Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my share of the band

I have bcbs texas insurance say i have to pay 30 percent of band device itself anyone know how much the band cost?

I went through True Results in Richardson, TX. My insurance (CIGNA) has an exclusion to weight loss surgery, so they would not cover it, but through True Results if they find a hiatal hernia the insurance will cover that (surgery room fees, anestesia, etc.) and you just pay for the band. I wound up paying $5500, so I'm assuming this was the cost for the band. I would call around and ask. If you only have to pay 30% of $5500 that is $1650, which is a steal! Good luck!

I just got the bill for my surgery today and the band's cost is $8,709.

But the allowable cost by most insurance companies is around $4,546-$5,000.

So, if your insurance has a certain rate that they are willing to pay for the device then that's the number you really want. You can find out the allowable amount by calling your insurance company and asking them point blank. Chances are the code is L8699 - just call and ask what the allowable amount is, under your plan, for L8699. Or call your doctor's office directly and ask them. If you do outpatient the surgery center will have the cost.

Chances are you'll pay around $1,500-2,400 for the band.

You may need to verify with your insurance that you're only going to pay 30% of the band and not a total of 30% of the surgery (including the band) -- this is the most common practice.

This is good information to know, I'm currently going through True Results in Houston. I'm scheduled to have my EGD on June 25th to determine whether or not I have the hiatal hernia, I'll know more regarding costs after then. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to get this done. I have UHC but of course weight loss surgery is an exclusion but they do cover the hiatal hernia surgery so if I have this then my cost would be the band cost. :)

I had my EDG on yesterday and I have do have the Hiatal Hernia, I'll have my band installed in conjunction with the Hernia repair. My portion is $5500 but I will be able to make payments to True Results. Waiting to see how soon I can get the surgery, shooting for September as I have a vacation planned in August. I also received pre-surgery instructions on yesterday. So hopeful, I am ready to conquer this hurdle!

I had my EDG on yesterday and I have do have the Hiatal Hernia' date=' I'll have my band installed in conjunction with the Hernia repair. My portion is 5500 but I will be able to make payments to True Results. Waiting to see how soon I can get the surgery, shooting for September as I have a vacation planned in August. I also received pre-surgery instructions on yesterday. So hopeful, I am ready to conquer this hurdle![/quote']

Did they require you to make a down payment before the surgery? Did they finance you on the balance or are you just paying them monthly until the $5500 is paid out?

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Did they require you to make a down payment before the surgery? Did they finance you on the balance or are you just paying them monthly until the $5500 is paid out?

I didn't have to pay any down payment on my portion of the $5500, they will begin taking out the $266 from my checking account monthly on the 23rd.

I didn't have to pay any down payment on my portion of the 5500' date=' they will begin taking out the 266 from my checking account monthly on the 23rd.[/quote']

Can you tell me your process? Once you called how long did it take to get an appointment? After you appt did u have a long wait before u had your other test done? After your test results how long did you have to wait before you were able to have your surgery. I am supposed to hear from them on Friday regarding insurance which I already know it doesn't cover then we will have to move toward being tested for the hernia. I'm soooooo excited and when I get excited about something my patience are out the door. Sorry for all the questions but I'm ready to know something. Hoping I can have the surgery next month.

Can you tell me your process? Once you called how long did it take to get an appointment? After you appt did u have a long wait before u had your other test done? After your test results how long did you have to wait before you were able to have your surgery. I am supposed to hear from them on Friday regarding insurance which I already know it doesn't cover then we will have to move toward being tested for the hernia. I'm soooooo excited and when I get excited about something my patience are out the door. Sorry for all the questions but I'm ready to know something. Hoping I can have the surgery next month.

My first appt with True Results was in May. I had my EGD to determine whether or not I had a hernia was on June 25th and they wanted to schedule my surgery in July. I had to wait until August 23rd because I had already had a pre-planned cruise scheduled on August 5th and I didn't want to be banded before my cruise. They were really quick, because I had the hernia my portion of the surgery was $5500 and my insurance would pay for the hernia repair and cover the anesthesia but if I didn't have the hernia then the cost of the total surgery would have been $9888 which is the cash price that they would finance at $235 per month for 5 years if you can't get financed by Care Credit. I applied for Care Credit but was turned down, so True Results is doing my financing and all I had to do is provide them with a cancelled check and debit card number. My payments are due on the 23rd of each month.

I had to put me first and I'll gladly pay the $266.42 monthly for two years to add a major tool to my fight against this deadly obesity. I'm down 10 lbs since August 23rd and hoping for more next month.

Good luck to you don't give up! There's more than one way to skin a cat!

My first appt with True Results was in May. I had my EGD to determine whether or not I had a hernia was on June 25th and they wanted to schedule my surgery in July. I had to wait until August 23rd because I had already had a pre-planned cruise scheduled on August 5th and I didn't want to be banded before my cruise. They were really quick' date=' because I had the hernia my portion of the surgery was 5500 and my insurance would pay for the hernia repair and cover the anesthesia but if I didn't have the hernia then the cost of the total surgery would have been 9888 which is the cash price that they would finance at 235 per month for 5 years if you can't get financed by Care Credit. I applied for Care Credit but was turned down, so True Results is doing my financing and all I had to do is provide them with a cancelled check and debit card number. My payments are due on the 23rd of each month.

I had to put me first and I'll gladly pay the 266.42 monthly for two years to add a major tool to my fight against this deadly obesity. I'm down 10 lbs since August 23rd and hoping for more next month.

Good luck to you don't give up! There's more than one way to skin a cat![/quote']

You have made my day and I can't wait I'm like you either way I'm having it done with or without a hernia. But from my research it appears that most obese or overweight people have a hernia. What was your recovery time with the Hernia? My job is flexible with me taking off I work in a school district. We have holidays coming up, but I can't wait that long I hope to have it done next month. Hopefully I can have my EGD this month and be ready for surgery next month. Did it take a while to get on the books for your first appt? I asked when I called since I will be driving from Louisiana if when I have my first appt can I do my EGD and all of that within on day. Do u live in that area or did you travel to have the surgery? I'm about 3.5 hrs away which is not that bad of a drive.

You have made my day and I can't wait I'm like you either way I'm having it done with or without a hernia. But from my research it appears that most obese or overweight people have a hernia. What was your recovery time with the Hernia? My job is flexible with me taking off I work in a school district. We have holidays coming up, but I can't wait that long I hope to have it done next month. Hopefully I can have my EGD this month and be ready for surgery next month. Did it take a while to get on the books for your first appt? I asked when I called since I will be driving from Louisiana if when I have my first appt can I do my EGD and all of that within on day. Do u live in that area or did you travel to have the surgery? I'm about 3.5 hrs away which is not that bad of a drive.

I had the hernia and band done the same day. I returned to work the following Tuesday, August 28th but I should have taken more time off. I ended up going home early until the 31st it was very difficult for me to sit in one place because of all the CO2 gas that they pump in you during surgery. It would be in my back and no matter what I would do I couldn't get rid of it, finally after about 3 weeks it went away and I feel really good no issues. Make sure you let them know that you're travelling from out of state they are very accommodating. I had an excellent patient advocate Rachel Castelman, she held my hand through the whole process. They'll give you a packet called "Roadmap to Surgery", follow the roadmap and you'll get there quickly. Looking at my paperwork my initial consult was 5/17, EGD on 6/25 and surgery on 8/23. They actually wanted to do surgery in July so you can get this done in 90 days.

Let me know how you get along.

I had the hernia and band done the same day. I returned to work the following Tuesday' date=' August 28th but I should have taken more time off. I ended up going home early until the 31st it was very difficult for me to sit in one place because of all the CO2 gas that they pump in you during surgery. It would be in my back and no matter what I would do I couldn't get rid of it, finally after about 3 weeks it went away and I feel really good no issues. Make sure you let them know that you're travelling from out of state they are very accommodating. I had an excellent patient advocate Rachel Castelman, she held my hand through the whole process. They'll give you a packet called "Roadmap to Surgery", follow the roadmap and you'll get there quickly. Looking at my paperwork my initial consult was 5/17, EGD on 6/25 and surgery on 8/23. They actually wanted to do surgery in July so you can get this done in 90 days.

Let me know how you get along.[/quote']

Thanks I will keep you posted on what I hear hopefully I will hear something by tmw. Thanks for all the info.

I had the hernia and band done the same day. I returned to work the following Tuesday' date=' August 28th but I should have taken more time off. I ended up going home early until the 31st it was very difficult for me to sit in one place because of all the CO2 gas that they pump in you during surgery. It would be in my back and no matter what I would do I couldn't get rid of it, finally after about 3 weeks it went away and I feel really good no issues. Make sure you let them know that you're travelling from out of state they are very accommodating. I had an excellent patient advocate Rachel Castelman, she held my hand through the whole process. They'll give you a packet called "Roadmap to Surgery", follow the roadmap and you'll get there quickly. Looking at my paperwork my initial consult was 5/17, EGD on 6/25 and surgery on 8/23. They actually wanted to do surgery in July so you can get this done in 90 days.

Let me know how you get along.[/quote']

Couldn't wait until tmw. I called today and they had received my insurance information. I scheduled my consultation and blood work for next Friday. I hope I can sleep until then.