Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long does it take you to drink 16oz

just curious....for those that are at their sweet spot or good restriction

how long does it take you to drink 16oz of Water

A long time...I have a hard time getting all of the Water that I need to drink in. I just sip all day in between meals. I would say at my sweet spot, it would take me about 40 minutes if I sat and drank constantly. Because i'm so busy it probably takes me all day.

I have recently had a complete un-fill because of being too full and having inflammation. My favorite part about it is that I can freely drink water.

i understand that, its hard for me to meet 64oz and i just got a fill on tuesday so im trying really hard to get it all in.

it took me 2hrs to drink my first bottle of Water and now im on my second. i dont want to drink too fast or too much. i think before i wasn't taking in enough with my sips so i have made the amount i take in a little larger per drink.

i just want an average of what others are doing, guess i should have created a poll

I can drink a glass of Water normally.

According to my NUT drinking between meals helps to keep you full but you will only feel this benefit if you drink a reasonable quantity in 1 go. Sipping constantly between meals does not have the same effect.

If you cannot drink a glass of Water in a couple of minutes without a problem then I would suspect that you are actually too tight.

I agree with Elcee! Its not normal for it to take that long. Even with good restriction you should do Clear Liquids normally. Now I can't take big gulps, but I drink 32 oz at least during my hour at the gym and thats drinking kinda slowly. Im at perfect restriction losing 10 lbs a months. Drinking Water should NEVER be a struggle!

I've got pretty good restriction--may need a tiny bit more to round it out, but am getting good results (losing 10+ pounds/month) and feeling nicely restricted most of the time.

I still can drink clear liquids quite freely. It was only with my last fill that I found that I have a limited capacity in terms of how much I can gulp at once---I can put away a liter of Fluid in no time---but I have to pause every 100-120 ccs or so (sorry--my Water bottle has metric markings!), wait a minute for some of the Water to move through, and then I can lather, rinse, and repeat.

So, I probably could get 16 oz. (roughly half a liter) down in about 20 minutes, very easily.

I think it is harder for those for whom drinking plenty of Fluid has not always been part of their regimen.

Edited by BetsyB

thank you all for responding...im a little on the fence on whether im too tight or not b/c i had a recent fill so im giving it a few days to see how the swelling does.

i was real cautious with my Water amount b/c i was told sip dont gulp so i was only taking small sips. i guess i should have asked about how much a normal sip really was. i did finish 16oz in an hour today with no probs so far.

thanks again everyone, the info was a big help

I just got a fill on Monday and I've BARELY been able to get down 32oz a day. I can eat solid food, but it seems like the Water pools up in my pouch, gurgles/bubbles around, then drains down. I've been trying to take small sips, but maybe I need a straw instead b/c it's hard to sip out of this giant mouthed water bottle.< /p>