Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"god" wants me, needs me, shows me....

That is my interpretation of God and life. You don't have to agree. It is my truth and what I believe and no one has any right to tell me my view is wrong. I have lived life and everything I said is a result of how I have lived and viewed life and my life's experiences and the experiences of those around me.

We talk about Santa Claus, vampires and honest politicians too. What does that mean? :)

Still waiting on the rant and rave on Santa! You are so hard to talk to. I am not trying to change your mind, but you won't change mine either.

It is just hard to see people put down someone I owe my life to and depend on everyday to be put down all the time. This is someone I love. Can you understand that and respect that? If I understand and respect that you are not a believer. I really am a nice person but it hurts like is someone was talking about my husband or child.

But God is most powerful and all knowing and He can take care of Himself. But I feel hate from your posts is that what you want to send?

Cheri

Cleo'smom, humans don't evolve.

I will agree with this one. In fact they seem to be devolving. Have you seen the number of Neanderthals around lately?

Just want to let you all know that I will be on Vacation in MA and ME for the next 2 weeks. I'll miss ya! can't wait to read up on what I'll miss around here when I get back. And, Cleo'smom, I'll miss you most of all. Love the bantering!!

Just want to let you all know that I will be on Vacation in MA and ME for the next 2 weeks. I'll miss ya! can't wait to read up on what I'll miss around here when I get back. And, Cleo'smom, I'll miss you most of all. Love the bantering!!

Hope you enjoy your vacation. Im going to Rhode Island in September. Ive never been to that area of the U.S., you'll have to let me know what its like. Have fun!

Still waiting on the rant and rave on Santa! You are so hard to talk to. I am not trying to change your mind, but you won't change mine either.

It is just hard to see people put down someone I owe my life to and depend on everyday to be put down all the time. This is someone I love. Can you understand that and respect that? If I understand and respect that you are not a believer. I really am a nice person but it hurts like is someone was talking about my husband or child.

But God is most powerful and all knowing and He can take care of Himself. But I feel hate from your posts is that what you want to send?

Cheri

Cheri,

I understand. I have no sympathy but I do understand. I think it is an insult to my intelligence when somebody says, "God bless you" to me or I have to look at "In God We Trust" all over my money. Believers seem to have no sympathy for those of us who know there is no god. Why should we have any sympathy for those that think there is and not speak our minds on the subject?

I don't go god-bashing in any forums here except this one. It was created for ranting and raving. I think the threads that are going to offend you are pretty obvious before you even open them to read. If you don't read them, your day won't be ruined. There is a xtian bandster forum where they have nothing to says but nice thins about your God.

I hate it when people tell me they will pray for me. If I believed in prayer I would pray myself , I don't need someone else to do it for me.

Its not like praying affects the outcome anyway. Bad things still happen to people that pray. What I don't get is that these people then rationalise this by saying that it was part of God's plan and they worship him even more!

Have fun :sad:

I will agree with this one. In fact they seem to be devolving. Have you seen the number of Neanderthals around lately?

I know, I know!! They're wearing tri-cornered hats and carrying misspelled signs. Yikes!! :sad:

I hate it when people tell me they will pray for me. If I believed in prayer I would pray myself , I don't need someone else to do it for me.

Its not like praying affects the outcome anyway. Bad things still happen to people that pray. What I don't get is that these people then rationalise this by saying that it was part of God's plan and they worship him even more!

Ask anyone whose young child was dying of cancer if their prayers were answered. Heard about any terminal cancer patients on their deathbed making any miraculous recoveries? No. And we're to believe this is all part of some plan?

There was a horror that happened in my area about 3-4 years ago. A father was driving his van with his 3 year old triplets (2 boys and 1 girl) in the back. A wood chipper was improperly attached to a truck, broke loose, hit the van and killed the father and one boy and the girl. The other boy was injured. Mom was a teacher and got a call that day at work that dropped the bottom out of her world. Some plan, huh?

I think it's an insult to my intelligence when non-believes say they KNOW there is no god, as if believers are delusional.

I understand. I have no sympathy but I do understand. I think it is an insult to my intelligence when somebody says, "God bless you" to me or I have to look at "In God We Trust" all over my money. Believers seem to have no sympathy for those of us who know there is no god. Why should we have any sympathy for those that think there is and not speak our minds on the subject?.

Cheri,

I understand. I have no sympathy but I do understand. I think it is an insult to my intelligence when somebody says, "God bless you" to me or I have to look at "In God We Trust" all over my money. Believers seem to have no sympathy for those of us who know there is no god. Why should we have any sympathy for those that think there is and not speak our minds on the subject?

I don't go god-bashing in any forums here except this one. It was created for ranting and raving. I think the threads that are going to offend you are pretty obvious before you even open them to read. If you don't read them, your day won't be ruined. There is a xtian bandster forum where they have nothing to says but nice thins about your God.

I think when I read a thread that starts as this one did that it seems to draw me to it because it is human nature to defend those you love, so I read them and although I do not have the same knowledge as pattygreen does I still feel the need to defend what I too believe in.

Just as you defend what you believe in. Is there a reason you feel the way you do? Always felt this way even as a kid?. If it is okay to ask. I read the Christian Bandsters thread too. I guess I am just not a debater, which is what these threads are all about I just seem to take it too personal.

Cheri

So why do people tell me I'm delusional when I tell them I still believe in Santa? Most of the time they whip out a card for some shrink that they know.It's expected that as an intelligent adult I will know that this is just some fairy story made up by humans.

Yet when seemingly intelligent adults believe in God noone tells them that they are crazy or refers them to a shrink.

Both God and Santa are ficticious characters created by man to help explain the world/keep order/make people happy etc.It is ridiculous that believing in one makes you insane whilst believing in the other doesn't!

So why do people tell me I'm delusional when I tell them I still believe in Santa? Most of the time they whip out a card for some shrink that they know.It's expected that as an intelligent adult I will know that this is just some fairy story made up by humans.

Yet when seemingly intelligent adults believe in God noone tells them that they are crazy or refers them to a shrink.

Both God and Santa are ficticious characters created by man to help explain the world/keep order/make people happy etc.It is ridiculous that believing in one makes you insane whilst believing in the other doesn't!

Santa is a fictional charachter that adults made up for their children. When they reach school age, it is figured out that it is fictional fun. God, on the other hand, is very, very real and adults from all over the world, 88% of the people for that matter, (America 95%), believe in Him. You are a minority in this world. I find it facinating that such a huge percentage of people in the world believe in God, yet those who don't, feel that they are the ones with the wisdom, and the rest of us living here are dilusional. How is it that sooooo many of us are duped and you're not??:sad:

Edited by pattygreen