Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Hi,

Please add to me to the list for September 1. Good luck everyone!

cece1967, Congratulation on your Surgery date. and welcome

to looking for September 2010 Bandsters.

Cathy, We see you have a full schedule this week. Just a

few more days and you will be posting I just got Banded,

" That's like music to the ears". When I have my surgery I

will have to stay over night. I don't know if it's the Dr choice

or the in insurance. I had to talk to the insurance to make

sure my Dr was on there plant, and she explain that I will be

staying over night.

Gracerev: I'm in your boat, I do the same thing, if I don't put

things off then I will find something to do, the time goes

faster and my mind is kept busy oh also I won't be on DH back.

PitPa -- Congratulations on your approval and hope you hear about a surgery date soon. That was the worse part of me.

stateofzen -- I am not familiar with a clothes exchange. Is that something local or online?

Cathy

A clothes exchange is just where people trade clothes, perhaps for the cost of shipping. So if I have size 3x to offer up and need 2x, the idea is that I send my clothes to someone else and then get clothes from a third person. It's a nice way to lessen the cost associated with weight loss so that people don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe with every size they go down.

stateofzen congrats on your weight loss so far that is awesome!

Thank you! I just really wanted to get a head start on the surgery and I'm feeling pretty good!

September 28th:thumbup:

I am having surgery sept 8th in st.pete so excited!

I think a clothes exchange sounds like a great idea. I am planning on mainly living in exercise pants and t's for the next year when possible. , but I am still going to need to get clothes. I have a closetfull of great stuff now that I hope to not fit me very soon.

My packet is being sent to Cigna hopefully today or tomorrow. I am praying I get as quick an approval as Cathy did. I can't imagine getting an approval in a couple of days, but if it is less than 2 weeks I'll be happy. If so, I hope to be having my surgery by the end of September. Yeah.

Edited by leeblewb

Hello Septembers'... Well I am on day 3 of my Pre-op diet of Optifast ( 4x a day ) and clear liquids.. So far so good.. The first day I had a pretty bad headache.. but I took Tylenol and went to bed so as not to give in.. chicken broth is my saving grace.. also the broth from Raman Noodles ( and my kids get to eat the noodles so we both make out!! ) Did not think that I would like Black coffee with splenda.. but it ain't that bad.. Oh yeah and for fun I got on the scale... no joke 7 lbs!!!!!!:)

Tonight I have to go to a friends house.. so that might be tough.. but I am going with my SoBe water..

8 days till Sugery!!!!!!!!

My band date is September 23rd. My pre-op is August 25th. I started going to OA and it has really helped me get my head in the right place. I wish there was a band/gastric bypass support group in my area, maybe i will start one...:)

I have a Sept 27 date in Mexico. My insurance wouldn't pay, so I refinanced my house to get the 18,000 my Dr needed- then I couldn't get them to call me back for like 2.5 weeks or me calling ever day. In that time I got a little possessive of the money and couldn't' imagine giving it to people who don't even bother to call back. So I made and appt in Mexico and I can't wait. They've been so nice at OCC and accommodating, and I have money left in case something goes wrong, which I was a little worried about.

Anyway excited and nervous, especially about the preop diet I am starting this week. yikes, on so many accounts. It's also strange to start such a journey with a family, I feel like I'm being selfish with my kids. My husband is very supportive. But I do worry about something going wrong and being so far from home.

Lisa

Bandednellie, You go girl hang in there, when it's my time

I hope to do just as good. 7lbs. that's good

Leeblewb, A clothing exchange does sounds good to me also.

CiCigirl; The hospital were I'll be having my surgery has a

support group, I missed the meeting this pass Saturday,

the one that I did attend I learn so much, they can be very

helpful and encouraging along with the LAP-BAND®®®®®®® SURGERY site.

If you are able to start a group it would be wonderful.

LisaA, Allll! don't worry your husband have you covered. The kids will be OK.

Just think of the reasons why it would be good to have the surgery.

thanks sourmissg, you are right, here is enough to be nervous about.

Our Special Dates: (only 9 more days before our fun begins. We are now in the single digits :))

September 1 - BandedNellie, karmaandkismet, cece1967*

September 2 - rkwilliams1013, Run Girl Run, pooky032281, ahlmanfamily, Loyalfriend

September 3 - Freshstart2010, gracerev, ILUVFOOD

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72, swissnis

September 8 - NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39*

September 9 - Butterfly2010

September 10 - jlr58, MrsFitand42, ally UK

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82*

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl*

September 27 - babyk, LisaA*

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824*

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

wendyhart

PitPat

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

Thanks Banded- Septermber-2010 for keeping up with all of our special dates!

I am still alone on 9-9-2010....come on, someone should get a phone call for an approval!

Have my preop this Friday.....uhhhhhh it is getting closer!

You all are great; keep on posting!

Greetings from NC! :)