Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

you know i have no problem taking large pills... does that mean i need another fill?

When I have good restriction I can't take large pills but my band is picky.I'll be tight for a few weeks and then loose for a week or two. I'm loose right now and I can take pills and eat breadblink.gif which isn't good for me.

Amber- You can also buy the generic Robitussin Expectorant. It's the same as the Mucinex and a bit cheaper.

Im doing pretty well just with the mucinex pills. And it always seems that when I go looking for the robitussin expectorant I can never find just the expectorant. Oh well.

Today Ive been pretty hungry but it hasnt been too bad. I was down 2 lbs this morning so thats a good thing. Oh and all of my underwear are getting saggy in the butt! LOL! Need to go buy some new undies!

When I have good restriction I can't take large pills but my band is picky.I'll be tight for a few weeks and then loose for a week or two. I'm loose right now and I can take pills and eat breadblink.gif which isn't good for me.

Amber- You can also buy the generic Robitussin Expectorant. It's the same as the Mucinex and a bit cheaper.

I haven't stepped on a scale in so long that I couldn't tell you if I have lost weight or not. I haven't exercised since before my hysterectomy back in June because of pain issues from that. I realized that as much as I want to be at a size 10, that I'm content right now where I'm at. Until I decide that I'm ready to be even littler, I will be where I'm at now. I still see the same person in the mirror that I was in July '10. Maybe, I need to be seeing a professional about the mental aspects of this. rolleyes.gif

i have been struggling to lose any weight at all for the past 2 mos but ppl keep saying i'm losing but the scale isnt moving so frustrated.... i feel like i need a fill but still get stuck at least 2 times a day so even tho i can eat alot i may not need one...

i should probably do the 5 day pouch test..

Zen ,

it could be true that you are losing inches more than weight. Since july ive been getting measured every friday and ive lost an incredible 49.50 inches , ive lost weight too but no where near the amount of inches. I went from a size 12 to 8 , and now in a size six dress!!! ive lost about 31 lbs since july. Ive learned that not everyone loses the same way and you need to find a way that your body loses.

I went to the docs on Wednesday. I have lost 77 percent of body fat. Which makes me very happy. The doc said if I didn't lose another pound I would be good. I would like to lose another 10 pounds and I would be very happy. Because of my acid reflux being so bad the doc unfilled me to 1 cc in my 10 cc band. He said he will not refill me for another 6 months!! Because the reflux was so bad he wants me to heal. I am very nervous though as I am able to eat more :(( I am going to have to really pay attention to what I am eating and exercise a lot more!! Specially around the holidays!!

I went to the docs on Wednesday. I have lost 77 percent of body fat. Which makes me very happy. The doc said if I didn't lose another pound I would be good. I would like to lose another 10 pounds and I would be very happy. Because of my acid reflux being so bad the doc unfilled me to 1 cc in my 10 cc band. He said he will not refill me for another 6 months!! Because the reflux was so bad he wants me to heal. I am very nervous though as I am able to eat more :(( I am going to have to really pay attention to what I am eating and exercise a lot more!! Specially around the holidays!!

awesome, I get stuck on the number on the scale. im 152 lbs now and my bmi is 27 which still is overweight. Im thinking some of my weight is skin and muscle growth. not sure how much more im gonna lose

awesome, I get stuck on the number on the scale. im 152 lbs now and my bmi is 27 which still is overweight. Im thinking some of my weight is skin and muscle growth. not sure how much more im gonna lose

I've lost 65 lbs but am still wearing a size 22 jeans. :( If it wasnt for my huge stomach I would be really happy but I hate my stomach. I guess that is what having 2 c-sections does for you.

I have 1 more week to go on this liquid/mushy diet and it hasnt been too bad. I've been doing lots of Soups which are all yummy. Nothing out of the can though. Tortilla Soup, broccoli cheese soup, chicken enchilada soup, potato cheese soup...all blended really well of course. I know they are not the healthiest but Im just trying to get through this phase. I think im definitely going to go back next Saturday to at least have the doctor see if my band has gone back to normal otherwise I will be scared to start eating solid foods again. But my reflux is gone so thats good!

tylee, I think that WLS folks tend to see themselves as the heavier version of themselves....even though they know it is different. I think it is a psychological thing. If it is really bothering you and causing anxiety or discomfort, then perhaps some counseling might help. For myself, I accept that when I look in the mirror at times I still see the previous me and then there are those times that I see a picture with someone else in it and I think...WOW thats me! I look GOOD! LOL. I know that I am a much smaller person than I was, my clothing size, the scale, people all tell me that I am a much smaller person, but I don't see it unless I look really long and hard at myself in the mirror or see myself with someone else in a picture....

Zenida, I agree with Beachbunny, lately my weight has slowed down significantly, but I have begun to notice that my body is changing in inches.

Amber, let us know how you fare with the doctor.

it took until last week for me to see myself as thin, I struggle with good self image.

im under 150 lbs finally!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving friends!

3 solid weeks of only being able to keep minimum food down. Now I throw up blood with it. I can tell the difference between a stuck episode and a full blown throwing up. I lose weight, and my body falls apart on me. Have to see a stomach doctor. Praying my band isn't eroded or it has to go.

On a happy note, I'm now in a size 18 down from a size 32 at the beginning of this journey. I actually put on my son's XL jacket and zipped it up with room to spare.

tylee, hope things are ok with you. Spoiltmom are you not getting closer to your TT date? I just went to my second PS consult and Have found the surgeon for me. I am looking at having a TT and Brachyplasty in the summer of 2012 so I can give myself time to lose any remaining weight or be stable for several months.

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I checked in to see how everyone is doing! I have finally hit the 70lb mark an I have 20 more to hit my "goal" weight. Of course if I go lower, I'll be beyond thrilled. I recently went to my sister's wedding and got a picture taken in my size 9 dress I got from the junior section at Macy's. I still can't believe it! . I hope everyone is doing well!

I had a virus that was causing me to throw up. It was awful, and I still get days where I'm queasy. I wasn't able to hold down any food for nearly a month. The good thing about it is that it helped me to finally hit the 100 lb weight loss mark. I was super excited this morning when I hopped on the scale for the first time in nearly a month to weigh.