Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern Ontario?

Hi Miss_BiBi and Cjf,

People food is wonderful. :blushing: I've had a few things that were slow going down but nothing has gotten stuck or uncomfortable. Last night after supper I had shoulder pain so I think I ate a bit too much, I should have had half a cob of corn instead of a full one.

Miss Bibi how long were you stuck for? I'm anxious to hear how the scale was for you.

Funny you should ask! I actually timed the discomfort - at least 9 minutes. Then I get on the scale today and I'm up 2 lbs. I'm so bummed about that! Vino is my enemy!!! And I just finished supper (1 small piece of 7 layer salad) and I'm still hungry....:cool2:

Think it's time for me to consider a fill.

pollywogg, you were brave to have corn! Good for you! Looks as though I can't do tuna burgers very well. Must be they're a bit dry. Even with much chewing it is dry going down on its own and makes me hiccup every time afterwards. :tt2:

Edited by Miss_BiBi

Bay Estates

I am in Green Bay... near the OLD garbage dump.

10 minutes away.

I am in Green Bay... near the OLD garbage dump.

10 minutes away.

That is close!!! What a small world!!!

I can't believe how much I ate again today....1300 calories! I think I had better call SWLC and set up a fill. It will only be 3 wks. on Friday and I can only think my band may have slipped. I'm so frustrated...especially gaining 2 lbs. since last Wednesday.

Finally lost another 1/2 lb. since last Thursday. Not as voraciously hungry like a few days ago but have psyched myself up to really make all my calories count to feel full. I have a phone consult on Aug 19 with a nutritionist from SWLC.

I was watching Tommy Europe on the Last 10 Pounds boot camp the other night and the nutritionist on the show told the camper that her 1/2 a glass of wine a day consumption amounts to 10,000 calories/month which = a gain of 3 lbs. a month! That sounds suspiciously like me (before Lap Band)! Never looked at it that way.

Back from the cottage....had a good weekend....only 2 low carb beer and 1 glass of wine. Had roasted chicken drumsticks, fresh green and yellow beans; a scant 1/4 c. potato salad (too heavy). Had a Lean Cuisine panini for supper tonight and 10 seedless grapes. I find my biggest obstacle is not having something to drink after a meal. I really feel like a sip or 2 to wash things down. :)

I was told by a gal with two years under her belt... to drink at least two glasses before you eat to help quench the thirst we have after.. I am a big Water drinker and always drank with my meals... this does help. I had my first fill on Thursday... I am pouty because I am still still stuck at 191.... haven't moved for quite awhile.

I was told by a gal with two years under her belt... to drink at least two glasses before you eat to help quench the thirst we have after.. I am a big Water drinker and always drank with my meals... this does help. I had my first fill on Thursday... I am pouty because I am still still stuck at 191.... haven't moved for quite awhile.

Well, I'm going to try that then! I watch the clock to try and follow the 15/45 rule. The 15 before is ok, it's the 45 minutes after!

Got my stitch out today! The nurses at my dr.'s office are such a cheer leading section LOL!!

So??? Where did you get your fill done? I have a phone consult with a nutritionist from the SWLC on Thursday morning. Did you do that before your fill? They are awful secretive about when I get my first fill! How do you feel? Have you eaten people food yet or are you doing shakes for a bit.

Thought about you this weekend when I was in Sheg! We should get together sometime! I ate better and more cautiously this weekend....wasn't as famished as I was last weekend. The email correspondence I had with the nutritionist made me understand that the swelling is probably gone down which is making me feel more hungry.

Had a phone consult with a nutritionist yesterday from SWLC. My only concern was how dark my urine has been even though drinking at least 36 oz. of water/fluid a day. We'll consult again by phone September 20th.

Haven't had a fill yet....I'll be calling a nurse to set up an appointment for one.

I was surprised to get on the scale this morning to see I've lost a total of 5 lbs. this week. With everyone away still for the summer, it's much easier portion control-wise to toss a PC Blue Menu frozen dinner (which have been on sale for $1.88 each) in the microwave for dinner with a cup of cooked spinach. Different story when at the cottage every weekend. Not that I'm eating badly there, really. I just find I'm still in my bad habit of grazing. :biggrin:

The weekend are just awful for grazing... I didn't gain last weekend though... but I still stuck at 188 so I am going for a fill on Monday it will be my second... I am finding I get hungry before the four hours are up. I have 4cc now. Keep up the good work!!

Congrats, cjf on breaking the 191 mark! I put a call into the nurses @ SWLC on Friday to make arrangements to get a fill done but they didn't call me back.

I'm 2 lbs. away from getting under 200 since April 2008!

The only grazing I did this weekend was on whole wheat Tostitos and hummus. And a couple of low carb beer & a couple glasses of red wine. Ah the Island life!

So you are having trouble feeling full even with a fill? That's discouraging.....:confused:

Hi! I've been away on holidays. I'm happy to report I didn't gain anything while away but I didn't lose anything either. Some nights I wanted to snack but I think I wasn't making my calories count. Now that I'm home and focussing on eating Protein at every meal first I'm doing much better. I love the suggestion about drinking the Water before hand. I'm not drinking as much as I used to when I could drink when ever I wanted. Please let me know how your fills go in Sudbury. My GP (unexperianced in fills) is learning on me and the first attempt didn't go very well. I'm going to give him another try then I may resort to going to Sudbury as well. Are they good?

WB Polly!

So you 2 girls have had fills already. A nurse from SWLC finally got ahold of me & gave me the info on who to contact for fills.

I am very surprised, Polly that your GP is learning on you. I was told that SWLC personally trains everyone they get to do fills on their behalf. Did you call SWLC and let them know your fill didn't go very well? Yikes!! I was told that I already have 3-4 cc in my band already. Didn't know that either!

I had a left-over BBQ'd hamburger patty from the weekend for my luch at work today, but when I was looking for a calorie count for it, all I could find (presuming that it was 5 oz. frozen) was a value of almost 400 calories. Could that really be? Yikes again! :)

Hope your first fill goes well, keep us posted!

Because I'm 12 hours from the clinic and because I'm in the medical field they agreed to let my GP (who is also an anesthesiologist) give it a try. It really should be an easy procedure, we are not quite sure why things don't seem to be working right. SWLC sent him a learning package including a video, the needles and a practice port. If the second attempt tomorrow night doesn't work then I guess I'll have to make the drive. I might try somewhere closer like Sudbury. I'm just a little worried something is wrong with it because it shouldn't be this difficult.

I was told I have 2-3 cc in my band. I have a 10cc band what size is yours?

400 calories does seem a bit high for a hamburger patty. Was it store bought or home made?

Hope your first fill goes well, keep us posted!

Because I'm 12 hours from the clinic and because I'm in the medical field they agreed to let my GP (who is also an anesthesiologist) give it a try. It really should be an easy procedure, we are not quite sure why things don't seem to be working right. SWLC sent him a learning package including a video, the needles and a practice port. If the second attempt tomorrow night doesn't work then I guess I'll have to make the drive. I might try somewhere closer like Sudbury. I'm just a little worried something is wrong with it because it shouldn't be this difficult.

I was told I have 2-3 cc in my band. I have a 10cc band what size is yours?

400 calories does seem a bit high for a hamburger patty. Was it store bought or home made?

I have my fill tomorrow morning at 8:30. Thanks for the good wishes!

Omg, I hope it goes well for you - that's a heck of a drive for all that aggravation.

I was told there were only 2 sizes of bands and that mine was the smaller of the 2 (which didn't tell me anything!)

My burger patties were butcher-shop made and I'm guessing they were 5 oz. each pre-cooked. Doesn't matter anyway. Was PMS-ing last night and ate all 3 for a bedtime snack; not at the same time mind you but over the course of the evening. Chewed them really well, but still got me thinking....it's time for a fill! When I over-eat, it's not really junk, it's just that I get hungry a couple of hours after a meal.

Be sure to post tomorrow nite after your fill and good luuuuuuuuck!!

Hi Girls,

I had my second fill Aug 23 up to 6cc. This time I get full quickly a cup size does it. And now I don't get hungry for about the 4 hour mark. Polly FYI when I had my first fill

I was very uptight and it didn't go well at all. But the second one no trouble at all. She is good and I would recommenf her if you decide to drive to Sudbury, she is an emerg RN and had a band also. I was stuck at 188 for awhile and it started to move now at 186:rolleyes:. Almost 30lb.

I try to eat alot of Protein first, I have also bought lean cuisines for when supper is a bust. Then I know the exact amount of calories I am consuming. I have a tough time around 3pm until supper and I always have.:(