Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What election issue is most important to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What election issue is most important to you?

• Healthcare
    • 2 Wars
    • Jobs/Economy
    • Education
    • Deficit
    • Gulf Oil Spill
    • Ground Zero Mosque
    • Immigration
    • Gay Marriage
    • Government Spending
    • Abortion
    • Other

Well said, kartman. Well said.

It is absolutely preposterous that we have become such short-sighted and easily incited voters. The tea party, Rush Bimbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and others have created an incredibly negative environment on the conservative side of politics and it has stirred people up into such a frenzy they aren't able to think logically about what supporting that faction really means to them.

In theory, they think it means smaller government, lower taxes, free enterprize, jobs, etc. When in fact, it means just the opposite for middle income folks.

And the extremely wealthy just keep getting richer and the poor get poorer. The middle class is getting hit harder and harder in their own pocketbooks. Why is it so difficult to understand that giving more tax breaks to the wealthy is completely contrary to cutting the budget deficit? And it makes it much harder on the middle class who wind up having to pick up the slack.

Ok, I’m over the election – we lost and we need to move on. What has me a little pissed right now is the infighting with the House Democratic Leadership. I respect what they did in getting the bills passed that they did in the last session, but they clearly were at the helm of one of the parties greatest defeats. I think Pelosi, Clyburn, and Hoyer should all step back gracefully and turn the reins of the party over to new faces and fresh ideas.

With Pelosi as the Minority Leader, the Republicans are going to make her the boogy man in 2012 and dig us into a deeper hole than we are in right now. How is it that all of a sudden the “Young Guns” are in the Republican party? I love that we have diversity with a women, and a black man in those critical roles – but we need fresh faces with new ideas as well. They did some great work with passage of Healthcare, Climate Change, and many others but they were out messaged by the Right. I don’t see any of those three making the point to the American people in a way that resonates about why the Democratic vision is far superior to anything the Republicans can offer.

As obnoxious as some of the Republicans are, I wish we had some hard asses out front to not only sell the progressive agenda, but also to shoot down the ideology (read selfishness and greed) of the opposition!

I think that most Americans got sick to death of this election and are all ready to move on. But if Democrats don't get some new way to market their people and ideas, they can probably forget it in 2012.

Ok, I’m over the election – we lost and we need to move on. What has me a little pissed right now is the infighting with the House Democratic Leadership. I respect what they did in getting the bills passed that they did in the last session, but they clearly were at the helm of one of the parties greatest defeats. I think Pelosi, Clyburn, and Hoyer should all step back gracefully and turn the reins of the party over to new faces and fresh ideas.

With Pelosi as the Minority Leader, the Republicans are going to make her the boogy man in 2012 and dig us into a deeper hole than we are in right now. How is it that all of a sudden the “Young Guns” are in the Republican party? I love that we have diversity with a women, and a black man in those critical roles – but we need fresh faces with new ideas as well. They did some great work with passage of Healthcare, Climate Change, and many others but they were out messaged by the Right. I don’t see any of those three making the point to the American people in a way that resonates about why the Democratic vision is far superior to anything the Republicans can offer.

I don't want Pelosi to step down. The republicans would Celebrate that as an additional victory - i.e.- they took Pelosi down. She did everything she was supposed to in the house. She got all of the agenda and bills passed with no republican support. She was tough. So what if they use her in 2012? She will no longer be speaker of the house. The democrats will need to use Mr. Tan Man Boehner as the focus of their ads. It will be a different voting public in a presidential election and I am hoping (but not hopeful) that the democrats who are left (more liberal - most blue dogs are gone) will grow a spine and get the democratic message of pro-middle class out there.

It's Harry Reid who I would like to see replaced. I think he is wimpy and ineffective and can't keep those Senate democrats in line. He was embarassing in his debate with Angle. I could have debated her better and would have. And now that we really don't need Lieberman - I again suggest that he be relegated to a windowless basement room with a bare light bulb in the ceiling and stripped of his committee chair.

Don't get me wrong, I think she was great in getting thru all the things she did in the House, if Reid was half as good in Senate we would have had a lot more of our issues addressed. She seems to be a great legislator and tactician, but I'm not sure she is the best communicator or the best voice of the party. Heck, Boner didn’t even have a message and he communicated "it" to his base and a majority of the electorate. We need House (and party) leadership that effectively gets out the message to the American people that the Republican agenda is bad for America and Americans and that the Democrats have a legitimate plan to move us forward.

Don't get me wrong, I think she was great in getting thru all the things she did in the House, if Reid was half as good in Senate we would have had a lot more of our issues addressed. She seems to be a great legislator and tactician, but I'm not sure she is the best communicator or the best voice of the party. Heck, Boner didn’t even have a message and he communicated "it" to his base and a majority of the electorate. We need House (and party) leadership that effectively gets out the message to the American people that the Republican agenda is bad for America and Americans and that the Democrats have a legitimate plan to move us forward.

Obama is the leader of the Democratic Party and he needs to more effectively get the message out. Quit allowing the republicans to define the agenda, message and outcome. But I think Obama is really careful not to project that angry black man stereotype. But he's most effective when he is on message and reducing the issues to one line. People remember those because most are too stupid to remember more.

We need to get Tim Kaine out as DNC chair. He is the worst. Even worse than Michael Steele is at the RNC. Bring back Howard Dean. He is great at messaging. He got it done in 2008.

Pelosi obviously got the message out to win the congress in 2006 and 2008. She is more soft spoken. I would prefer a Hillary Clinton style. She would kick ass, but that is not Pelosi's style.

Im listening to Sara Dumbell on CNN. God Please let her run for president. Why does she always talk about how to be a great American, she like all reps never says what her plans are, just that she has them.

I dont know much about who is running for what, other than the people who have been there for a while. Isnt it time we get new blood in there(on both sides) so we dont have the "same old, same old" ? If we're not getting what we want why not get new people who might actually put our needs in front of politics. Really, even with the reps winning more seats what has changed. We(dems) were unable to get alot accomplished even with the congressional majority because some caved to rep pressure. In turn we lost and now the reps have more of a voice and since Tuesday(election day) they havent changed their tune. All theyre talking about is how theyre going to make Obama a one term pres and they arent going to work with dems unless they move more right. Were does that leave us, back at sqare one. Its time for some new blood in there!!! Dem voters need there own Tea Party to let the few spineless dems who caved know their days are numbered. Let them know we want people who will stand up for our beliefs. For instance, now there are a few dems who want to extend the Bush tax cuts even though they said differently when they where running for office. Time for them to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like most running are more worried about the next election than doing whats right. In the mean time you have Obama who I believe sincerely cares and wants to do whats right but has no help from either side.

Obama got elected because he was the well-mannered, well-meaning, cerebral, inclusive guy who cared about people and played nice with others. Now we say he has no balls and the winners are the mean-spirited, devisive, hypocritical, red-in-the-face loudmouths, angrily spinning their lies and shoving their agenda of self-interest down our throats. Funny how Americans reject the former and embrace the latter. I guess facts just aren't as entertaining as drama. It's like the Roman coliseum where the masses were distracted by the spectacle while the empire's problems went unsolved and the rich and powerful grew their stockpiles when no one was really paying attention.

I dont know much about who is running for what, other than the people who have been there for a while. Isnt it time we get new blood in there(on both sides) so we dont have the "same old, same old" ? If we're not getting what we want why not get new people who might actually put our needs in front of politics. Really, even with the reps winning more seats what has changed. We(dems) were unable to get alot accomplished even with the congressional majority because some caved to rep pressure. In turn we lost and now the reps have more of a voice and since Tuesday(election day) they havent changed their tune. All theyre talking about is how theyre going to make Obama a one term pres and they arent going to work with dems unless they move more right. Were does that leave us, back at sqare one. Its time for some new blood in there!!! Dem voters need there own Tea Party to let the few spineless dems who caved know their days are numbered. Let them know we want people who will stand up for our beliefs. For instance, now there are a few dems who want to extend the Bush tax cuts even though they said differently when they where running for office. Time for them to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like most running are more worried about the next election than doing whats right. In the mean time you have Obama who I believe sincerely cares and wants to do whats right but has no help from either side.

Since more than half the blue dog democrats were defeated those left tend to be more liberal democrats.

So, between now and when the extremist republicans take control in January, the democratic majority has a golden opportunity to continue the tax cuts for the middle class and eliminate them for the top 2%. The blue dogs who were defeated can vote for this because they're already lame ducks. They don't have to worry about their constituents.

Ditto with don't ask, don't tell and a few other things.

We still have the power. Use it. Those who got defeated last Tuesday have nothing to lose by voting for these things.

Just do it. And screw the republicans. They aren't the majority yet. Wait your turn. :thumbup:

i listened to Stewart Varney(I believe thats his name)on Hannity the other day. He said the reps ought to agree on a permanent tax cut for the mid class and a three year extension for the rich. Hannity told him they have majority and they ought to insist on a permanent cut for the rich. Varney said the dems would never go for it and he thinks it would be better for the 3 year extension so we can get something accomplished. He said his worst fear is neither side working together because now the reps have majority and would look bad come 2012 elections if nothing changes!

Also the Bill Maher show was interesting. He had Oreilley on and pretty much put him in his place.

i listened to Stewart Varney(I believe thats his name)on Hannity the other day. He said the reps ought to agree on a permanent tax cut for the mid class and a three year extension for the rich. Hannity told him they have majority and they ought to insist on a permanent cut for the rich. Varney said the dems would never go for it and he thinks it would be better for the 3 year extension so we can get something accomplished. He said his worst fear is neither side working together because now the reps have majority and would look bad come 2012 elections if nothing changes!

Also the Bill Maher show was interesting. He had Oreilley on and pretty much put him in his place.

The issue of the tax cuts will have to be decided before Dec. 31st when they expire and the democrats still hold the majority. I say they should force the republicans hand to let the tax cuts for the rich expire and remain for the middle class.

But nothing the democrats have shown so far indicates to me that they have the guts to do this. Even the ones who lost the election and don't have to care about re-election based on their vote.

Another 7-11 guy story!

As soon as I walked in this morning to get coffee he told me about a church in my town(Greensburg Pa(again mostly gun hugging, redneck repulicans)that had the "N" word, actually it said "No N", you know the rest, painted on the side! When someone from the parish saw it they were so upset because they never thought this would happen in this day and age, having a black pres. He(7-11 guy)told me that having a black pres just secured his belief that theyre all "N"!!!

Then he showed me a picture on his phone of a "retarded boy"(his words), the kid looked like he had DS)and the kid in the pictures shirt said "at least Im not a N", then the 7-11 guy said "I hate retards too".

Then I went in again about 1:00 to get coffee on my way home . I told him I couldnt believe he said that this morning about blacks and mentally handicapped people, and he said "well, I wasnt lying, I hate retards and I hate N even more"!

I hope I dont offend anybody, Im just showing how much hatred there is and how much racism especially where I live! Oh and hes republican, I made the statement the other day that the reps claim theyre not racist but all the people who vote for them sure seem to be and the "apple doesnt fall far from the tree"!!!!

Another 7-11 guy story!

As soon as I walked in this morning to get coffee he told me about a church in my town(Greensburg Pa(again mostly gun hugging, redneck repulicans)that had the "N" word, actually it said "No N", you know the rest, painted on the side! When someone from the parish saw it they were so upset because they never thought this would happen in this day and age, having a black pres. He(7-11 guy)told me that having a black pres just secured his belief that theyre all "N"!!!

Then he showed me a picture on his phone of a "retarded boy"(his words), the kid looked like he had DS)and the kid in the pictures shirt said "at least Im not a N", then the 7-11 guy said "I hate retards too".

Then I went in again about 1:00 to get coffee on my way home . I told him I couldnt believe he said that this morning about blacks and mentally handicapped people, and he said "well, I wasnt lying, I hate retards and I hate N even more"!

I hope I dont offend anybody, Im just showing how much hatred there is and how much racism especially where I live! Oh and hes republican, I made the statement the other day that the reps claim theyre not racist but all the people who vote for them sure seem to be and the "apple doesnt fall far from the tree"!!!!

Just a reminder of the 4 R's of republicanism:

1) Rich

2) Racist

3) Red-Neck

4) Religious-Right

If republicans give me a hard time - I recite this and then ask: Which one are you?