Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie Here! Banded 9-10-10

First offical post...newly banded!

I am a 30yr old female living in TX. I have a 4 year old daughter and I am unmarried.

THE BAND...

Only one week out and still in some discomfort. Dealing with trapped gas in my left shoulder area. Hopefully it will all get better as the days go by.

I was looking for other newbies to compare my experiences with. In this fist week I dropped 17lbs. Is it normal to drop so quickly the first week? Will I gain in back when I begin eating "real" foods?

Anyone at the same stage looking for someone to share experiences, storys, questions, concerns with...let me know!

I have been told that you lose the most you are going to lose during that time. If you remember to eat sensible you should be fine.

If you begin to walk now that helps with the gas pain from surgery..

I'm not banded but I can try and give you some advice!

Your first 2 weeks is usually when you see the weight drop quickly, especially if you had to do a liquid pre-op diet. Once you start moving on to more solid foods, a weight gain is not uncommon and shouldn't get you discouraged! A ton of people experience up to 10lbs of weight gain as their bodies shift from liquids to mushies or semi-solids.

And walking will help you with the gas pain. And Gas X strips are recommended by lots.

I hope this helps some! And welcome!! :thumbup:

17 lbs! That is awesome! I would not be surprised or discourage if a little came back when you transition. I am hoping that you don't have to deal with it...but if you do...you and your friend the band can work it out!

Wohooo! :thumbup:

Cuppy, Congratulations on the 17lb loss. I was banded on 9/13 and had the same experience, feels good doesn't it?? I'm down 20lb since starting the pre-op liquid diet. Don't worry, the gas pain will go away. Keep walking and moving about. I woke up Thurs. and it was "magically" gone! Good Luck!

I am a Newbie too! I was banded on 9-14-10 and I am feeling all of the ups and downs. I can't catch a decent breath (is it built up gas from surgery or a clot?), the lack of Protein is making me fatigued, i am sick of applesauce and yogurt. I am learning all of the tips and tricks and look forward to talking more with those who have soldiered through it.

I was banded 9-7-10. My gas pains went away after a few days of walking and taking Gas X chewables. I have lost 20 lbs as of today. Good to luck to you and the rest of us "Newbies"!:thumbup:

banded on the 17th and still in pain not alot of pain i guess its more discomfort. my stomach is swolling on one side but i am letting the gas out but i have difficulty standing up straight is this normal and should it get better ? i go see my dr on wed but just looking for some input from people ahead of me thanks

Well, I was banded on the 13th and I don't have the gas pain or the shoulder pain but I am trying to walk as much as I can. I go back to work on Tuesday and I am scared to do that because sitting at a desk on the phone all day makes it easy to just graze at whatever might be available.

I was banded on the 10th as well. I am on week 2 of full liquids - today I made a split pea Soup and pureed some for dinner. It was sooo tasty. I don't care for Protein shakes, so I am doing my best to get it in other ways. I am finally sleeping - except last night I had a tightness in my chest - wondering if it is gas?

Anyone else not going to the bathroom much? (I pee plenty)

I haven't weighed myself- my personal goal it to stay away save for doctor visits

I have a 4 year old as well

(can't forget my 14 year old too)

nice to find a band buddy!

Hello Cuppy,

My name is Gabbi and i am 23 years old. I got banded on September the 13th. This is also my first official post! YAY! Congratulations on your weightloss! I still have not weighed myself, but i can tell i have already lost some weight :thumbup: I look forward to hearing from you and the others who replied here :thumbup:

Oh! do any of you have blogs?

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post but have been looking around LBT for many months waiting for my surgery. I was banded Sept. 16, 2010 in the Tampa Bay area. I am still on Clear Liquids until Thursday and then full liquids for 3 weeks. I've lost a total of 26 pounds since my two week pre-diet. I couldn't be happier. :thumbup:

:closedeyes:Hi all!!! I was banded on 9-7-2010 and I have only lost about 10 lbs so far. I was wishing for a better # but I feel pretty good. I have been on liquids since post-op. Not that I am complaining but I was just wondering if anyone else had this same experience.

:thumbup: Michelle

Hi I am newly banded as well. surgery was 9/16. still adjusting emotionally to all of this. the food is not bothering me much. Im hypervigilent I think about every unusual ache or pain. I am using the gasx strips and they are great. liquid tylenol too. I save the dvarvocet for bed time and I only take half. I have a 10yr old son.

Stay in touch.

sunny day, Hope you are feeling better today! Everyday gets better and the discomfort lessens. I have my one week check up today with the doctor. I feel great and am actually excited to go. That is so unusual - I normally dread going to the Dr. and facing a scale. I guess I'll count this as a small personal victory!

Gabbi, I was banded on the 13th as well so I guess that makes us "band sisters"! Congratulations on the weight loss! Let us know how much you have lost!

un4getable, Hope works goes well for you tomorrow. Keep a drink with you all day so you stay hydrated and not hungry. Good Luck All and have a good week