much - you are fantastic to have done that much so far. We are all cheering you on to Nov 15! :w00t:

:unsure: So sorry it was a frustrating visit but when I saw how MUCH you've already lost I felt encouraged for you. You seem to have inner strength despite not reaching that sweet spot yet. Keep on doing what you did to lose that much - you are fantastic to have done that much so far. We are all cheering you on to Nov 15! :thumbup:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Good luck to you, too! I see you are beginning your journey...hold on tight, it's a wild ride but hopefully we will all reach the same destination! :w00t:

i had my surgery on july 19 of this year.have had 2 fills and still no restriction.go for my 3rd fill on oct 26th,hopefully that one will help.i had lost 32 lbs and then i gained 3lbs.so discouraged.:w00t:

anyone here from ashland,ky:smile2:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Good luck to you, too! I see you are beginning your journey...hold on tight, it's a wild ride but hopefully we will all reach the same destination! :thumbup:

Gosh thanks so much! I forget it's only 5 weeks post op but I have a nagging feeling that I should have lost a lot more by now... guilt about the 4 milkshakes I had!!! :w00t:

You're spot on about a wild ride.... I think that's kind of how it is and if that's the kind of journey that most people experience I feel relieved!!! I'm not a perfectionist and always seem to rebel against rules - You'd think I'd know better at my age:bored: So many posts indicate disciplined, fitness dedicated and nutritionally responsible people. I really admire that so much but I'm afraid that my character still needs some working on! Having said all that, I will keep on with this journey and just push through the hikes, spikes and mountains, hills, valleys, swamps etc etc. It's good to have a group like this so thanks to you all for being there. Des:thumbup:

Maybe you'll have good restriction for Thanksgiving! It took me about 4 fills to really get good restriction. I will be going back in on Monday and I don't think I will get a fill. This will be two months in a row without a fill, but I am finally losing at 1-2 lbs a weeks. Hang in there, it'll happen!

Hi there

I noticed something important from you letter "I am finally losing at 1-2lbs a week". I am 5 weeks post op and wondering "When does the weight start to drop off????" I was doing so well for the first 4 weeks but now things have ground to a halt. Did you find that your body suddenly starting ditching the fat cells? How long did it take for that to happen? Sorry about all the questions but would love to hear about those first few months. Thanks so much. Des

Hi there

I noticed something important from you letter "I am finally losing at 1-2lbs a week". I am 5 weeks post op and wondering "When does the weight start to drop off????" I was doing so well for the first 4 weeks but now things have ground to a halt. Did you find that your body suddenly starting ditching the fat cells? How long did it take for that to happen? Sorry about all the questions but would love to hear about those first few months. Thanks so much. Des

It sounds like you've reached a plateaux period. I'm in the same boat at the moment. It's driving me nutts but apparently it's the most important time to exercise because you're not losing Water weight. :w00t:

My surgery was 8/31/10 and my first fill was 10/15/10. I had gained 12 pounds when I went to that appt.! The fill gave me no satisfaction. I can eat like a horse still. This is very discouraging! I had no idea that I would be so hungry after this surgery! I thought I would have at least some restriction. I can't seem to get back on track with dieting either. Today is another day and I will try. I am gaining back the 60 pounds I lost and certainly don't want it back!!! Let's try to be strong until our fills start working. :blushing:

Hunny Bunny, along with all the others let me assure you that "nice and easy"! This is just a test of our patience and committment to this journey. If it was a race we'd all be skinny faster that we knew it.:wub: That's why this is a Journey and they usually take you through "peaks and valleys" and many of us responding (including myself) are in the Valley right now.

I was banded July 14th and had my 3rd fill on Tuesday last week and forgot that I was to be on shakes for a couple of days and ate an hour and a half later:scared2: and guess what???ZOP NADA...no restriction or tightness at all...it went down easy breezy. I was so scared when later that evening I realized that I had eaten. Crazy Right???:smile2:

Anyway sweety I have 9cc's in a 14cc band and nothing. Keep in mind inches are falling off not so much weight and I feel so so good compared to being in pain walking and not sleeping comfortably.:blushing:

So measure your success by other things rather than just the lbs which I think we all get really caught up on. Think too 30- 40lbs every three months will be over a hundred in just one year.:eek:

You go girl and everyone else we are Phenominal men and women. Fist pump in the air for us!!!

Divalencia:lol: