Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had Twins and now need to get back in the banding world! NEED HELP

Hi all...Its been a long time since I talk about my banding...

I lost around 86lbs, PCOS was under control, getting my period on my own and was soo much happy then. I know I should not say that until you hear what in the hell I went through.

We tryed for 8 months to have a baby and last May we had IVF and Bam TWINS....Oh God! Bedside the hell the doctors offices making me crazy and I was put on bed rest at 22weeks and gave birth at 25 weeks! Thats right 25 weeks. I had a boy and girl. Christopher was 1.9lbs and Jenna was 1.4lbs. It was hell back and forwth to the hospital and the unknown. My son almost did not make it; but we had faith. 4 months in the hospital and they came home; they are beauitful and full of life. wonderful as can be; GOD was very good to us and blessed us with these 2 little joys.

Now its time for me to get back into the swing of things again. I gained 57lbs back not just from the pregnancy, just stress. I only gained 21lbs with it, not bad.

I am just asked for some support on how to get back into everything again , exersieing, eating right and trying to stay forcused with 2 little 9months olds. I just went back for a fill and now have 2cc in and still hungry and no weight loss; and the worse part I just found out I only have a 4cc band. So now if these dont not work then I need a new one! GREAT........I am not happy and I dont want to get that far, so please anyone with there stories or was of doing things please let me know! Ann Marie:thumbup:

I'm sorry for your troubles during your pregnancy. I'm glad to hear that your children are doing well. I haven't had my children yet, but I just wanted to peek in and say congratulations on your twins. I hope someone can come in and help you out.

First off Congrats on your twins!!! I had struggled with fertility issues like you and that in itself is very stressful let alone having twins at 25 weeks...you are a very strong woman and I commend you on that..

As far as getting back on track I know it can be hard having two 9 month olds crawling all over the house...I have also heard that the first fill after pregnancy doesn't always take or take that quick...I would wait it out a little bit and teach yourself again what your suppose to eat and the correct amount...Also you might want to consider going on a liquid only diet (if your not breastfeeding) and see about getting your hunger and stomach back in control...I know with my doctor after a fill I am to be on a liquid diet for 3 days and if I notice that after then if I start to get hungry I put myself back on one to shrink my stomach down..if that doesn't work maybe you should go back in for a little more fill even though you have a 4cc band..I have just a little over 3cc's in my 4cc band and I am still pregnant but I haven't had any issues..I would try to work with your band and relearn it..things might have changed since you were pregnant..your hormones, eating habits and so on...

Life savers for me are Protein shakes in the morning, I get the generic ones from Walmart and drink one every morning they hold me off for a few hours..I think everyone is different and it just depends on your body..I never was someone that watched my diet with the band..just adjusting the portion on food intake helped me lose the weight and thankfully for me I can eat everything, nothing gets stuck..I hope you can get back on track and lose the unwanted weight you want gone...good luck and of course we are always here for you for support..:) congrats again!!!

Congrats on your twins and for having such preemies. I can only imagine the stress that you went through. I am also pregnant with twins, have pcos, and went through fertility treatments. Although, this is baby #3&4 for us.

Good luck on getting back in touch with your band. I am getting so use to eating like I did before, that I know getting my fills again is going to be rough.