Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

No enemy here.

I think they are even more gullible than the rest of the people that buy that god stuff.

They are definitely a lot more annoying.

I never thought of myself as annoying but maybe i don't know that i am. I haven't been told that.

I never thought of myself as annoying but maybe i don't know that i am. I haven't been told that.

Have you ever tried to tell others how great god was without being asked or told somebody they should or shouldn't do something because of god without being asked?

yes I have.

Im not categorizing you this way because I dont know you. My problem is, every one I know who claims to be born again preaches, pushes theyre views on everyone else as being the only right way. Then, through my experiences, they turn out to be hypocrites by doing very unreligious things. I gave examples in other posts so I really dont feel like getting deeper into it at this time. They always have to let you know about the good deeds they have done, like they want recognition. I do good deeds, I help alot of people but I dont feel the need to broadcast it to everyone. When I said everyone I know,(born-agains) I really meant everyone I know personally is a hypocrite in some way. Real quick, Ive had 2 bosses who where and ripped people off in many ways, very unethical ways. But it does seem like the ones I know are very well off but again theyre all about money, which is supposed to be "the root of all evil".

Im not categorizing you this way because I dont know you. My problem is, every one I know who claims to be born again preaches, pushes theyre views on everyone else as being the only right way. Then, through my experiences, they turn out to be hypocrites by doing very unreligious things. I gave examples in other posts so I really dont feel like getting deeper into it at this time. They always have to let you know about the good deeds they have done, like they want recognition. I do good deeds, I help alot of people but I dont feel the need to broadcast it to everyone. When I said everyone I know,(born-agains) I really meant everyone I know personally is a hypocrite in some way. Real quick, Ive had 2 bosses who where and ripped people off in many ways, very unethical ways. But it does seem like the ones I know are very well off but again theyre all about money, which is supposed to be "the root of all evil".

Actually, It's the love of money that's the root of all evil, not money.

Anyway, my advice to you is to look for a relationship with your Creator and work at getting to know Him. Don't discredit God because of all the "born againers" that you know who are hypocrites.

When my Pastor was a child growing up in a Christian home and attending church every Sunday, he had a talk with his dad and said, "Dad, I don't want to go to Church with all those hypocrites!". He said to his son, "That's okay son, you can stay home and go to Hell with them."

Now, of course you don't go to Hell for not attending church, or for being a hypocrite for that matter. That's not the lesson he was trying to convey. He was trying to tell his son that he should do the things that God desires for him to do, and he should have a personal relationship with Him because He's his Father and he loves you and you love him. You can't control what all God's other children are doing, you can only control what you do.:confused:

Edited by pattygreen

I feel about them pretty much the same as I feel telephone salesmen.

Pretty much annoying in other words.

Yawn.

Most people just don't understand what it is to be Born Agian. Therefore, they may choose to get annoyed over learning more about them.

I was, and am, born again. Everyone that God created can be born twice. First, they are born physically, from their mom's womb. Then, if they choose to be a part of God's family and ask Jesus to be their Savior, they will be born again, spiritually. (thus the nick name 'born again')This spiritual re-birth is an eye opener for people. God actually takes the scales from your eyes and the plugs from your ears, so to speak, and gives you the ability to understand spiritual truths. The Holy Spirit of God comes to dwell within the believer and guides them through life. God helps you to make decisions, helps you with every problem, and He becomes a personal friend. He loves you and desires for everyone to know Him in this way. It is His hope that you will all seek after this relationship with Him.

The Day I became Born Again was the most important day in my life! I don't care if the world makes fun of me for it. I chalk it up to their lack of understanding, because until you have been born again, you will not know the love of God.

Also, try to explain to the baby in the womb what it's like outside the womb. It would be hard to explain all the colors because he has only experienced gray. It would be hard to explain all the air and the breaths that he will take, cause he has only experienced Water. It would be hard for him to understand communication, and activities, etc., for all he has experienced is sleeping and darkness. This is how I feel about unbelievers who are not Born Again, yet. They just can not fathom it, so I take no offense at being made fun of. And, this is why Born Againers want others to know about God, and sometimes seem pushy. They want you to experience a relationship with your Creator as well. They only have your best interest in their heart, so maybe you shouldn't be so hard on them.

Actually, It's the love of money that's the root of all evil, not money.

Anyway, my advice to you is to look for a relationship with your Creator and work at getting to know Him. Don't discredit God because of all the "born againers" that you know who are hypocrites.

When my Pastor was a child growing up in a Christian home and attending church every Sunday, he had a talk with his dad and said, "Dad, I don't want to go to Church with all those hypocrites!". He said to his son, "That's okay son, you can stay home and go to Hell with them."

Now, of course you don't go to Hell for not attending church, or for being a hypocrite for that matter. That's not the lesson he was trying to convey. He was trying to tell his son that he should do the things that God desires for him to do, and he should have a personal relationship with Him because He's his Father and he loves you and you love him. You can't control what all God's other children are doing, you can only control what you do.:Dancing_biggrin:

I dont discredit my god, who is the same god you believe in. I just dont need to find him, I know where he's at. Unlike you hypocritical nut jobs(not to be critical here)who seem to find him when you do something wrong. Or when you need something!

Most people just don't understand what it is to be Born Agian. Therefore, they may choose to get annoyed over learning more about them.

I was, and am, born again. Everyone that God created can be born twice. First, they are born physically, from their mom's womb. Then, if they choose to be a part of God's family and ask Jesus to be their Savior, they will be born again, spiritually. (thus the nick name 'born again')This spiritual re-birth is an eye opener for people. God actually takes the scales from your eyes and the plugs from your ears, so to speak, and gives you the ability to understand spiritual truths. The Holy Spirit of God comes to dwell within the believer and guides them through life. God helps you to make decisions, helps you with every problem, and He becomes a personal friend. He loves you and desires for everyone to know Him in this way. It is His hope that you will all seek after this relationship with Him.

The Day I became Born Again was the most important day in my life! I don't care if the world makes fun of me for it. I chalk it up to their lack of understanding, because until you have been born again, you will not know the love of God.

Also, try to explain to the baby in the womb what it's like outside the womb. It would be hard to explain all the colors because he has only experienced gray. It would be hard to explain all the air and the breaths that he will take, cause he has only experienced Water. It would be hard for him to understand communication, and activities, etc., for all he has experienced is sleeping and darkness. This is how I feel about unbelievers who are not Born Again, yet. They just can not fathom it, so I take no offense at being made fun of. And, this is why Born Againers want others to know about God, and sometimes seem pushy. They want you to experience a relationship with your Creator as well. They only have your best interest in their heart, so maybe you shouldn't be so hard on them.

Sorry, Im Catholic. I became a part of gods family when I was born the first time. Think of how rediculous it sounds to say you where born twice. Thats where I have the problem,"pushy". Dont worry about my relationship with god, worry about yours! I know my opinion is a broad generalization but Its been my experience, everyone I know and most I dont(born-agains) are money hungry hypocrits and it sounds like there are a few others who share similar views! Im not saying Catholics are perfect, hell(oh shit, I said hell, I better find god)all you have to do is watch the news everyday! Religion is like politics, dont tell me what I should believe.

Im really not this mean by the way, I just like pulling Patty's chain, so to speak.

Me and God are straight. I don't need to be born again.

I dont discredit my god, who is the same god you believe in. I just dont need to find him, I know where he's at. Unlike you hypocritical nut jobs(not to be critical here)who seem to find him when you do something wrong. Or when you need something!

Wow! Tense? Are you speaking of me?

If you are, I would like you to explain how I have been hypocritical. Or how you got the impression that I only turn to God when I need something or do something wrong.

Sorry, Im Catholic. I became a part of gods family when I was born the first time. Think of how rediculous it sounds to say you where born twice. Thats where I have the problem,"pushy". Dont worry about my relationship with god, worry about yours! I know my opinion is a broad generalization but Its been my experience, everyone I know and most I dont(born-agains) are money hungry hypocrits and it sounds like there are a few others who share similar views! Im not saying Catholics are perfect, hell(oh shit, I said hell, I better find god)all you have to do is watch the news everyday! Religion is like politics, dont tell me what I should believe.

Im really not this mean by the way, I just like pulling Patty's chain, so to speak.

I don't hold anything against you. I actually like talking to you.

How did you become a part of God's family by being born into the world? Because everyone is born into the world, but we know that not everyone will be in Heaven, right?

It's not ridiculus to say you were born twice. I didn't make it up. God tells about it in the bible.

John Chapter 3: 1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]"

4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" (Nicodemis thought it was ridiculus, too.)

5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of Water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You[c] must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

9"How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.

10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? 11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[d] 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[e] 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't worried about your relationship with God, as you say, I was only speaking my mind on this 'born again' thread. I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they should believe. So, if I offended you, I apologize. Patty

I don't hold anything against you. I actually like talking to you.

How did you become a part of God's family by being born into the world? Because everyone is born into the world, but we know that not everyone will be in Heaven, right?

It's not ridiculus to say you were born twice. I didn't make it up. God tells about it in the bible.

John Chapter 3: 1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]"

4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" (Nicodemis thought it was ridiculus, too.)

5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of Water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You[c] must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

9"How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.

10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? 11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[d] 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[e] 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't worried about your relationship with God, as you say, I was only speaking my mind on this 'born again' thread. I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they should believe. So, if I offended you, I apologize. Patty

I wasnt referring to you specifically(Patty), just "born-agains". Really, thats the only problem I have is when "theyre" being pushy. Everyone I know does it, they try to push their beliefs on everyone, I actually think thats part of the criteria, to be pushy with religion. Like I said before, there are alot worse things to deal with than someones religious beliefs. I deal with alot of people every day and it seriously turns me off when I hear people bring religion into everything, I dont run around recruiting people for Catholicism. It also pi$$es me off when people assume because Im a plumber, I lean a certain way on the political spectrum(Thanks Joe, where are you now!)