Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you most looking forward to after banding?

I had my first son at 18. Prior to that I was a teenage work aholic. Time with friends was minimal and when we did hang out we never went to like the beach or anything.

Now I have 2 kids 7 and 3 and we go to the beach and Water parks and everything.

With that being said I CANT WAIT TO BE ABLE TO WEAR A BIKIN FOR THE FIRST TIME:redface:

Even more so than that

I CANT WAIT TO BE COMPLETELY NAKED AND FEEL EXCITED, COMFORTABLE, AND ABSOLUTELY FAB-U-LOUS !!! :lol:

In front of anyone, yes I said it. that feeling of not caring who sees because you know everything is in the right place (not too much and not too little)

I'm looking forward to:

• my legs not touching

I LUV THIS... I so cant wait till my legs don't touch anymore!!! :party:

I dont think Ive ever been able to wear a bikini- so Im looking forward to that provided I dont have a bunch of loose skin.

And since we all like to spill our guts here Im going to come out and say it- I will be happy to wipe my butt like a normal person. Its not that I have a huge butt but my arms are too short to reach around and wipe normally without having to do some acrobatics.

Oh and I cant wait to not have to lift up my stomach flab to wash myself or during certain positions during sex. Yes- I did say that one too! LOL!

Edited by AmberK

I dont think Ive ever been able to wear a bikini- so Im looking forward to that provided I dont have a bunch of loose skin.

And since we all like to spill our guts here Im going to come out and say it- I will be happy to wipe my butt like a normal person. Its not that I have a huge butt but my arms are too short to reach around and wipe normally without having to do some acrobatics.

Oh and I cant wait to not have to lift up my stomach flab to wash myself or during certain positions during sex. Yes- I did say that one too! LOL!

YOU MADE ME LOL! This was the best post yet!

I am looking forward to

Feeling better about myself.

Being able to fit in airplane seats. (Flying in 2.5 weeks and dreading the squish)

As other people said- My boobs shrinking. I hate them and I will still need to get a lift after, but hopefully they will be smaller.

Wearing other clothes besides jeans and a t-shirt because I hate shopping right now, so I never look for anything. I probably will still hate shopping, but maybe I can dress a little better

Not sure if this will happen- but I would like to get some friends that live close to me that see me for who I am and not what I look like.

Also maybe one day have a boyfriend.

Oh I totally can't wait til my legs don't touch.

and since we all like to spill our guts here im going to come out and say it- i will be happy to wipe my butt like a normal person. Its not that i have a huge butt but my arms are too short to reach around and wipe normally without having to do some acrobatics.

Oh and i cant wait to not have to lift up my stomach flab to wash myself or during certain positions during sex. Yes- i did say that one too! Lol!

omg i thought i was the only one with this problem!!!

Thanks for posting this thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Amanda,

What a wonderful topic!!!

**Rid my body of Diabetes

**Being healthy, energetic and enjoying life

**Crossing my legs

**Not worrying about whether or not I will fit in a booth at a restaurant.

**Feeling confident

**Finding a man who to share my life with.

**Look forward to living a long life.

YES!!! I have NO clue what size some of my clothes are because of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tee Hee...I thought I only did that !! :)

-not being embarrassed about my weight

-liking myself again

-not feeling my thighs rub together

-buying cute little shirts and shorts

-getting off my meds

-no more c pap

-no more hurting ankles and knees

-looking good for my husband

-fitting into the seat of a rollercoaster :)

Amen to that! I don't know what size some of my pants are. My shirts are now tagless so there's no hiding that:(

I'm not looking forward to my boobs shrinking though. I kinda like em the way they are:)

Ok, you have me laughing. I just had the boob conversation with my best friend. I don't want to lose my boobs! I have big boobs and I want to keep big boobs. Ok, all joking aside, here is what I am looking forward to in no particular order:

• Not being embarassed of my body anymore.
  • Getting of my diabetes meds
  • Resolving my adrenal gland issues
  • Reducing my PCOS symptoms
  • Wearing clothes that I like and not wearing clothes just because they fit.
  • I can't wait to see my face again... The face I always had before the weight gain.
  • CONFIDENCE
  • a good role model for my children
  • HEALTH
  • Energy
  • sharing the journey with people on this message board.
  • not having to wear the sexy CPAP mask.
  • wearing a nice nightgown if you know what I mean.
  • helping others
  • buying new clothes everytime I drop a size.

I am looking forward to:

- Being Healthy

- Wearing cute heels without feeling like my toes are going to have to be amputated afterward because all my weight is bearing down on them!

- Cute clothes

- Having children

- Crossing my legs

- Not having to be questioned by airline staff about whether or not i fit in a seat

- rollercoasters/amusement parks

- sitting in restaurant booth freely without having to question whether i fit

- A long life.

:thumbup:

I am looking forward to:

- Wearing cute heels without feeling like my toes are going to have to be amputated afterward because all my weight is bearing down on them!

:thumbup:

LOL! I'm looking forward to that too...and strappy shoes without bulges of pedi-fat coming out the sides! LOL!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO:

-BEING HEALTHY

-GETTING OFF ALL MY MEDS(8)

-BEING ABLE TO GET A JOB..BEEN TRYING FOR SO LONG. I WALK OUT OF THE INTERVIEW KNOWING I DIDNT GET IT CUZ OF THE WAY I LOOK!:thumbup:

-WEARING PRETTY CLOTHES THAT ARE NOT SO HUGE!

-SHOPPING @ VICTORIA'S SECRET FOR MY PANTIES & BRA'S!:thumbup:

-BEING ABLE TO SIT IN A CHAIR COMFORTABLY & NOT BEING SCARED IT WILL BREAK

-NOT BEING JUDGED BY THE WAY I LOOK

-GOING TO MY DAUGHTER'S HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION & NOT BEING ASHAMED

-GOING TO DISNEY WORLD AFTER MY DAUGHTER'S GRADUATION & FINALLY BEING ABLE TO RIDE THE RIDES..HAVE BEEN TWO OTHER TIMES

-NOT HAVING ANYMORE KNEE PAINS

-NOT WORRYING IF THE SEATBELT WILL FIT AROUND ME

-OH..NOT WORRYING THAT I WONT FIT THROUGH THE TURNSTILES @ THEME PARKS, ETC

-I HATE SEEING MYSELF WHEN I WALK..I CAN SEE MY BELLY & I GET DISGUSTED!

-NOT HAVING TO ASK MY HUSBAND & KIDS IF THEY CAN SEE MY BELLY CUZ I THINK MY SHIRT IS TOO SHORT

I KNOW I HAVE MORE BUT IT JUST ISNT COMING TO ME RIGHT NOW.

I AM SO EXTREMELLY EXCITED TO GET MY SURGERY DONE! I THINK ABOUT IT ALL DAY LONG. IM READY TO BE HEALTHY & HAVE THE REST OF MY LIFE TO LIVE WITH MY FAMILY!:thumbup:

I also want to renew my vows and wear a totally gorgeous wedding dress when Im skinny!

Me too! We got married by a JP in his living room and I wore jeans and a sweater. Our plan was to renew on our 1 year anniversary with a big wedding. January will mark 8 years and I've yet to wear a wedding gown. So, we may possibly do it at 10 years now. Or 15, we are not 100% sure as to when. But 10 seems quite possible now. lol! And we'll have our kids in the wedding too, which I think is gonna be awesome. lol!

Anyway, other things I look forward to, the main thing, having a family picture taken. We've been married almost 8 years and have had 3 kids, I have NO pictures of me when I was pregnant with any of them. I have no pictures of me holding baby minutes after they were born like most my friends do. I have no picture memories of me with them from birth to what age they are now. That's something I will never get back, but at least I can have them in the future soon.

Not having a 2 in front of my dress size.

I'd love to be a single digit size, but I know that will take some time. I'd love to just have a 1 in front.

I'd love to have a 1 in front of my weight as well. Haven't seen that since I was in 6th grade. That's a loooong time ago now. lol!

Having energy to do things with my kids.

Taking them on amusment park rides.

My legs not touching.

Wearing a dress. I own 1 from a wedding 2 years ago and I wore it only that one time so far. I'd like to fit back into it if only for a week and then I'd love for it to be too big. lol!

My list could go on, but those are the big ones I have.

I am 58 years old and my dream when I get down to my goal weight is to put on a wet suit and let my son teach me to scuba dive!

Never thought in a million years...........

But now it seems like a real possibility!