Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why so many Pre-Ops in the Post-Op section?

I see a lot of people commenting stuff like, "wow, that sounds interesting, but I wouldn't know because I'm XX days away from surgery". I'm just wondering why these people are trolling the post-ops section. I come here to get advice and observations from those experienced with lap-band, but instead have to wade through comments like that which give zero useful info.

I know many will think this is just mean, and maybe it is, but I have to point that out because it is SO frustrating.

I think that pre-ops are here because they are curious about what they can expect after surgery ...most have completed all their pre-op prep stuff and are excited about what is to come. Additionally, it is REALLY important to have realistic expectations after surgery and THIS is the best place to get the info first hand.

Sorry it frustrates you, but we're here to support everyone that asks -- pre or post op.

You may one day be a really big help to a pre-op.

~Fran

Sekinj, you have a valid point. But I've noticed there is a problem with this entire website: If you click "Today's Posts" under Quick Links at the top of the page, you get a list of post titles, one after the other. The post titles are enticing, interesting, and a lot of them invite a response from the viewer. But the title of the Forum it's posted in doesn't display till the far right side of the page. Posts get all scrambled up, and it's confusing about where the actual post belongs.

I noticed it on my first day here, and I figured the place is so huge, and has been around so long, that the individual forum titles don't mean much to most people. That's why so many women post in The Men's Room, then apologize when they realize what they did. (Not a complaint, just an example.) The same thing happens in other Forums.

So even if it's inconvenient to wade through the posts you don't expect to find, you need to remember you may find the answers you're seeking in a forum other than the post-op one you read most often. There can be some pearls hidden among the chaos - you just need to dig for them.

Dave

I see a lot of people commenting stuff like, "wow, that sounds interesting, but I wouldn't know because I'm XX days away from surgery". I'm just wondering why these people are trolling the post-ops section...........

Well I would hope that some of us "pre-op trollers" are here to become better informed on the journey we have begun. I know personally I have gained unlimited insight from reading the posts of everyone here, and maybe just once and awhile we find a post that we are urged to comment on. Hate to cut it short... but it's time to go troll "powder room gone wild":thumbup:

Edited by jguttery

Hate to cut it short... but it's time to go troll "powder room gone wild":thumbup:

HAHAHAHAHA.. thanks for the grins. :wink2:

So, since I was banded in July 2009 I can not reply to questions in the pre-op threads?

They're looking for information. Good for them for wanting to be well informed. :wink2:

I do try to stay out of the man cave because there are so few guys here and they need a place to get away from all these crazy females, but I pretty much post wherever I want.

I agree...we are here to support everyone (and recieve support from everyone). I was a "troller" as I wanted to know what to expect, see the type of experiences that others have or are having. It is about the information. Troll on!

I will say that I'm totally a Pre-Opper! I'm only 4 days into the 6 month pre-op lifestyle change! I usually only come to the Post-Op page because I am here to seek information from the EXPERTS on how the band is working (to make sure I am making the right decision for myself). I like reading what to watch out for, what to expect, and mainly to READ EVERYONE'S WONDERFUL SUCCESS! I know on days when I need some extra support, I can come here and use the Post-Oppers as my support group - keep me focused on the goal.

Sekinj~

I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm still hanging out on Post-Oppers page. Sorry!

I see a lot of people commenting stuff like, "wow, that sounds interesting, but I wouldn't know because I'm XX days away from surgery". I'm just wondering why these people are trolling the post-ops section. I come here to get advice and observations from those experienced with lap-band®, but instead have to wade through comments like that which give zero useful info.

I know many will think this is just mean, and maybe it is, but I have to point that out because it is SO frustrating.

Well, if you think this is frustrating ... wait till you get to "Bandster Hell" ... LOL only kidding ... good luck to you.

I've been at goal for 2 yrs and I find myself in the pre-op and post-op threads every single day. When a thread is titled "Help!!!!", I'm goin' in!

I've been at goal for 2 yrs and I find myself in the pre-op and post-op threads every single day. When a thread is titled "Help!!!!", I'm goin' in!

Isn't this what we are supposse to do? A community supports and encourages all of its members. I do understand that you want short and to the point answers. Just try to remember, many others need positive encouragment and a feeling of beloning. I so appreciate the positive words and advice I have recieved from members of this community both pre lapbanders and post. I was banded yesterday-So I'll will being going back and fourth. Some of the best advice that I have recieved came from post banders in the preband fourm:)

My take on it isn't that if you are pre-op you should post on the pre-op forum and post-op you should post on the post-op forum.

It is that if you have questions about the pre-op period then post in pre-op. Like support getting through the 6 month supervised diet or something. If you have questions about post-op life, even if you are pre-op then it goes in the post-op forum.

It's about what phase of banded life you are talking about, not what phase you are living in.

Well, if you think this is frustrating ... wait till you get to "Bandster Hell" ... LOL only kidding ... good luck to you.

LOL!!

I think people come to this side to see what it will be like after surgery. They just want to be as informed as possible.