Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

I didn't start this thread. And I didn't judge anyone on it. I expressed my opinion which I have the right to. I am a christian who loves her family, too. And I am fully grounded on earth. I certainly don't need preached to by you or anyone else on these boards. I didn't criticize you but you felt compelled to attack me personally. So it looks like you are the judgmental and hateful one here.

Cleosmom are you surprized?

Nobody can convert you. Conversion happens in a person's heart.

I have seen and read such hatred on this forum that it is ridiculous.

I am not a "born again" but when I see a thread like this on any forum it reminds me of the ideology that started some of the worst tragedies in this country. The singling out and hatred of one group over another. The sentiments that some of you express towards others are what started the holocaust and the bombing of the World Trade Center.

This is a country where different religions and people are supposed to be free to express themselves but with some if you do not look and act just like them then you are less than and worthy of being dumped on and even killed.

No one of us in this wicked life are perfect. When someone approaches you with something that you do not like I respectfully say "no thank you". When JW's knock on your door ask them to please put your house # on their do not call list and they will be happy to.

I'm going to have to find another forum to research and read about My LAP-BAND® journey because this one is out of hand with the hatred, racism and just plain foolishness.

I will never understand why on a board that is not based on religion that someone will start these threads to pick out a person's religion and bash them or it.

How do you feel about Jews? How do you feel about Baptists? How do you feel about WASP's? How do you feel about Methodists? How do you feel about Mormons? How do you feel about this race? How do you feel about that race? How do you feel about people that think they have the right to judge others and what they believe?

The first 7 points, I dont have a problem, they dont push their beliefs on me.

To answer your last point, you know how I feel about born-agains!

No enemies but a few people might have added loserbob to their prayer list. I did!

Cheri

Aren't you the lucky one Bob! I hate it when people say they will pray for me as though I am somehow lacking something and in need of urgent help.

I didn't start this thread. And I didn't judge anyone on it. I expressed my opinion which I have the right to. I am a christian who loves her family, too. And I am fully grounded on earth. I certainly don't need preached to by you or anyone else on these boards. I didn't criticize you but you felt compelled to attack me personally. So it looks like you are the judgmental and hateful one here.

Well said. I agree with you.

However I am not a Christian, or a Jew or a Muslim or whatever.And guess what I still love my family, friends, try to help other people when I can and do the right thing because it is the RIGHT thing to do. Does that make me any less a person?

I also don't go around preaching to other people telling them that my way is right and that theirs is wrong. I don't try to convert them. I don't tell them that 'life" is going to be terrible after they die (LOL) because they didn't believe in some religious entity!

I am not a "born again" but when I see a thread like this on any forum it reminds me of the ideology that started some of the worst tragedies in this country. The singling out and hatred of one group over another. The sentiments that some of you express towards others are what started the holocaust and the bombing of the World Trade Center.

Exactly.

Most atrocities are committed in the name of some religion. Most wars are started in the name of religion. One of the main reasons most can't get on with each other is because of differences in religion.

They happen because people believe so fervently that what they believe is right and that everyone else is wrong. Does that kind of behaviour sound familiar?

In fact I think we would be far better off without religion. it would be one less thing to fight and kill people over.

But I suppose the downside is that without it we would need to find another way of controlling the masses and also giving people comfort.

Nobody can convert you. Conversion happens in a person's heart.

I have seen and read such hatred on this forum that it is ridiculous.

This is a country where different religions and people are supposed to be free to express themselves but with some if you do not look and act just like them then you are less than and worthy of being dumped on and even killed.

No one of us in this wicked life are perfect. When someone approaches you with something that you do not like I respectfully say "no thank you". When JW's knock on your door ask them to please put your house # on their do not call list and they will be happy to.

I'm going to have to find another forum to research and read about My LAP-BAND® journey because this one is out of hand with the hatred, racism and just plain foolishness.

I will never understand why on a board that is not based on religion that someone will start these threads to pick out a person's religion and bash them or it.

How do you feel about Jews? How do you feel about Baptists? How do you feel about WASP's? How do you feel about Methodists? How do you feel about Mormons? How do you feel about this race? How do you feel about that race? How do you feel about people that think they have the right to judge others and what they believe?

Jews, no problem, in fact one of the only criticisms I have with Obama is what seems to be a lack of support to Israel.

(or as much support as in the past)

Baptists, no problem, cant say if I know any personally. Pushy, not a pre-requisite!

Mormons, I believe they can have multiple wives, yeah!! But I can tell you I dont hate Glenn Beck(Mormon) but I dislike him a great deal, especially after the tasteless charade he pulled last week about Obama and his 11 yr old daughter!

Im not much of a Nascar fan, actually I do hate Nascar!

Im not an Indy race fan either!

Wasps, they "sting like a bitch"! Or am I thinking of Hornets?

Methodists, again, pushing beliefs must not be a pre-requisite because Im not sure if I know any.

And again, your last point, you know how I feel about born-agains!!!!!!

Hope I answered all your questions. I just ask that you please avoid judging me because of my answers!!!

Oh, if this thread offends you, you might want to read what it says before you enter, "Rants and Raves,Gripe, Complain, Moan, Fight, Rant, Rave. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Its about off topic debates, there are plenty of posts about actual lap-band if thats what you choose to talk about. Actually, we all sound mean to each other on here but we all seem to get along with each other on other threads. I argue with people to the point I believe they hate me but on other topics those same people are still willing to help. For me its not hatred, I dont truely hate anybody nor do I dislike most people, most of my comments are basically to get a rise out of people. Do I go over the top , yes alot but most on here are forgiving(must be alot of born-agains). If patty Green doesnt hate me by now most others probably shouldnt! And, I did warn you when I started this post "Ill probably make alot of enemies here". You say you dont understand why someone would pick on people about religion when this has nothing to do with it, yet you still came on here to read. Its like a trainwreck, you just have to watch(in this case read). Now I have to think of an even better topic to post about. Who do I want to piss off next?

Mormons, I believe they can have multiple wives, yeah!!

This could have benefits. Someone else to do the ironing when you don't feel like it etc . However I believe that there is a tribe somewhere where they practice the opposite - Women are allowed more than 1 husband. personally I believe that they have it right. Why? Well there is no way that one man can afford to keep more than one woman in the manner in which she would like to be kept. However if one women were allowed multiple husbands then she could have a really good lifestyle. Plus you could have the benefits of having an older man whom you love for his mind, a younger man whom you love for his body etc!

Exactly.

Most atrocities are committed in the name of some religion. Most wars are started in the name of religion. One of the main reasons most can't get on with each other is because of differences in religion.

They happen because people believe so fervently that what they believe is right and that everyone else is wrong. Does that kind of behaviour sound familiar?

In fact I think we would be far better off without religion. it would be one less thing to fight and kill people over.

But I suppose the downside is that without it we would need to find another way of controlling the masses and also giving people comfort.

So, I might actually start WWIII by starting this thread. Hm, if I start a thread about oil Im almost guaranteed to start WWIII!!! You must mean Islam, what other modern era war was started because of religion? War on terrorism, muslim extremists. You dont hear about Catholics or Baptists starting wars because of religion. Every modern era war ever fought revolved around oil in some way. The only religious war is now. Muslims, their religion tells them to live like primitive animals with a tribe mentality and kill anyone who wants to change this lifestyle, Sharia law. And still this war revolves around oil! Our first obligation going into Iraq was to protect the oil fields!

To be Christian means to be Christ like or an imitator of Christ to the best of our sinful abilities.

Jesus Christ set the pattern for preaching and evangelizing to others so everyone that says they are a Christian should be following that example. He also showed humility in the way he treated others.

Yes, everyone says mean things about others from time to time because we are not perfect. However, no one in this life can move me to get on a public site to bash someone else's beliefs. Even though I am not a Born again they have as much right as I do to practice their belief. When I'm approached by someone that has a different belief than me I can respectfully tell them no and leave them with their dignity and keep it moving. I don't have the time or care enough to start a thread on a forum about them. Then take even more time to address and degrade each and every post that has a different view than mine.

You just seem to be hateful and vindictive. Why waste your time debating the point or advocating your right to be hateful.

I am through with this site and I will send the mods a note to delete me from this forum because I can't stand this ongoing hate speak.

Not just in this thread but in others I've come across lately.

So come back with your know it all , judge it all attitude but don't address me because I will no longer come back to this site . If I wanted to read this crap I would go on a White supremacist site or some other rabid racist site.

OH , BY THE WAY MORMONS DO GO FROM DOOR TO DOOR. To as you say push their beliefs on others.

But you sure have enough time to come on here to read about the nasty posts and it sounds like your judging me. Again, HYPOCRITE!!! BE GONE NOW!!! Take your ball and go home. Im sure the mods will appreciate the note. Go hug a tree you nut!!! Which leads me to my next thread!

Bob

Have you forgotten Northern Ireland or is that not considered modern. The dumb thing there is that they are all Christian but the Catholics and Protestants couldn't get along.

Jews, no problem, in fact one of the only criticisms I have with Obama is what seems to be a lack of support to Israel.

(or as much support as in the past)

Baptists, no problem, cant say if I know any personally. Pushy, not a pre-requisite!

Mormons, I believe they can have multiple wives, yeah!! But I can tell you I dont hate Glenn Beck(Mormon) but I dislike him a great deal, especially after the tasteless charade he pulled last week about Obama and his 11 yr old daughter!

Im not much of a Nascar fan, actually I do hate Nascar!

Im not an Indy race fan either!

Wasps, they "sting like a bitch"! Or am I thinking of Hornets?

Methodists, again, pushing beliefs must not be a pre-requisite because Im not sure if I know any.

And again, your last point, you know how I feel about born-agains!!!!!!

Hope I answered all your questions. I just ask that you please avoid judging me because of my answers!!!

Oh, if this thread offends you, you might want to read what it says before you enter, "Rants and Raves,Gripe, Complain, Moan, Fight, Rant, Rave. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Its about off topic debates, there are plenty of posts about actual lap-band® if thats what you choose to talk about. Actually, we all sound mean to each other on here but we all seem to get along with each other on other threads. I argue with people to the point I believe they hate me but on other topics those same people are still willing to help. For me its not hatred, I dont truely hate anybody nor do I dislike most people, most of my comments are basically to get a rise out of people. Do I go over the top , yes alot but most on here are forgiving(must be alot of born-agains). If patty Green doesnt hate me by now most others probably shouldnt! And, I did warn you when I started this post "Ill probably make alot of enemies here". You say you dont understand why someone would pick on people about religion when this has nothing to do with it, yet you still came on here to read. Its like a trainwreck, you just have to watch(in this case read). Now I have to think of an even better topic to post about. Who do I want to piss off next?

I don't hate you loserbob. I actually like you alot. I come on rants and raves because it's fun. If everyone agreed with you, who could you rant and rave with? It wouldn't be enjoyable to share your thoughts on controversial issues with people if everyone said, "yeah, I agree with that."

To be honest, I take NO offense with anyone on these threads in this section. (even you, Cleo'smom) And if there's anyone I should take offense to, it's you! But I truly don't.

I think that after conversing with folks here for quite some time, they have gotten to know who I am and what I believe and they are accepting of it, just as I am accepting of them and who they are and what they believe. (even if it is wrong and stupid :tongue2:)

I don't hate you loserbob. I actually like you alot. I come on rants and raves because it's fun. If everyone agreed with you, who could you rant and rave with? It wouldn't be enjoyable to share your thoughts on controversial issues with people if everyone said, "yeah, I agree with that."

To be honest, I take NO offense with anyone on these threads in this section. (even you, Cleo'smom) And if there's anyone I should take offense to, it's you! But I truly don't.

I think that after conversing with folks here for quite some time, they have gotten to know who I am and what I believe and they are accepting of it, just as I am accepting of them and who they are and what they believe. (even if it is wrong and stupid :tongue2:)

Alot of the things I say I dont really meananyway, its just fun to stir thing up. Especially with people Ill probably never meet.

Bob

Have you forgotten Northern Ireland or is that not considered modern. The dumb thing there is that they are all Christian but the Catholics and Protestants couldn't get along.

Im talking about actual war, one nations army against anothers, not these nut job groups, religious fanatics(im not talking about born agains either). I dont even consider "the war on terrorism" a true war. Not discrediting our military. We're fighting a cause, thugs from all over the world. Unfortunately we're the ones acting like its an actual war "with rules" so to speak! Of course we will probably never have to fight an actual war against another countries military unless Iran really is as stupid as its acting. There is no country in the world that could withstand a prolonged war with us conventional or nuclear and by prolonged I mean 6 months. As you saw in Iraq, we crushed their military in the first 7 days! Its the insurgency that causing the problems.

Not to change stories here but think about what we've done in Iraq. There is no other country in the world that could pull this off. Getting a bunch of religious Islamic nuts to agree to actually have somewhat of a democracy. All in 7 years time. Theres still alot of work to be done but it really is amazing when you think of what weve accomplished so far. Thanks to our troops and their families!