Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O.M.G !! I am so STRESSED out!!

My surgery is on Wednesday the 25th and I have failed miserably with my liquid diet. I am stressed, concerned, upset @ myself, worried. I am such a mess! For the first time since I started the journey, I am doubting if I should do this. Help me please!!!

My surgery is on Wednesday the 25th and I have failed miserably with my liquid diet. I am stressed, concerned, upset @ myself, worried. I am such a mess! For the first time since I started the journey, I am doubting if I should do this. Help me please!!!

You will be fine and you are in good hands. My friend's mother had the band performed by your surgeon and spoke very highly of him. Honestly, most of us have 'failed miserably' with our weight for many different reasons. Be proud that you, as well as everyone else here, are confronting this and making a change to better our lives.

I do an online radio show as a hobby and Im constantly giving this advice to friends and listeners who struggle with problems. Please relax and realize that after tomorrow, your life will change and for the better. It wont be easy, but what ever is. Not to mention you'll have so much support on these boards. I've only been on here for 2 weeks and Im amazed at the positive vibes and support. So many success stories are on these boards and they have me psyched about my surgery. I wish my surgery was tomorrow, but its not for another 5 weeks.

What has also impressed me here, is the number of people who lost all their weight, yet still find the time to try and consistantly help others here. It's a breath of fresh air. I expected to be just an observer on the boards and not write much. It's hard not to try and help others when there is so much support being offered back.

I started my preop 8 weeks before to get a head start with my weight loss. The idea was to have shakes for Breakfast and lunch, as well as in between meals. dinner would be a very light meat and salad. Even though I've dropped some weight, I blew it several days with Italian food and ice cream. I realized being mad isnt going to change what I already did. So I just tried harder the next day.

No matter how much you get mad at yourself, cry, worry, stressed about your preop diet, it's not going to change what you did up until now. Just relax, get back up and try harder next time. You will be fine. And good luck with your surgery.

best wishes on your surgery:smile: Mine is on the 26th:scared2::) I have been doing "ok" on my liquid diet, but then it has only been today so far! Tomorrow Clear Liquids and Wednesday clear until around ten p.m. I am nervous but looking forward to getting things going. You will be over the surgery hill soon!! take care

A lot of people have problems with the liquid diet... who wouldn't? It's torturous and ridiculous to people who love and enjoy food! Just take it one meal at a time. If you screwed up at breakfast... shake it off and do the right thing for lunch. If you screw up at dinner, do the right thing for Breakfast tomorrow.

Don't beat yourself up over your mistakes... it only spirals from there.

You can do it!!

Well said DonTony (I think our band dates are close together).

Just relax and remember all the reasons you wanted the band in the first place. If you don't get it, you will wish you did I'm sure.

From what I"ve read, many people have cheated on their pre op diet and gone on to get their band and been a success.

Good luck!

Don't stress out - it will make things worse and slow your healing. Liquid diets suck. I didn't follow mine closely, either. I watched my carbs but ate mostly meat for two weeks and was a bit worried but my surgery went off without a hitch. And you know what? It was the BEST thing I've ever done. Don't let this stress you out. Just remember, after tomorrow, things will change and it will be great! :)

Hey JerseyDiva,

I am so sorry that you are having a rough time. Thankfully, I didn't have to do the preop diet--ugh! I am sure it is horrible...

I know from experience that feeling frustrated is a cycle that is hard to break free from. I would eat bad, get mad at myself, then self-sabotage, and then I would eat badly because I was angry at myself, and the cycle continues. You just have to find a way to break out of that and continue on. You can't change what has already been done, so just start fresh again the next time. Sometimes it helps to keep a list of things you are going to eat and not allow yourself the option of eating outside of that list.

I may not have had the pre-op diet, but I had to be on liquids for 2 weeks and then mushies for 2 weeks after surgery. It is really hard when the swelling goes down and you get reeeeeeally hungry again. But that is the time that you absolutely cannot cheat, because you can affect the healing process. It really is "hell" lol..

BUT..I can tell you this. I am 7 weeks post op and I want to assure you that it will get better..A LOT better. There is no comparison between what you are going through now and what you will experience after this period is over. You have to think of now through the first 6 weeks as the hazing period for the band..And if you can make it successfully, then you will be a bandster!! You can go back to eating again!! I know it is hard to imagine but it WILL happen. Just try to stay on the bandwagon..We all feel concerned if we made the right decision in the beginning..But I promise you, it will pay off!!!!

Hang in there. We are all pulling for you..YOU CAN DO IT!!