Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, i know this question has probably been asked a million times over already...but what does restriction feel like?

I was banded 2-24-10 and have lost 41 lbs...1 lb shy of of being in the 100's and i haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks. Yes, i know we all go through plateau's from time to time, but when you're this close to a major goal it can be very discouraging.

I am scheduled for a fill in 4 days and i am debating on whether i should go or not. It is very rare that i can eat Breakfast in the mornings because i am just too tight, so i just drink my coffee and have a Protein Shake by mid morning. By lunch time i can eat just about anything, but i am starving. By the time dinner rolls around i am famished and i eat too fast, take too big of bites or all of the above and things get stuck.

So i guess my question is should i go ahead and get my 3rd fill? My dr. Said that i am just shy of having 6 cc in my band.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Great question. Would to hear the answer. I have been banded 6 months and have only lost 12 pounds.

Everything gets stuck in the morning. lunch and dinner I'm starving eat too fast and get stuck with hours of PB'ing. You would think I would lose weight. Afraid to get another fill a little of 6cc now

If you are too tight in the mornings, you should try drinking some "clear" Protein - like Isopure. That way, you get your Protein in. I suspect that your hunger will be less at lunchtime. Isopure has a lot more protein than the typical protein shake.

Also, several people on here who are at a plateau do a five day liquids back to solids then to trick their body - it sounds like it's pretty successful. I've done some similar things and it always gets the scale moving.

As always discuss with your phsyician.

For me, restriction is being able to eat about a cup of protein/veggies and having no hunger for 4-5 hours. I eat eggbeaters with cheese in the morning, salad with chicken breast for lunch, 1/2 of chicken breast or fish (I split it with DH), 1/2 yam, veggies for dinner and Greek yogurt with honey for one snack. I hardly ever feel hungry. It's like a hunger switch was turned off at my last fill. I'm at 5.9 in a 10 band. But that sweet spot, as they call it, is much different for everyone. Hope this helps you...Best wishes! ps. I drink more than 64 oz. of fluids a day..either diet snapple or Water.< /p>

I too am interested in the responses you get.

I can eat in the morning and struggle later on in the day. I know I have good restriction but I wouldn't swear I'm at my sweet spot yet. I don't know if you know it when you see it or not.

If I had to say, I'd argue that you should push back the fill a little and work to stave off that hard core hunger with a couple nuts or whatever. There seem to be a couple habits you could change (and you didn't mention exercise) first, because I have the feeling that if you get a fill it might push you over the top. Then again, I don't really know what I'm talking about!

For what it's worth, I didn't lose anything for a month and then when I inadvertently became more Atkins-y a couple weeks ago, the pounds have been dropping off. I do keep a Protein Bar in my bag so that I don't get starving and chow down at a sure-to-get-stuck rate.

Good luck to you!