Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"god" wants me, needs me, shows me....

Santa is a fictional charachter that adults made up for their children. When they reach school age, it is figured out that it is fictional fun. God, on the other hand, is very, very real and adults from all over the world, 88% of the people for that matter, (America 95%), believe in Him. You are a minority in this world. I find it facinating that such a huge percentage of people in the world believe in God, yet those who don't, feel that they are the ones with the wisdom, and the rest of us living here are dilusional. How is it that sooooo many of us are duped and you're not??:rolleyes2:

I was reading this the other day and was wondering,(I have to do this secretively, my 7 yr old is in the room and I dont want him to read this, he still believes!)but he still believes in Santa. When he finally finds out and Im sure it wont be long(he has a 9 yr old friend across the street)why would he believe in Jesus at that point? I know I do and did when I found out and Im sure he will, it was just a thought. My kids go to a Catholic school so Im sure it will be ok. He's going to find out about Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Ferry, why will he still believe in Jesus?

I was reading this the other day and was wondering,(I have to do this secretively, my 7 yr old is in the room and I dont want him to read this, he still believes!)but he still believes in Santa. When he finally finds out and Im sure it wont be long(he has a 9 yr old friend across the street)why would he believe in Jesus at that point? I know I do and did when I found out and Im sure he will, it was just a thought. My kids go to a Catholic school so Im sure it will be ok. He's going to find out about Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Ferry, why will he still believe in Jesus?

Bob, funny that you mention this.

I remember believing in Santa but I can't recall ever believing in god. :rolleyes2:

I've read your posts for a very long time. You often prove my point when you are aren't trying to. You've done it again for all to see if they are paying any attention. Interestingly, you don't get it.

What kind of adult believes in this crap?

A very , very high percentage (over 75%) of Americans do.

You have no clue how disturbing this is to me and the other sane, freethinkers out here.

I agree

And what makes it worse is that this kind of insanity is actually encouraged at the highest levels.

You have no clue how disturbing this is to me and the other sane, freethinkers out here.

Why would anyone having a belief in a creator be disturbing to you? If there is a painting, there is an artist. Right? What is so hard to believe. Is it easier for you to believe that you just happened by chance? A big bang and all of a sudden you're here? And so perfectly made? So intricate? So wonderous?

We are not a painting. We're living, breathing creatures that have evolved. If there was a big bang, it merely started the evolution of things to come. People take the Bible too literally. That is not to say that God doesn't exist. But if we are to be intelligent creatures, ever evolving to a higher level, we must realize that science and nature are a fact of life and unless we choose to mentally live in the dark ages, we must be constantly learning and growing and adapting to our environment.

We are not a painting. We're living, breathing creatures that have evolved. If there was a big bang, it merely started the evolution of things to come. People take the Bible too literally. That is not to say that God doesn't exist. But if we are to be intelligent creatures, ever evolving to a higher level, we must realize that science and nature are a fact of life and unless we choose to mentally live in the dark ages, we must be constantly learning and growing and adapting to our environment.

clearline.gifScience and the Bible

bar2.jpg

bar1.jpgclearline.gifThe Bible is not a science book, yet it is scientifically accurate. We are not aware of any scientific evidence that contradicts the Bible. We have listed statements on this page that are consistent with known scientific facts. Many of them were listed in the Bible hundreds or even thousands of years before being recorded elsewhere. Many concepts and notes on this page are adapted from ideas and statements that appear in The DEFENDER’S Study Bible.[1]

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Paleontology

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Astronomy

• The Bible frequently refers to the great number of stars in the heavens. Here are two examples.
    1. Genesis 22:17
      Blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.

1. Jeremiah 33:22
      “As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured, so will I multiply the descendants of David My servant and the Levites who minister to Me.”

Even today, scientists admit that they do not know how many stars there are. Only about 3,000 can be seen with the naked eye. We have seen estimates of 1021 stars—which is a lot of stars.[2] (The number of grains of sand on the earth’s seashores is estimated to be 1025. As scientists discover more stars, wouldn’t it be interesting to discover that these two numbers match?)

[*]The Bible also says that each star is unique.

1. 1 Corinthians 15:41
      There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.

All stars look alike to the naked eye.* Even when seen through a telescope, they seem to be just points of light. However, analysis of their light spectra reveals that each is unique and different from all others.[1] (*Note: We understand that people can perceive some slight difference in color and apparent brightness when looking at stars with the naked eye, but we would not expect a person living in the first century A.D. to claim they differ from one another.)

[*]The Bible describes the precision of movement in the universe.

1. Jeremiah 31:35,36
      Thus says the LORD,
      Who gives the sun for a light by day,
      The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night,
      Who disturbs the sea,
      And its waves roar
      (The LORD of hosts is His name):
      “If those ordinances depart
      From before Me, says the LORD,
      Then the seed of Israel shall also cease
      From being a nation before Me forever.”

[*]The Bible describes the suspension of the Earth in space.

1. Job 26:7
      He stretches out the north over empty space;
      He hangs the earth on nothing.

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Meteorology

• The Bible describes the circulation of the atmosphere.
    1. Ecclesiastes 1:6
      The wind goes toward the south,
      And turns around to the north;
      The wind whirls about continually,
      And comes again on its circuit.

[*]The Bible includes some principles of Fluid dynamics.

1. Job 28:25
      To establish a weight for the wind,
      And apportion the waters by measure.

The fact that air has weight was proven scientifically only about 300 years ago. The relative weights of air and Water are needed for the efficient functioning of the world’s hydrologic cycle, which in turn sustains life on the earth.[1] (If you are a physics enthusiast, please ignore our omission of the terms mass, gravity, and density from this comment.)

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Biology

• The book of Leviticus (written prior to 1400 BC) describes the value of blood.
    1. Leviticus 17:11
      ‘For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’

The blood carries Water and nourishment to every cell, maintains the body’s temperature, and removes the waste material of the body’s cells. The blood also carries oxygen from the lungs throughout the body. In 1616, William Harvey discovered that blood circulation is the key factor in physical life—confirming what the Bible revealed 3,000 years earlier.[1]

[*]The Bible describes biogenesis (the development of living organisms from other living organisms) and the stability of each kind of living organism.

1. Genesis 1:11,12
      Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

1. Genesis 1:21
      So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

1. Genesis 1:25
      And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

The phrase “according to its kind” occurs repeatedly, stressing the reproductive integrity of each kind of animal and plant. Today we know this occurs because all of these reproductive systems are programmed by their genetic codes.[1]

[*]The Bible describes the chemical nature of flesh.

1. Genesis 2:7
      And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

1. Genesis 3:19
      In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
      Till you return to the ground,
      For out of it you were taken;
      For dust you are,
      And to dust you shall return.

[*]It is a proven fact that a person’s mental and spiritual health is strongly correlated with physical health.[1] The Bible revealed this to us with these statements (and others) written by King Solomon about 950 BC.

1. Proverbs 12:4
      An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,
      But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.

1. Proverbs 14:30
      A sound heart is life to the body,
      But envy is rottenness to the bones.

1. Proverbs 15:30
      The light of the eyes rejoices the heart,
      And a good report makes the bones healthy.

1. Proverbs 16:24
      Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
      Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

1. Proverbs 17:22
      A merry heart does good, like medicine,
      But a broken spirit dries the bones.

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Anthropology

• We have cave paintings and other evidence that people inhabited caves. The Bible also describes cave men.
    1. Job 30:5,6
      They were driven out from among men,
      They shouted at them as at a thief.
      They had to live in the clefts of the valleys,
      In caves of the earth and the rocks.

Note that these were not ape-men, but descendants of those who scattered from Babel. They were driven from the community by those tribes who competed successfully for the more desirable regions of the earth. Then for some reason they deteriorated mentally, physically, and spiritually.[1] (Go into a bad part of your town and you will see this concept in action today.)

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Hydrology

• The bible includes reasonably complete descriptions of the hydrologic cycle.[3]
    1. Psalm 135:7
      He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth;
      He makes lightning for the rain;
      He brings the wind out of His treasuries.

1. Jeremiah 10:13
      When He utters His voice,
      There is a multitude of waters in the heavens:
      “And He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth.
      He makes lightning for the rain,
      He brings the wind out of His treasuries.”

In these verses you can see several phases of the hydrologic cycle—the worldwide processes of evaporation, translation aloft by atmospheric circulation, condensation with electrical discharges, and precipitation.[1]

1. Job 36:27-29
      For He draws up drops of water,
      Which distill as rain from the mist,
      Which the clouds drop down
      And pour abundantly on man.
      Indeed, can anyone understand the spreading of clouds,
      The thunder from His canopy?

This simple verse has remarkable scientific insight. The drops of water which eventually pour down as rain first become vapor and then condense to tiny liquid water droplets in the clouds. These finally coalesce into drops large enough to overcome the updrafts that suspend them in the air.[1]

[*]The Bible describes the recirculation of water.

1. Ecclesiastes 1:7
      All the rivers run into the sea,
      Yet the sea is not full;
      To the place from which the rivers come,
      There they return again.

1. Isaiah 55:10
      For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
      And do not return there,
      But water the earth,
      And make it bring forth and bud,
      That it may give seed to the sower
      And bread to the eater,

[*]The Bible refers to the surprising amount of water that can be held as condensation in clouds.

1. Job 26:8
      He binds up the water in His thick clouds,
      Yet the clouds are not broken under it.

1. Job 37:11
      Also with moisture He saturates the thick clouds;
      He scatters His bright clouds.

[*]Hydrothermal vents[4] are described in two books of the Bible written before 1400BC—more than 3,000 years before their discovery by science.

1. Genesis 7:11
      In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

1. Job 38:16
      Have you entered the springs of the sea?
      Or have you walked in search of the depths?

We discuss the “fountains of the great deep” further in our Creation Versus Evolution page.

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Geology

• The Bible describes the Earth’s crust (along with a comment on astronomy).
    1. Jeremiah 31:37
      Thus says the LORD:
      “If heaven above can be measured,
      And the foundations of the earth searched out beneath,
      I will also cast off all the seed of Israel
      For all that they have done, says the LORD.”

Although some scientists claim that they have now measured the size of the universe, it is interesting to note that every human attempt to drill through the earth’s crust to the plastic mantle beneath has, thus far, ended in failure.[1]

[*]The Bible described the shape of the earth centuries before people thought that the earth was spherical.

1. Isaiah 40:22
      It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
      And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
      Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
      And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

The word translated “circle” here is the Hebrew word chuwg which is also translated “circuit,” or “compass” (depending on the context). That is, it indicates something spherical, rounded, or arched—not something that is flat or square.

The book of Isaiah was written sometime between 740 and 680 BC. This is at least 300 years before Aristotle suggested that the earth might be a sphere in this book On the Heavens.

This brings up an important historical note related to this topic. Many people are aware of the conflict between Galileo and the Roman Catholic Pope, Paul V. After publishing A Dialogue on the Two Principal Systems of the World, Galileo was summoned to Rome, where he was forced to renounce his findings. (At that time, “theologians” of the Roman Catholic Church maintained that the Earth was the center of the universe, and to assert otherwise was deemed heretical.)

We could not find any place in the Bible that claims that the Earth is flat, or that it is the center of the universe. History shows that this conflict, which took place at the time of the Inquisition, was part of a power struggle. As a result, scientific and biblical knowledge became casualties—an effect we still feel to this day.

ball2.jpg Statements Consistent With Physics

• The Bible suggests the presence of nuclear processes like those we associate with nuclear weaponry. This is certainly not something that could have been explained in 67 AD using known scientific principles (when Peter wrote the following verse).
    1. 2 Peter 3:10
      But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

[*]The television is a practical (if not always worthwhile smile.gif ) device that uses electromagnetic waves (which transmit its video signal). The Bible contains passages that describe something like television—something that allows everyone on earth see a single event. (Note: such passages typically refer to the end of time. It may not be long before all of us learn for sure whether the Bible is true or not.)

1. Matthew 24:30
      Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1. Revelation 11:9-11
      Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.

Things In The Bible That Science Can Not Explain

The purpose of this page is not to explain what a great science text the Bible is, but to show that it is consistent with scientific facts. Still, the Bible mentions some things that we can not explain. Yet, if God is really God, He should have the ability to do some things we can not explain.

In the last 100 years (and especially in the last ten) scientists discovered many proofs that confirm the Bible’s accuracy. Since these proofs support the accuracy of the text we can understand scientifically, it makes sense to trust the Bible’s text that we can not yet understand. (For example, how many people knew what hydrothermal vents were 30 years ago?)

When Did Dinosaurs Live?

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago. However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists’ story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old.No proof? Are you kidding me? What about carbon dating and all the other scientific dating mechanisms? Proof. Not disputed. Accepted by mainstream science. WOW! No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view. As opposed to those of you who ignore and deny science to fit into your religious views.

Other scientists, called creation scientists, have a different idea about when dinosaurs lived. They believe they can solve any of the supposed dinosaur mysteries and show how the evidence fits wonderfully with their ideas about the past, beliefs that come from the Bible.

The Bible, God’s very special book (or collection of books, really), claims that each writer was supernaturally inspired to write exactly what the Creator of all things wanted him to write down for us so that we can know where we (and dinosaurs) came from, why we are here, and what our future will be. The first book in the Bible—Genesis—teaches us many things about how the universe and life came into existence. Genesis tells us that God created everything—the Earth, stars, sun, moon, plants, animals, and the first two people.

Although the Bible does not tell us exactly how long ago it was that God made the world and its creatures, we can make a good estimate of the date of creation by reading through the Bible and noting some interesting passages:

1. God made everything in six days. He did this, by the way, to set a pattern for mankind, which has become our seven day week (as described in Exodus 20:11). God worked for six days and rested for one, as a model for us. Furthermore, Bible scholars will tell you that the Hebrew word for day used in Genesis 1, can only mean an ordinary day in this context.
  2. We are told God created the first man and woman—Adam and Eve—on Day Six. Many facts about when their children and their children’s children were born are given in Genesis. These genealogies are recorded throughout the Old Testament, up until the time of Christ. They certainly were not chronologies lasting millions of years.

As you add up all of the dates, and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth almost 2000 years ago, we come to the conclusion that the creation of the Earth and animals (including the dinosaurs) occurred only thousands of years ago (perhaps only 6000!), not millions of years. I laughed out loud at this one. Again. WOW. Just dismiss all the scientific evidence to the contrary. I guess the Egyptians rode the dinosaurs. Maybe that's how they built the pyramids. With T-Rex's help. Thus, if the Bible is right (and it is!), dinosaurs must have lived within the past thousands of years.

I found this on some right wing religious site (answersingeneis.org) and WOW. How can so many pieces of religious propoganda and lies be contained in one article? At least it gave me a good laugh.

Hey, pattygreen, did they get their interpretation of the bible right?

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Hey, pattygreen, did they get their interpretation of the bible right? [end]

To be honest with you, even though I copied and pasted this scientific info, I am not in agreement with the portion about dinosuars written by them. I believe that the bible teaches in Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. (Whenever that was. Just the Heavens and the Earth. As far as I'm concerned, it was "in the beginning." It could have been millions or billions of years ago, and dinosuars obviously were part of something that He had created to live on the Earth at one point in time.) verse 2: And NOW the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (This next verse speaks about NOW. Now it was formless and empty. God was going to do something new with the earth, that was already here, and He goes on to talk about how He began to create the sun and the stars and the animals and humans.)

I believe in pre-adamite times. One of the reasons for my belief is that when God created Adam and Eve, he told them to go forth and RE-plenish the earth. This is what he told Noah to do after he left the ark after the great flood. If there was nothing on this Earth before Adam and Eve were created, why would God tell them to RE-plenish it? So, the earth is more than 6000 years old, but human beings are not. The bible just needs to be read. It has the answers. Many Christians believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old, but they have not read what God says about it in the bible. Science does not contradict the bible, even though it may contradict what some people "say" is in the bible.

Hey, pattygreen, did they get their interpretation of the bible right? [end]

To be honest with you, even though I copied and pasted this scientific info, I am not in agreement with the portion about dinosuars written by them. I believe that the bible teaches in Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. (Whenever that was. Just the Heavens and the Earth. As far as I'm concerned, it was "in the beginning." It could have been millions or billions of years ago, and dinosuars obviously were part of something that He had created to live on the Earth at one point in time.) verse 2: And NOW the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (This next verse speaks about NOW. Now it was formless and empty. God was going to do something new with the earth, that was already here, and He goes on to talk about how He began to create the sun and the stars and the animals and humans.)

I believe in pre-adamite times. One of the reasons for my belief is that when God created Adam and Eve, he told them to go forth and RE-plenish the earth. This is what he told Noah to do after he left the ark after the great flood. If there was nothing on this Earth before Adam and Eve were created, why would God tell them to RE-plenish it? So, the earth is more than 6000 years old, but human beings are not. The bible just needs to be read. It has the answers. Many Christians believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old, but they have not read what God says about it in the bible. Science does not contradict the bible, even though it may contradict what some people "say" is in the bible.

160,000-year-old fossilized skulls uncovered in Ethiopia are oldest anatomically modern humans

Robert Sanders | 11 June 2003

BERKELEY - The fossilized skulls of two adults and one child discovered in the Afar region of eastern Ethiopia have been dated at 160,000 years, making them the oldest known fossils of modern humans, or Homo sapiens.

HsapiensAdultArtCutaFE_med.jpg

Image © J. Matternes camera_12.gifFlash slideshow: The first Homo sapiens

The skulls, dug up near a village called Herto, fill a major gap in the human fossil record, an era at the dawn of modern humans when the facial features and brain cases we recognize today as human first appeared.

The fossils date precisely from the time when biologists using genes to chart human evolution predicted that a genetic "Eve" lived somewhere in Africa and gave rise to all modern humans.

"We've lacked intermediate fossils between pre-humans and modern humans, between 100,000 and 300,000 years ago, and that's where the Herto fossils fit," said paleoanthropologist Tim White, professor of integrative biology at the University of California, Berkeley, and a co-leader of the team that excavated and analyzed the discovery site. "Now, the fossil record meshes with the molecular evidence."

This is the complaint that I have about those who start with a biblical premise (creationism) and then have to reject anything that doesn't support that - in this case the scientific evidence. I am not going to engage in a long drawn out debate with you posting all your biblical quotes.

I will believe the scientific evidence as to the age of the earth and humans. Period.

One of the most telling sentences in the propaganda you posted, patty, is the one that says even though science and the Bible are consistent there are many things we don't understand. Well, if that is true why do you and others insist that you do know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? And btw, as Cleo's pointed out the Bible and science are quite contradictory in places. You can't explain the contradictions so you choose to believe one way only.

And interestingly and annoyingly, you did not post the source of your original text and as usual one might believe that you were the source of part of the writings. Then when Cleo's pointed out the innaccuracy of some of it, you claim you don't agree with part of it. You're a mess.

It has been proven scientifically that the human remains found that you speak of do NOT have the same kind of Human DNA that humans have today. They are a different species altogether. Is it possible that at one time God created other beings to live on this earth before Adam and Eve? I believe it is. He created Dinosaurs at one time to roam this earth and then he wiped them all out in a day, why not other beings? All I know is that The earth and the Heavens were created in the beginning (whenever that was) just as God says in his word. Adam and Eve were created approx. 6000 years ago. What was on this earth before them, I do not know. (except for what science has uncovered. Dinosaurs, etc.) Also carbon dating is only accurate for up to a few thousand years. Read this article about it.

Is carbon dating accurate?

Is carbon dating accurate? Only to a certain extent. In order for carbon dating to be accurate, we must know what the ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-14 was in the environment in which our specimen lived during its lifetime. Unfortunately the ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-14 has yet to reach a state of equilibrium in our atmosphere; there is more carbon-14 in the air today than there was thousands of years ago. Furthermore, the ratio is known to fluctuate significantly over relatively short periods of time (e.g. during the industrial revolution more carbon-12 was being produced offsetting the ratio a bit).

Carbon dating is somewhat accurate because we are able to determine what the ratio was in the unobservable past to a certain extent. By taking a carboniferous specimen of known age (that is, a specimen which we are able to date with reasonable certainty through some archaeological means), scientists are able to determine what the ratio was during a specimen's lifetime. They are then able to calibrate the carbon dating method to produce fairly accurate results. Carbon dating is thus accurate within the timeframe set by other archaeological dating techniques. Unfortunately, we aren't able to reliably date artifacts beyond several thousand years. Scientists have tried to extend confidence in the carbon dating method further back in time by calibrating the method using tree ring dating. Unfortunately, tree ring dating is itself not entirely reliable, especially the "long chronology" employed to calibrate the carbon dating method. The result is that carbon dating is accurate for only a few thousand years. Anything beyond that is questionable. This fact is born out in how carbon dating results are used by scientists in the scientific literature. Many scientists will use carbon dating test results to back up their position if the results agree with their preconceived theories. But if the carbon dating results actually conflict with their ideas, they aren't too concerned. "This attitude is clearly reflected in a regrettably common practice: when a radiocarbon date agrees with the expectations of the excavator it appears in the main text of the site report; if it is slightly discrepant it is relegated to a footnote; if it seriously conflicts it is left out altogether." (Peter James, et al. (I. J. Thorpe, Nikos Kokkinos, Robert Morkot and John Frankish), Preface to Centuries of Darkness, 1991)

So, is carbon dating accurate? It is for specimens which only date back a few thousand years. Anything beyond that is problematic and highly doubtful.

One of the most telling sentences in the propaganda you posted, patty, is the one that says even though science and the Bible are consistent there are many things we don't understand. Well, if that is true why do you and others insist that you do know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Seek and ye shall find. God gives wisdom and understanding to those who ask for it. He delights in bringing His word to us which is all the truth we will ever need to know in this life. I don't know all the truths about God, but I believe He has blessed me with much knowledge about Him, simply because I have a great, sincere desire to know it. I ask Him to inform me through his word the truth about many issues. He said He gives to those who love Him whatever we ask of Him.

When all the world tells people that that you burn in fire and are tortured forever in flames if you don't believe in Jesus, I questioned that to God. He revealed to me in His word that people do NOT burn forever. They are destroyed by fire and then they perish. There are over 80 scriptures that I have found, just in the NT and psalms and proverbs alone that reveal that unbelievers are destroyed and then perish in the end at the judgement day. There are 2 scriptures in Revelations that mention eternal punishment and torture. The great, educated philosophers ran with them. :thumbup:(I believe they speak of such a thing for Satan and his demons, but not mankind.)What about the 80+ scriptures that say you are destroyed and then perish? Revelations is a book of allegory and most of it can not be taken literally. That is bad enough,(burning) but at least we can know that God does not continue their suffering for all eternity, like many people teach.

So, no matter what people in High positions teach, I go to God's word and find out for myself the truth. He acknowledges this and blesses me with the truth.

And btw, as Cleo's pointed out the Bible and science are quite contradictory in places. You can't explain the contradictions so you choose to believe one way only.

And interestingly and annoyingly, you did not post the source of your original text and as usual one might believe that you were the source of part of the writings. Then when Cleo's pointed out the innaccuracy of some of it, you claim you don't agree with part of it. You're a mess.

here is the source:

Science and the Bible

Most Christians believe that the earth is only 6000 years old. I do not. But I didn't want to rock the boat on that one, mostly because the age of the earth does not make God any less real or what he says any less truthful.

Is this a new species of human being?

Scientists have extracted DNA from a bone discovered in Siberia that almost certainly belongs to a new kind of human – one that may have lived as recently as 30,000 years ago. Will this transform our views of human evolution?

The discovery of X-woman marks a first in using genetics alone to identify what many palaeontologists believe must be a new human species. But this is also one of the earliest attempts to look at ancient DNA from human remains.