Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

I have no Idea what the hell you just said, just dont tell me what to believe and dont tell me Im not going to heaven because Im not "born-again". It seems I have the same beliefs as you, god and Jesus as my savior, I just dont consider myself born-again so I guess that means I dont have to force my beliefs on you! Maybe I am born again, I do use religion in everyday conversation. I say things like Jesus moth^$-fucJKIJ Christ and holy $hit when Im pissed!

Just my opinion . . . but you must not truly have a relationship with God or you could not or would not want to use those words. God gives us free will to do as we want but if you love God you would not take His name in vain. Do you believe in a Heaven and hell?

Just saw and read this thread. Bored already. Same people , same c@@P!

YES "Happy Clappies" are extremely annoying but then so are Jehovahs Witnesses and other religious types that come around and try to convert you.

Sometimes I think God must have them on a bonus scheme like parking attendants!

YES "Happy Clappies" are extremely annoying but then so are Jehovahs Witnesses and other religious types that come around and try to convert you.

Couldn agree more!

Some of us were talking about God on this thread, and I believe, uh.... you "came around" to talk with us. Not that I mind, mind you, but to say that we are the ones who look for you's, is just not always right.

Matthew 7:21. Jesus said not everyone that says Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven

I dont like to be preached to and everyday I go to work a "born again" tells me the way I live my life is wrong. ie. living with my boyfriend before marriage. Then she goes to church on sunday and after, gets drunk, and she judges people.. I call her on it everytime but it doesnt make sense

I am a christian. I don't go pushing my beliefs on others or preaching to them. I try (heavy emphasis on try) to live my life in a christian manner, to be loving and kind to others, to forgive others when I really want to hurt them, to pray for what I want but also to pray for thanks for what I've been given. I think people who go around yelling about god at the top of their lungs (not just born agains), condeming those who don't believe the same thing and commiting horrendous acts in the name of religion are the worst representation of Christ.

I am a christian. I don't go pushing my beliefs on others or preaching to them. I try (heavy emphasis on try) to live my life in a christian manner, to be loving and kind to others, to forgive others when I really want to hurt them, to pray for what I want but also to pray for thanks for what I've been given. I think people who go around yelling about god at the top of their lungs (not just born agains), condeming those who don't believe the same thing and commiting horrendous acts in the name of religion are the worst representation of Christ.

You are a Christian, a believer in Jesus as your Savior, therefore, you are a born againer, too. At one point in your life, you know when that was, you made a conscious decision to believe in God. You try to live the way you believe He would want you to,even though you fail sometimes, you forgive others when they wrong you, and you pray and talk to God. That is a relationship.

Matthew 7:21. Jesus said not everyone that says Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven

I dont like to be preached to and everyday I go to work a "born again" tells me the way I live my life is wrong. ie. living with my boyfriend before marriage. Then she goes to church on sunday and after, gets drunk, and she judges people.. I call her on it everytime but it doesnt make sense

Next time she says anything to you at work, pull out this scripture and hand it to her.

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

You are so right. The ones who do the most "preaching" and who are the most judgemental are the ones who are the worst christians.

I must apologize ahead of time, I will probably make alot of enemies here!!!

No enemies but a few people might have added loserbob to their prayer list. I did!

Cheri

You are so right. The ones who do the most "preaching" and who are the most judgemental are the ones who are the worst christians.

That's a cop out- a real low blow. I am a christian. I love God - I love my family and friends and they know it. You could use some preaching to get back down to earth. You say us christians are judgmental. Who started this thread - full of judgmental comments and hatred.

another cop-out. Just put the person or people down - don't you feel better now?

That's a cop out- a real low blow. I am a christian. I love God - I love my family and friends and they know it. You could use some preaching to get back down to earth. You say us christians are judgmental. Who started this thread - full of judgmental comments and hatred.

I didn't start this thread. And I didn't judge anyone on it. I expressed my opinion which I have the right to. I am a christian who loves her family, too. And I am fully grounded on earth. I certainly don't need preached to by you or anyone else on these boards. I didn't criticize you but you felt compelled to attack me personally. So it looks like you are the judgmental and hateful one here.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

It might be judgemental but its what I've experienced, sorry!

I dont know if Id call it hatred but Im not the one who runs around claiming to love everyone in the first place. I dont feel the need to explain the good deeds I do in everyday life to prove Im a devoted Christian and when I do something for someone I dont do it because Im a Christian, to be honest, the Christian part usually doesnt cross my mind, I do it because it feels like the right thing to do. I think about being a Christian when Im laying in bed at night praying by thanking god for what I have and for accepting me even though I sin. I judge people just like the next person, Im a hypocrite just like the next person, Im a sinner just like the next person(Im sounding like you nut-jobs and Im making myself sick!)But I dont act like Im better than anyone else. And most of all I dont tell anybody what god to believe in or how to worship, etc! I can tell you just through the experience of working for born-agains and dealing with many people everyday, most people are turned off by it.

Also I started this thread so I could show my hatred and be judgemental, none of which I deny doing! Maybe Im not a hypocrite after all. You cant tell me when your driving and someone cuts you off, you dont get mad and call them names, even if its under your breath. Thats just 1 example I can think of but no matter how much you deny it happens I dont believe you. So am I a hypocrite for admitting ahead of time that Im this way or are you the hypocrite for denying you do these "mean" things? I think the latter but Im not denying I am.