Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All july 2009 bandsters

I do not want to discourage anyone, that's for sure. I will give you my update, however, on my journey. I was banded July 09 also, was happy with my weight loss the first year. My port had flipped about 10 months after my surgery, had it corrected. The weight loss slowed down, but I take part ownership of that. Two weeks ago I started having pain under my left rib cage. I thought possibly I had pulled a muscle, so just really didn't do anything about it. It continued for about 5 days, so called my family doctor and went in and had xrays done and an ultra sound. That was on a Friday and was told if pain got worse, got to ER. The pain did increase and went to ER on Monday AM. Test were taken and discovered I had abscess all around my lapband, and the band had eroded into my stomach causing a hole. Surgery scheduled for next day, abscess and lapband completely removed. In hospital for 5 days and now home recovering. It was a complete surprise to me. Mentally, I am going to treat this as if I still had my band. Right now my scales are at the lowest they've been, and I just feel optimistic that I can continue to lose weight. I'm thankful that I went to the hospital in time and didn't delay any longer. I wish all of you the very best, just continue to be aware of your body, and just remember, this isn't anything to play around with.

Omg i'm so sorry to hear this! How are you feeling now? I wish you continued success....and that you feel much better!

Hello everyone,

It has been ages since I have checked in and mainly because I was not really taking care of myself or anything. Its funny how God works. I just went back to my surgeon and got a fill after gaining 20 lbs, joined a bootcamp to start exercising and then I get an email reminding me that people had posted here. I am ready to get back on track and start going down again instead of up! I know I can do this. I still have problems with throwing up but mainly if I eat any type of bread or dry meat. I know that to stay focused I need to check in here. Thanks for the support. It was nice knowing I am not alone in this struggle.

Bobbie- Thanks for the support. I am sorry you have gone through something similar to me at work. We can and will get through this successfully! I know it. We have been through too much not to persevere!

Michelle- I know you can get back on track. Congrats on the boot camp. I wish I had that much motivation to exercise. I am working on it. You aren't alone.

I need to be here. I need the support much more than I realized.

OK, here I am...updating the ticker for the first time in a long time - 10 lbs heavier than it was. I am where I am, and I choose to restart today. No more waiting. No more hoping. I will get in and do the hard work again, and see those pounds go away - forever. I will post weekly with my ticker and more often if I need help. Let's all get this ball rolling. And be sure and share any positive news you have. I need it!

weight.png

sorry, can't get the double post to go away. YOu can tell it's been a while since I was here!

Hi Mary! Just checking in. How are you doing on your restart?

Anyone want to check in?

Omg..i finally went back to the dr for a minor fill. I got a .3 fill...about 2 weeks ago...dont feel a bit of difference. I'm at about 8.9 now, in a 11cc band. I cant seem to get my A** in gear ....I so want to but i've been eating crap and i just need to stop....I got the Wii Zumba disc andi love it, but havent been consistant in it...I'm not ready to admit defeat....sometimes i wish i had the gastric bypass instead, yet i was certain i did not want that and i wanted THIS...the gb scared me...irreversible, several issues with it, etc...but i think...i dunno...i had thought this was the key - andwhen i look at old pics, i CAN see that i've lost, but i had thought i'd lose sooo much more!

I'm gonna keep looking for posts here from my july buddies to see if we can encouage each other forward..not back....I hope you all keep posting..

Finally checking back in. A friend asked me about lapband, as she was considering it for herself. I had to tell her about my failures. I did tell her the good, the bad, and the ugly. She is considering all that while trying to make her decision. Anyway, in talking to her, I realized that I don't have to let this get away from me again. I hadn't had a fill in over a year. I didn't call my doctor's office during that time because it was too hard to get in, and he always wanted to wait forever to get back in. This friend said she had heard they had a new PA doing fills, so I called and got an appointment for the following Friday (yesterday). It was quick & easy. He gave me .5cc, so I am up to 6.3cc.It's too early to tell, but I can already tell a difference in my attitude. I feel empowered again, not helpless.

Not sure how things will go, but I will keep you posted. Let's try to stay in touch. I know I am the world's worst, but I also know it helped me to know others who were going through the same struggles.

I am still here! I have not lost anymore since about 10 months ago. But I am maintaining the 84 lbs I lost, but have to workout every night to keep it that way. I get off track a lot. I do not feel like I need a fill but think I need one the get a sense of power again.

Cheri

I also need to get back on track. I lost about 55 pounds quickly and have been plateaued for a few months mainly because I have slacked off on my exercise and food journal. I accept the challenge to log what I am eating. I have the realize band and it has a great website for keeping track of everything. Starting tonight I will use the website and check in here!

That's unreal, I think I'll start my food journal again, it's the only way to keep me on track

We are getting lost in the crowd. We need to keep communicating with each other. It has slowed way down for me. Lost 68 lbs in my first year . . . wanted more but not giving up.

Lets hear from some more July 2009 bandsters!!!

Cheri

68 lbs that is just amazing, how!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, July 2009 bandster here... Back on this site since about two years ago, and just wanted to let you all know about my journey. I'm posting this same message in other sites to have more readers. It's been three years since my surgery.

In summary, I've lost over 140 pounds in two years, but the past year, I've gained at least one pound a month and it appears there is no stopping soon.

Last year, I weighed about 103-108. Ive gained 10 pounds this past year and am predictably gaining about one pound a month. Every single month.

It all started last fall when I started to overeat, mostly Desserts. The overeating has become usual now, especially at night.

My mind tells me stop! I think about this horror almost all day long, but I just -don't stop. I see my body growing every moment of every day and I fear getting out of bed to start the process over again.

I had lost too much, so when I started to regain most all said, good, you needed to gain. But they don't hear me when I say I am gaining-gaining and im not stopping until I gain all my weight back!

I feel like the desperate lost fat girl of 2009; a person with no chance of peace of mind or a future worthwhile.

What is my next move?