Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slipped band???????

Guest raslburch

Guest raslburch

Hi everyone this is my first time posting!!

I go to the Doctor Dec. 8th to see whats going on with my band.

I think I have a leak in my port or tubing.

The Doctor says It could be a leak or slippage.

My last fill was Oct. 14th. I had great restriction until Nov. 11th. It was all of a sudden gone. No pain, no acid reflux. Just no restriction.

I think this is what happened to me in July also.

What are the signs of a leak?

What are the signs of a slip?

Staci

banded July 1, 2004

278/216/160

A sudden lack of restriction can be lots of things - from what I have read here. It could just be that your stress level has changed or you are on your period.

Do get it checked - but don't panic. Hopefully, some of the experienced bandsters will chime in.

:]

I just had the same problem happen, I could only get down like half of a grilled chicken sandwich at most in any meal and now its like the difference from one day to another. I still have restriction, but nothing like it was. I was able to eat an entire grilled chicken sandwich for lunch. This has been going on since Thanksgiving day when I surprised myself by getting down all sorts of things I haven't been able to eat since my last fill on Oct 3rd, like a roll. I have had no other problems like reflux or pain. I have lost 22 pounds since my last fill so I wonder if We have just lost some fat around our stomachs and the band has loosend? I just can't imagine it would be so night and day after 1 day. Let me know what your doc says please, because I won't have time off until after the new year for my endo.

Thansk, kim

I have a leak... I have NO restriction. And the last time I went in for a fill I was sure I had 2.2ccs but he only took out 1.4cc then he poked and poked I could hear it grind on the port.. anyway... he put in a full 3ccs nothing... he put another 3ccs nothing... he pulled out .5ccs opps.... a leak... thats how i knew

Guest raslburch

Thanks everyone for your help!

I guess I'm just worried about slippage.

I know Its not that time of the month thing because Ive had NO restriction for a month now.

I hope it's fat that would be nice!!

I will just think positive!

Thanks again for your help!!

Staci

the same day of surgery i felt like a pill was stuck in my chest...i felt this was until day 6.....today is day 7 & im really not feeling much of anything ........could this be my liquid diet...it doesnt fill me up & my swelling might have gone down ...or maybe there could be something wrong at this early stage?????????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches