Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So flippin' tired of puking

I just can't stop PBing. Almost every day, sometimes 6 or 7 times a day, for four months. For me, eating is a complete crapshoot. Sometimes I can eat something like 2 cups of a beef stew, but more often I take one bit of something and then hurl it up sometime between 30 and 90 minutes later. It seems the better quality food I try to eat, the more likely I am to lose it. It's been decided that my band isn't too tight by people far more educated than myself in these matters. It does seem awfully strange that I suddenly decide to hurl 90 minutes after I eat... you would think that's an unreasonably delayed reaction. Maybe my stomach can't decide?

Recently I've started to get actual pain in my stomach. It feels like a tugging, and if my cat accidently steps on my stomach :smile2:! It's just below the rib cage, slightly to the right side of the sternum. I would normally think that it's because my tummy is irritated from the constant puking, but if I manage to last a few days at at time of not PBing, the pain doesn't subside. Anybody else ever have this?

If you are having a pain on the right side you may have gall bladder issues. I have gall stones and have a pain in the same area you described. I also have some of the same issues with eating you are talking about I do know at times its because I ate to late the night before or sometimes its because I dont get in enough Water and get dehydrated. these may be some reasons you are having this problem. Check with Dr on the gall bladder it does sound like it could be the cause.

Hi:

I really think you should go to your doctor and explain what is going on. My surgeon said that after the initial recovery period you should have no pain from your band. If you do you need to get medical help.

Please let us know how you make out. By the way, if it is your gallbladder that's a pretty easy surgery.

Take care.

Sue

I work in Surgery and definitely think this may be your gallbladder...go see doc asap.

That's the thing... I've been to my doctor twice now, the nurse three or four times, and the patient co-ordinator three or four times. All are perfectly aware of this pain and the puking, and all seem unconcerned. I'm feeling just a little bit... what's the word for it?... neglected maybe?

That's the thing... I've been to my doctor twice now, the nurse three or four times, and the patient co-ordinator three or four times. All are perfectly aware of this pain and the puking, and all seem unconcerned. I'm feeling just a little bit... what's the word for it?... neglected maybe?

Maybe see your PCP to ask about whether it could be your gallbladder. I'm just thinking the bariatric surgeon may only be thinking that it is not the band and assuming you would talk to your PCP then to pursue further what else it could be.

I was told that ANYTIME I have a PB or stuck episode I should go on liquids for 2 days then progress to soft foods then solids because the stomach could get irritated.

Have your doctors checked you for a slippage because it sounds like you could possibly have one?

Go to your doctor and demand they do and ultra-sound on your gobladder. Something sounds definatley wrong. When i had my gobladder removed I couldnt keep anything down either. Pre-lap band so i wasnt in any danger. If you keep vomiting with the band you could cause slippage!

Edited by Starting-overin-AZ

I feel your pain with the constant pb'ing. I have the same problem, and my band is also not too tight. The reason I pb so much is because the muscle between my esophagus and my stomach does not function properly. It's suppose to work like a valve that opens to let food through then shut so the food goes down to the stomach (At least thats how it was explained to me) and my "valve" just stays open all the time. I've always had this problem it's just gotten worse with banding, especially at night when I lay down for bed. It's not acid reflux, it's literally just regurgitated food (gross, I know)

Perhaps you should check with your Dr. to see if this could be what's wrong with you. There are treatments for it including supplements and surgery.