Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outrageous Octobers

I am scheduled for October 5th.

Hi all! I'm not "officially" scheduled yet but my hoops I had to jump through for my insurance are done. I had one test my dr required because of the possibility that I had some esophageal dysmotility that has been holding me up. I finally had that done Tuesday morning. I should be getting my results tomorrow and they should be submitting my paperwork. By the numbers the dr's office told me as far as how long approval takes, it looks like I will be an October surgery too. :blushing:

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

hi everybody I'm scheduled for 13 Oct. Looks like we will be going through this together. Looking forward to sharing all the ups and downs. :blushing:

Hi everyone,

I am planning on being banded in October 2010. My consultation is on 9/25, and I am a self pay patient, so.... I gather once all of my testing is done, which most of it is (my doctor will use my bloodwork and sleep study I had done last month); I should be scheduled for surgery fairly quickly.

I am 28 years old and made the decision that I would not start my 30's in the same condition I started my 20's...... miserable. I am ready to make a change, and start a family. I have been married for a year, and I am ready to be a mother; however, getting pregnant at 300lbs is not an option.

I have never written on a forum before, but reading all your post I feel like I can finally connect with people with simular issues. I wish everyone luck in their journey, and I am here for support if any one needs it!

I just got approved today!!! my surgery date is october 7th and im so nervous!!!!

A - Welcome 10/19 is coming up soon, Have you started practicing anything? I have statrted to eat slower and I'm thinking about what I would order if I went out to dinner... It's tough!!!

So Team October... What how do you all feel about cooking after the band??? Will you change what you make for your families too???

Sometimes when Im eating I eat slow for a little bit, but I cant imagine doing it all the time. It's certainly going to be an adjustment.

I'll probably just avoid eating out for a while.

As for cooking after the band, I havent thought much about it. I'll just take it as it comes, and see how I go with food. I live with my boyfriend so I'll probably cook similar, modified meals to what I cook now. Our meals are pretty healthy, just the portions are too big and we eat too much fast food and junk...

Surgery cant come fast enough for me! I just want to get started on this journey!!

It's 1 month, 1 week and 1 day till my surgery :smile:

Hello All, I am hoping to be banded in Oct too. I have had my Psych eval, my Nutrition eval and have attended 2 seminars. I talked to my Banding Coordinator on Monday and she was waiting on the dictation from the appointments to send in for approval. My insurance is BCBS Anthem. There doesn't seem to be a lot of requirements if you are over a 40 bmi, which I am. I have done many diets before from WW to 6 week Body Makeover. I can lose weight but it always comes back. The only time I have successfully lost weight for more then a month has been when I was pregnant. I lost between 40 to 50lbs with each of my two children. I hope that I hear something within the next week or so. Good Luck to everyone!!!:thumbup:

Side note, how do I get the signatures???

Nicole

Please, someone tell me. Is this where I write? Am I doing this right? I did not think I would want to do this chat thing but the closer I get the more I think I'm

going to use it. It comforts me like my grandson's blanket comforts him. I don't mind being the old gal here! I'm alive, isn't that why we are all doing this?

Hi R Gran 1, Age is nothing but a number. I enjoy reading this post also because it makes me feel not alone. I mean I know I have my children and husband but they are not having to deal with a weight issue like I am. I kinda feel lonely. Good luck with your journey!

Nicole:lol:

Good morning kids. I just came in from outside to get my first snack of the day. I was putting up Fall decorations thinking MAYBE...when I put up the Christmas decorations I will be able to do it a little faster and easier.

Hello Outrageous Octobers!

I just came home from a fabulous family vacation to an email from my patient advocate that my insurance has approved my surgery and I have a date - 10/8!!!!

I am so excited!!!!

I can not wait to embark on this journey with each of you!

Hugs,

Jane

Hello Outrageous Octobers!

I just came home from a fabulous family vacation to an email from my patient advocate that my insurance has approved my surgery and I have a date - 10/8!!!!

I am so excited!!!!

I can not wait to embark on this journey with each of you!

Hugs,

Jane

Congratulations to you! I look forward to reading of your successes..I am in the waiting mode...I cannot wait until I get that call..

Hello All, I am hoping to be banded in Oct too. I have had my Psych eval, my Nutrition eval and have attended 2 seminars. I talked to my Banding Coordinator on Monday and she was waiting on the dictation from the appointments to send in for approval. My insurance is BCBS Anthem. There doesn't seem to be a lot of requirements if you are over a 40 bmi, which I am. I have done many diets before from WW to 6 week Body Makeover. I can lose weight but it always comes back. The only time I have successfully lost weight for more then a month has been when I was pregnant. I lost between 40 to 50lbs with each of my two children. I hope that I hear something within the next week or so. Good Luck to everyone!!!:thumbup:

Side note, how do I get the signatures???

Nicole

Best of luck to you! I also have BC/BS, my info was sent last week...usually takes several weeks to hear...I wish I were more patient..:thumbup:

Yeah for you. October 8th is my B-day too! My visit for pre surgury is thursday the 23rd 1:00 and I start the fast Friday the 24th. I guess we will start the count down together. I am passing the excitment and I'm moving into OMG (as my granddaughter would say).

R gran 1, Your B buddy! icon10.gif