Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

after a lot of soul searching I have decided to go ahesd and get the lapband surgery.First I backed out then I was thinking where am I going to be in a year or five and I don't want to be bigger than I already am and then decideing that it's the right thing to do I don't want to set myself back that far.So I mailed off all the paperwork that they gave me at the seminar.And made an appt. with my pcp.I am ready to start my journey and do what ever it takes to succeed at it.

Thanks for listening just had to tell someone who would understand all the doubts and fears then the revelation that my mind has went thru.

I wish they would have had this surgery available when I was your age. It would have saved me a lot of grief. I've taken off so much weight over the years, but it's always come back. My mind just couldn't wait till the "diet" was over and I could eat again. I just couldn't do it long term. This is the tool I needed. I just wish it would have been sooner. My surgery is May 27th.

Good luck to you.

Hi,

I know, this is such a big step!! It took me a long time to decide too. My main reasons for finally going ahead with it is that it finally hit home to me that I just could not lose the weight on my own -- that was really hard to accept. BUT, now at 9 months out I'm so happy I went ahead and got my band.

Best of luck to you!

Trixie

This is a giant step! I just know that one year from now you will look back at all the positive changes in your life as a result of the lapband and ask yourself.........WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO DO THIS????

" It is the same results; the only difference is instead of forced portion control..., you are able to control the amount you consume (as if you had the surgery) and feel full (train your stomach to get satisfied with small portion"

Don't you think if we could do that, we also wouldn't have the surgery. People on this site, put a lot of thought into this decision. It isn't something we take lightly.

I'm happy for you if you've found a way to keep the weight off, however, many of us have tried that road many many times, and it didn't work for us.

I'm a little offended that you are here preaching to us, because you found a way that worked for you.

I'm sure WW and Jenny Craig and all the other weight plans out there have done wonders for many people. If they had worked for us we wouldn't be here.

Like I said, if anything else worked for us, we wouldn't have made this decision.

I was replying to "The Bite Count Diet" Where did her post go??!!

Oh, I see her account has been suspended. GOOD!!

My intention was not to offend anyone.My intention was to get something off my chest in a place were I thought I would get constructive feedback and encouragement not offensive words.I give anyone who can loose weight in any way alot of credit.

I think maybe you are a little sensitive.No one else took anything I said offensively.

Renee,

My post to you was right under your post. Please re read my others. They are meant for another persons post. They suspended that person's account, so you are not able to see her post. She was rambling on about how we should just eat right and do it her way.

I'm sorry that you thought I was replying to you.

Carol

Sorry about the misunderstanding.Hope you are doing well with your journey as I am just starting mine.