Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Sorry everyone I don't know how to start a new thread. Yesterday I went to the doctor for my 1st adjustment. But sad news my port may have flipped and now I have to wait until Dec. 10. 2010 to have the doctor check with a x-ray. I was told to be happy because I have lost 35 pounds since my band day Sept 20. But I can not help but feel SAD. I don't remember anything happening to my port site. I'm have a hard time with this. Has anyone else had this problem.

I just saw your entry. I too thought my port had flipped because I could only lean down to a certain point, then pain. they poked around in there yesterday and said it didn't appear to have flipped but I am going in tomorrow for a CT scan with contrast just to make sure. They think there could be a hernia under the port site or an adhesion. Do you have any pain? I hope all works out for you. Let us know.

Hello!! It felt like self pay, since it took like 6 weeks to get any money. NE way doc said my port did not flip, he suspects it was overuse. But just to make sure I don't have a hernia at the port site or an adhesion, I'm going in for tests (cat scan with contrast) this week. At least that won't be painful. And when they accessed my port, I was told that would be how it felt if I had a fill. Not bad at all. I like your idea of switching up the calories to keep your body guessing. Yea I worked on Halloween so I did not have any candy around. I lost 6 lbs in three weeks so we are not going for a fill yet. I still feel jealous many of you are doing yoga, and zumba, while all I can do is walk.. but I am alot older than most of you.. maybe that is why I am taking so long to heal. But it's still more exercise than I have done all year. I am not cleaning the house (we think I did too much in the yard, and cleaning the bathtub). My new philosophy for awhile will be, if the dirt ain't moving, I'm ignoring it!!!

I'm happy to hear that your port did not flip, things will work out. Like you said some times it may take a little longer for some to recover.

Hi this is mytrice yes sometime i have pain at the port site. I just hate the long wait to check this out. My doctor is out of the office two weeks this month. So, I have to wait. Thank you for kind words.

mytrice - hang in there. I hope your port isn't flipped, and if it is, hopefully they can fix it with minimal discomfort.

I had my second fill today. I don't feel like I have lost much weight, especially when I read some of the big weight losses posted by this group. They told me I'm at 20% loss and the graph shows I am just a smidge above average for the time frame. Yea! It is coming off slowly, but it's coming off.:frown: They figure I need at least 1 or two more fills.

Good Morning everyone....

Mytrice and MissJoany Im sorry to hear about yalls discomfort at your port sites. I hope everything works out for both of you. Try to stay positive and not let your minds take over with all bad things...that will just worry yall and then lead to stress.

Rambuncious I am very glad to hear that you are above average with your loss. I too was questioning if I am losing enough. I dont go back into the Dr until the week of Nov 15. My scale is stuck right now but not going up.

I still dont feel like I am restricted.

I did start a Journal acouple days ago....I am now accountable for what I put in my body lol. In a weird way it feels good knowing I have to write it down.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.....see you again on Monday.

Theresa

Theresa, I started doing the food journal too. It has helped me to keep track of what I'm eating and maybe even more importantly what I'm not getting in. I was so focused on getting Protein - (since I hate the protein drinks) that I didn't realize that I was missing some dairy and needed to increase my Fiber. It may not work for everyone but I'm a big believer now!

Have a great weekend everyone. Chris

:tongue:Hi everyone! The cat scan was over in five minutes. The prep work, drinking 46 ounces of iodine and getting the IV positioned properly took the longest. Doc did not ask for a stat read, so I will have to wait to see what is going on, if anything under the port. But to be honest, I have been very careful of what I have been doing, and not bending over too much, and the pain has decreased dramatically. YEAH!! But when you start tracking it, you have to bend over for just about everything. I managed to get one cat to the vet without too much trouble and let the vet assistants take Cotton out of the car. Once home, I just opened the cage and he ran from the garage into the house. He only weighs 17.5 pounds. I thought he weighed much more. Today it's 55 days since surgey and I have lost 26 pounds. If I could jump up and click my heels together I would. I also agree the food journal has kept my calories in check, and also tracking the Protein. I needed to add more veggies. Well, folks, off to work I go, hope everyone has a great weekend, and don't forget that extra hour of sleep, I can't wait..

I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow for my birthday as my toes are too far away for me to get to!!!

Hello to all the September bandsters. I had my first fill on Nov 3rd and am down 27 lbs. I am thrilled. I hope everyone is doing well.

hi all, I am only down 6 lbs since my 9.27 surgery, trying to not get discouraged. trying to keep on track. My first fill is next week, I hope that helps out some with things. I know I have to stay positivve

I"ve been tracking my food on fitday.com I've noticed that I am consistently low on potassium, Vitamin e, and Iron, very interesting, trying to figure out the answer, I guess supplements.

also, my instinct diet book is very big on fiber being a very important factor in dieting and feeling full. not to mention colon health lol.

well you all are awesome.

thanks for being here.

Hello to all the September bandsters. I had my first fill on Nov 3rd and am down 27 lbs. I am thrilled. I hope everyone is doing well.

You go girl!

hi all, I am only down 6 lbs since my 9.27 surgery, trying to not get discouraged. trying to keep on track. My first fill is next week, I hope that helps out some with things. I know I have to stay positivve

I"ve been tracking my food on fitday.com I've noticed that I am consistently low on potassium, Vitamin e, and Iron, very interesting, trying to figure out the answer, I guess supplements.< /p>

also, my instinct diet book is very big on fiber being a very important factor in dieting and feeling full. not to mention colon health lol.

well you all are awesome.

thanks for being here.

You are doing great, and staying positive. I had not thought of tracking fiber, and Vitamins. Having a hard enough time tracking the Protein. How is your hunger level??

:smile2: How are you doing? I haven't lost much either - the real weight loss seems to come when the fill is perfect! Hope your doc hit the spot first time!

Have you lost any more? mY fill is this Wednesday. I know it can take a few to get it to the right spot. It seems like so much time is passing and no new weight loss. How do people ever lose a hundred pounds in a year when the process seems S-O-O slow!!!!

Good Evening everyone.... Hope everyone set their clocks back an hour last night get to that extra hour of sleep :smile2:

I want to make a dedication to myself and to my follow September bandsters....I have not started back on my treadmill since the surgery. SOOO .....tomorrow I am promising myself and to all of you that I am going to get back on track and do an hour on my treadmill starting tomorrow. I need inspiration here, eating right and drinking my Water is easy for me, getting the exercise in is my biggest challenge.

I have not seen a weight difference all week so its time to get the scale going in the right direction!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

Theresa:thumbup:

Theresa, Congratulations for getting back on the exercise track. Try not to overdo it though. An hour to start might be a little much but if you feel good with it, that's what counts! Good Luck and I hope the scale starts going down again this week.