Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

I wasnt referring to you specifically(Patty), just "born-agains". Really, thats the only problem I have is when "theyre" being pushy. Everyone I know does it, they try to push their beliefs on everyone, I actually think thats part of the criteria, to be pushy with religion. Like I said before, there are alot worse things to deal with than someones religious beliefs. I deal with alot of people every day and it seriously turns me off when I hear people bring religion into everything, I dont run around recruiting people for Catholicism. It also pi$$es me off when people assume because Im a plumber, I lean a certain way on the political spectrum(Thanks Joe, where are you now!)

Everyones interpretation of religion is different. Mine is that when Im born into this world i am one of gods children. Holy hell, Im sounding like you, who the hell cares, I believe Im one of gods children so I am!

Most people just don't understand what it is to be Born Agian. Therefore, they may choose to get annoyed over learning more about them.

I was, and am, born again. Everyone that God created can be born twice. First, they are born physically, from their mom's womb. Then, if they choose to be a part of God's family and ask Jesus to be their Savior, they will be born again, spiritually. (thus the nick name 'born again')This spiritual re-birth is an eye opener for people. God actually takes the scales from your eyes and the plugs from your ears, so to speak, and gives you the ability to understand spiritual truths. The Holy Spirit of God comes to dwell within the believer and guides them through life. God helps you to make decisions, helps you with every problem, and He becomes a personal friend. He loves you and desires for everyone to know Him in this way. It is His hope that you will all seek after this relationship with Him.

The Day I became Born Again was the most important day in my life! I don't care if the world makes fun of me for it. I chalk it up to their lack of understanding, because until you have been born again, you will not know the love of God.

Also, try to explain to the baby in the womb what it's like outside the womb. It would be hard to explain all the colors because he has only experienced gray. It would be hard to explain all the air and the breaths that he will take, cause he has only experienced Water. It would be hard for him to understand communication, and activities, etc., for all he has experienced is sleeping and darkness. This is how I feel about unbelievers who are not Born Again, yet. They just can not fathom it, so I take no offense at being made fun of. And, this is why Born Againers want others to know about God, and sometimes seem pushy. They want you to experience a relationship with your Creator as well. They only have your best interest in their heart, so maybe you shouldn't be so hard on them.

I thought it went like this, "Until a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of god". Yah, I saw it on a billboard, actually many billboards. PUSHY!!!

I wasnt referring to you specifically(Patty), just "born-agains". Really, thats the only problem I have is when "theyre" being pushy. Everyone I know does it, they try to push their beliefs on everyone, I actually think thats part of the criteria, to be pushy with religion. Like I said before, there are alot worse things to deal with than someones religious beliefs. I deal with alot of people every day and it seriously turns me off when I hear people bring religion into everything, I dont run around recruiting people for Catholicism. It also pi$$es me off when people assume because Im a plumber, I lean a certain way on the political spectrum(Thanks Joe, where are you now!)

Sometimes born again Christians may appear 'pushy', but they are just living their life. God is a big part of their lives, as it is mine, so in every conversation, He pops up. When a Christian is questioned about how he feels about an issue, he says his mind and when asked 'why' he feels that way, he naturally tells about God's influence on his decision making. Some take this as them being pushy. I tend to think, (and no offense to anyone ) that when Christians are living their lives and talking about God in general to others as if everyone thought as they did, that others feel as they are being judged by the Christian. This is not so. Only God makes judgements. Christians just 'know' how God feels about issues, cause they read the bible.

Everyones interpretation of religion is different. Mine is that when Im born into this world i am one of gods children. Holy hell, Im sounding like you, who the hell cares, I believe Im one of gods children so I am!

Have you ever asked God to make you a part of His family or Jesus to be your Savior?

All I know is all it takes is believing. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." (Acts 16:310

I thought it went like this, "Until a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of god". Yah, I saw it on a billboard, actually many billboards. PUSHY!!!

I don't understand. How is that pushy?

Actually, if you believe in God, then you should trust his words to us. If he says "until a man be born again he can not see the kingdom of God", then I would listen to him and find out how I can become born again so I could see His Kingdom.

I dont think "born-againers" are pushy. It sounds like to me they are just scared.

Like if they dont bring religion into every conversation they are not living the right way.

But I tend to fing something wierd in each denomination

When you are “Born Again” then you should have a relationship with God where you are in constant contact with Him. It is not that we are pushy we are just Happy about that relationship and all that comes with it that you can't help but talk about it. I like to think that I do not have to be pushy but just live my life and hope people can see Jesus' love in me by the way I treat people and the choices I make. But remember us “Born Again” people are just human like everyone else and we make mistakes and do things that are wrong too, but we believe if we repent then we are forgiven. So if someone goes around bragging about their good deeds and how perfect they are keep looking for another example of a Christian - “Born Again person”

Also keep us the up the good writing Patty!!!!

Cheri

I feel about them pretty much the same as I feel telephone salesmen.

Pretty much annoying in other words.

Yawn.

You're annoying

You're annoying

I'm rubber, you're glue.

Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

nyah nyah.

Its a display of arrogance.

"Your religious experience couldn't possibly be as wonderful as mine, so you should worship like me because I know what God is saying in the bible and you don't."

I dont think "born-againers" are pushy. It sounds like to me they are just scared.

Like if they dont bring religion into every conversation they are not living the right way.

But I tend to fing something wierd in each denomination

I am a Christian man living in a primarily secular world and in a nation that ironically espouses Christian ideals but practices and worships otherwise, I appreciate the observation of born agains as pushy and displaying insecurity. I liken this behavior to anyone new to a healthy experience: i.e., the recently converted non-smoker, the newbie bander, someone who has just completed a 5k/10K run. I don't mean to pigeon hole them, but these and new born agains in their joyful enthusiasm are too often extolling the virtues of what they perceive as a newly found panacea -- real or too often otherwise.

There are striking differences: Christians are encouraged to be patient and accepting with/of others, even those who bear them malice. Seculars may share this same belief but spurn the communal experience.

What seems to be a growing declaration (a position I see as hedging your bet) is "I am spiritual rather than religious." Such a statement is either invested with circular reasoning or absence of any: netting out, as Mr. Spock would observe, illogical.

If someone is pushy it may be decidedly because of the individual feeling the pressure. Understandably: your sensibilities and mores are challenged and that makes you uncomfortable, defensive, angry. Yet if the table was turned, that you are the instigator of the "attack" instead of the target, would the level of discord be different? So it is a matter of how secure you are in your belief structure not how "pushy" someone else may be.

The eminent psychiatrist Carl Jung was asked if he believed in God. He said, "No. I don't believe I know."

Regards to all,

WB

I am a Christian man living in a primarily secular world and in a nation that ironically espouses Christian ideals but practices and worships otherwise, I appreciate the observation of born agains as pushy and displaying insecurity. I liken this behavior to anyone new to a healthy experience: i.e., the recently converted non-smoker, the newbie bander, someone who has just completed a 5k/10K run. I don't mean to pigeon hole them, but these and new born agains in their joyful enthusiasm are too often extolling the virtues of what they perceive as a newly found panacea -- real or too often otherwise.

There are striking differences: Christians are encouraged to be patient and accepting with/of others, even those who bear them malice. Seculars may share this same belief but spurn the communal experience.

What seems to be a growing declaration (a position I see as hedging your bet) is "I am spiritual rather than religious." Such a statement is either invested with circular reasoning or absence of any: netting out, as Mr. Spock would observe, illogical.

If someone is pushy it may be decidedly because of the individual feeling the pressure. Understandably: your sensibilities and mores are challenged and that makes you uncomfortable, defensive, angry. Yet if the table was turned, that you are the instigator of the "attack" instead of the target, would the level of discord be different? So it is a matter of how secure you are in your belief structure not how "pushy" someone else may be.

The eminent psychiatrist Carl Jung was asked if he believed in God. He said, "No. I don't believe I know."

Regards to all,

WB

Awesome post. I enjoy your writing style.

I don't understand. How is that pushy?

Its pushy because thats not what I believe. You(born-agains) believe this is the only way to get to heaven is to be born again. I believe in god and I accept Jesus as my savior but dont consider myself born-again.

Regards to all,

WB

I have no Idea what the hell you just said, just dont tell me what to believe and dont tell me Im not going to heaven because Im not "born-again". It seems I have the same beliefs as you, god and Jesus as my savior, I just dont consider myself born-again so I guess that means I dont have to force my beliefs on you! Maybe I am born again, I do use religion in everyday conversation. I say things like Jesus moth^$-fucJKIJ Christ and holy $hit when Im pissed!