Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Looking for recipes. Help I am afraid of failing my band.

Hi. I am a mother of 3 girls ages 15, 10 & 10. I have a wonderful husband (soon to be 18 year anniversay) who never has to worry about his weight and LOVES to exercise!! I on the other hand have to always worry about what I eat and HATE to exercise. I was banded 3-6-09. I started out at 279lbs and I am currently at 197lbs. I have not lost any weight in months. I would love to lose 47lbs. and keep it off.

I have a problems coming up with foods that I can eat that I like. I understand that I need to eat foods that are not as tasty as I would like, but my problems is that I can't MAKE myself drink the Protein Drinks. I SO thought I would be able to once I had the surgery, but I can't seem to do it. I try to eat foods high in Protein, but I don't get enough because I stay hungry. I have started eating slider foods and I am so disappointed in myself. I would love some support from others who have had the same problems and overcame them.

I felt that I had really researched the band before I had the surgery and yet I find I still have questions.

If anyone would like to be my buddy/mentor or just want to share some recipes I would love your help.

Hi. I am a mother of 3 girls ages 15, 10 & 10. I have a wonderful husband (soon to be 18 year anniversay) who never has to worry about his weight and LOVES to exercise!! I on the other hand have to always worry about what I eat and HATE to exercise. I was banded 3-6-09. I started out at 279lbs and I am currently at 197lbs. I have not lost any weight in months. I would love to lose 47lbs. and keep it off.

I have a problems coming up with foods that I can eat that I like. I understand that I need to eat foods that are not as tasty as I would like, but my problems is that I can't MAKE myself drink the Protein drinks. I SO thought I would be able to once I had the surgery, but I can't seem to do it. I try to eat foods high in Protein, but I don't get enough because I stay hungry. I have started eating slider foods and I am so disappointed in myself. I would love some support from others who have had the same problems and overcame them.

I felt that I had really researched the band before I had the surgery and yet I find I still have questions.

If anyone would like to be my buddy/mentor or just want to share some recipes I would love your help.

Hi:

First of all congratulations on your loss to date! You have done an awesome job. The weight you are at right now is a place where people frequently plateau and have to assess just how much weight they REALLY want to lose and what they are willing to do to achieve their goals. so, from the sound of it, you are right where you should be. Don't be disappointed in yourself. Even 6+ years post op I still have questions come up. I would like to suggest you assess whether or not you may need a fill- that will require you making an appointment with your surgeon's office. Are you ready to do that? Also, see if you can have an appointment with their dietician or nutritionist at the same time. You may want to journal what you eat for a week so everyone (including you) can get a handle on what you like to eat and perhaps help you design a program thatcan get you kick started- and it doesn't have to include Protein Drinks (yuchh@!)

Take a look at the following article on the Banded Living website and see if it might have some useful information for you: http://http://www.bandedliving.com/public/Lap_Band_quotRulesquot_Or_How_I_Use_My_Tool.cfm

I'll be happy to share ideas, recipes, etc weith you. You can send me a PM or email me directly .

I totally understand how you feel. I too am in the same boat. My hubby can eat anything and so can my 2 kids.

47 pounds is great. I think Sandi is right and you are going to have to look at maybe another fill or journal. I know until this last fill (last Friday) it felt like a stand still but that scale finally budged and yippee it is great feeling.

My doc doesn't want me to drink my protein- he would rather I eat solids. What do you like to eat- maybe we could help coming up with some recipes. I have been on a chicken kick lately. I love to grill out but sometimes it does make it dry- so I may cook it in the over and then the last couple of minutes throw it on the grill to give it the grilled flavor.

Good luck.

Thanks Ladies.

I started a jounal a few days ago. I thought I would give that a try. I have an appt. to see my doctor next month. I am afraid of getting another fill though. The last fill was too tight and I live 2 1/2 hours away. I don't want to go thru that again, but I want to stay on track. My other worry is that I may be at my limit already. I have a 10cc band and I have 9.7cc in already. I am not sure how that works. When I asked at the beginning I was told I would always be able to get fills. Where does it go? Does it evaporate? That my be a stupid question, but I can't imagine how I can continue to get fills. I was pleased with that answer when I asked before surgery. After having my band to tight and not being able to just go back to have it removed I am now questioning it. How does the doctor know if it is full? I would like to know so that I could ask and not have to come back home before I know if it is to full. Also, I will be so disappointed if this is as far as I can go with fills. I'm not ready to lose the help of the band.

Moving on...

I am a carb and sweet eater so that may be why I have such a hard time with getting enough Protein. I crave what I can't have...

I like cheese, chicken, turkey, and most all vegetables. I struggle with the protien supplements. Struggle as in I can't make myself use them. I keep trying and I keep wasting my money.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. High protien foods and anything that would curb a sweet craving.