Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Available Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Looking For New Friends

Hey Lisa A, just keep chugging along with lowering your calories some and some kind of exercise and you will get there. It took me almost 2 yrs to make this decision and I too am always scared to go under during surgery, it is such a black place to be and no memory except to wake up in pain.

Here's something I learned today, I have had two of those Unjury Protein Shakes one today and one yesterday, I had been putting them in the blender with ice and that puts alot of air in them, so frothy and lovely, BUT sure adds air and then I have suffered with gas and some pressure, had to take the gas x and walk, I will not do this anymore, I have a shaker coming in the mail and will just shake to avoid that added air. Those shakes are pretty good for what it is but they make me feel so darn full!:)

Hey Lisa A, just keep chugging along with lowering your calories some and some kind of exercise and you will get there. It took me almost 2 yrs to make this decision and I too am always scared to go under during surgery, it is such a black place to be and no memory except to wake up in pain.

Here's something I learned today, I have had two of those unjury Protein shakes one today and one yesterday, I had been putting them in the blender with ice and that puts alot of air in them, so frothy and lovely, BUT sure adds air and then I have suffered with gas and some pressure, had to take the gas x and walk, I will not do this anymore, I have a shaker coming in the mail and will just shake to avoid that added air. Those shakes are pretty good for what it is but they make me feel so darn full!:)

Ohhhh thanks for the info on the shakes!! I've started having them for Breakfast, and feel like I've eaten an entire cheesecake!! Maybe I won't put so much air in them....

Welcome everyone!!

My name is Billie. I'm from Houston, TX. I'm having my surgery on September 17th. Already I am eating like a pig, trying to get all of my favorite meals out of the way before hand!! My husbands on the loosing side, because he will no longer have home cooked meals everyday! Cereal here he comes! But then again he doesn't have weight issues (lucky)! But overall, your posts are pretty entertaining and make me feel like I'm not alone... Its gonna be one tuff journey, but we'll make it kicking & screaming! =)

Oh yea, I'm completely lost on this site as well, so ofcourse feel free to contact me, because I have no clue how to get back here! ha..

My name is Billie. I'm from Houston, TX. I'm having my surgery on September 17th. Already I am eating like a pig, trying to get all of my favorite meals out of the way before hand!! My husbands on the loosing side, because he will no longer have home cooked meals everyday! Cereal here he comes! But then again he doesn't have weight issues (lucky)! But overall, your posts are pretty entertaining and make me feel like I'm not alone... Its gonna be one tuff journey, but we'll make it kicking & screaming! =)

Hey Billie!!

Welcome to this site! It's HUGE on information and I love reading from folks who have been banded, are hopefully getting banded (like me) and from folks like you who are about to get banded!! And you're RIGHT!! We'll make it - because we're NOT alone!!

Don't worry about getting lost on here - I'll find you!!

Hello, I was banded on the 16th and doing well, def a challenge last wk with pain/gas and this wk just pain, but I am back at work taking it day by day....what is wierd is the concept of eating something and then being full, how strange is that.

Me too, Gabwil, i amd awestruck by how little I need to eat to be full, 1/3 to 1/2 cup,still on week two mine was on aug 17th. I am doing very well healing nicely and I guess i am in the honeymoon phase and so excited to get on with it. I am back to work on Monday the 30th. take care all!

Hello my name is Kim,and I was banded a week ago,and let me tell you it is very hard.I have lost 31 lbs even before the surgery,so I know I can do it.I just need some friends out there that will help push me throgh the hard times.:(

wow 31 pds, how long were u on preop? I only lost 12 for my two wk preop, how are you feeling? I was banded on the 16th so a wk and 1/2 ago, finally feeling better but I still have pain at the port site, when I sneeze and when i get up and down. Still don't feel normal yet. I took one wk off from work and that may not have been enough, r u still in pain?

wow 31 pds, how long were u on preop? I only lost 12 for my two wk preop, how are you feeling? I was banded on the 16th so a wk and 1/2 ago, finally feeling better but I still have pain at the port site, when I sneeze and when i get up and down. Still don't feel normal yet. I took one wk off from work and that may not have been enough, r u still in pain?

i was on pre op for a month,i am feeling good.i was banded on the 17thmand no pain.

omg.. I can't believe it takes that long to heal. My doctor told me I should be back to work in 2-3 days as long as I have a desk job. My surgery is scheduled for a Friday, and Monday morning I go back to work! Hope I can handle it!!... Also is there a weight limit for picking stuff up? I'm a little concerned on picking up my son for school and putting him in his car seat.. He's two, but weighs atleast 35lbs...He's my quarterback!

Hello my name is tasha I haven't gotten a date yet for my surgrey Iam in the process of getting everything done now. I would love to here some of your stories i need someone to talk to about this that has been through it or is in the process like me.

Hi Tasha! We are in the same time frame I think. You can talk to me I've met some really nice people on the LBT. It is a process let me tell you, it does not go fast either. My seminar was the 18th of August then I have to go to a Group meeting. Then my paper work will be ready to be submitted. I also have to write down what I eat everyday for a week. I guess that's to help me get ready for writing things. The group meeting is next Tuesday. Please keep in touch or add me as a friend. Good luck sweetie! Wendy

omg.. I can't believe it takes that long to heal. My doctor told me I should be back to work in 2-3 days as long as I have a desk job. My surgery is scheduled for a Friday, and Monday morning I go back to work! Hope I can handle it!!... Also is there a weight limit for picking stuff up? I'm a little concerned on picking up my son for school and putting him in his car seat.. He's two, but weighs atleast 35lbs...He's my quarterback!

Miss Rea, I went to my seminar and they told me I would have no weight restriction on picking anything up. I hope he understood me because I also take my granddaughter to daycare and have to put her in a carseat. I drive a big pick-up and I will have to at least lift her into the truck. I was thinking I will take my daughter with me for awhile but now she is talking about the Navy (Military) sooooo, IDK. I will have my granddaughter for at least a few months alone then. OMG!! Let me know please everyone what your Dr said. Thanks, Wendy

Hey Everyone! I'm back!! I did get banded on September 17, 2010. It was definately an experience. At first I wasn't too excited, I asked myself why I would put myself through this willingly, but every day it gets easier! I'm thrilled and I can't wait to start loosing more weight with everyone. Down 13 lbs so far! =)

hi all, I lost this thread for a while, I was banded on the 27, still on fluids, so hungry, I keep making Soup for my family so that I can steal the broth. today I get to have drinkable yogurt, Kefir never tasted so good. I get starving, and I drink a little and feel full. strange. I also keep forgetting to take my Vitamins? ???

anyway, we are all banded, pretty wild, I love hearing you all's stories.

Lisa