Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmmm...Introduction Please!

Hello All!

My name is Rhonda Bryan, I am thirty-four years old and had my surgery one week ago today! I now say that May 11, 2010 is my new birthday, as it has started a completely new life for me.

I have struggled with being overweight since the age of twenty. I had twin girls in 2000 and weighed 210lbs after I gave birth to them. In 2009, I had a baby boy, my starting weight was 308 and by the end of my pregnancy, I was at 318lbs. After having Kaiden, I lost 60lbs and thought that I would be able to keep losing, but then I went back to work, sitting all day, no longer breastfeeding and of course food days every other day. I gained the 60lbs back and continued going.

At the last appointment before my surgery, I weighed 317lbs and the day of surgery I weighed 289!!!

I am so happy that I decided to have the surgery, I will not lie and say it's easy and to those who believe it's an easy way how, rethink it, because it's not!

My husband is having surgery next Wednesday!!! It's nice to have the support at home. My poor kids are having withdrawals to eating out! lol

I am hoping to meet new friends on here, I believe the more support we have the better we all will do!

Hi Rhonda!

Congrats on your weightloss so far! I'm new to the journey myself, and awaiting approval from my INS.

How has the healing been, a week out from surgery? My surgery will be on a Tues and I plan on returning to my desk job on Monday. Is it possible??

Congrats again!

Welcome Rhonda!

Sounds like you are fitting right into Lapband life. Don't worry about your little ones missing thier fast food trips. Once in awhile isn't so bad for them but healthy options on a daily basis will set them up for making good choices in the future. While eating out, there are so many healthy choices that you can make.

Big changes in your household with your DH getting banded also. Good for you for both making the steps towards a healthy life. Your children will benefit from having two healthy parents and will have good role models to enable them to form their own healthy lifestyle.

I have never regretted my decision to have LB surgery. Good luck to both of you!

Hi Rhonda,

Happy Birthday to you! You can hear the motivation in your words. Excellent for you. Also quick note to mother2ps ...what a cutie you have. I have been approved. I see the pulmonary MD on Thursday evening. I then have my preop tests and I guess I am ready to go. My older sister had the lap band and now runs races. I can't wait to hear from journey....

All the best! Robbie Lynn

Congrats on deciding to get LB! You will not regret it at all. Just hang tough! My large incision is still a little tender but going back on Monday will not be a probelm. I had my doctor take me off two weeks, which leads me up to my husbands and then I took a couple vacation days too. Best of luck to you and keep me posted on what's going on with you!

I noticed you had a little one (in your pic)...that will be the hardest part of recovery....not being able to lift over 10lbs!! It's killing me not to pick my little guy up!

Robbie..Your day will be here before you know it!!! Let me know when they schedule it!

Mommy2Ps

I spoke with my sister last evening and four days at home should be enough. I am a cardiac nurse and it is very physical and hectic. I plan on not lifting for a few weeks but other than that I have been assured by many that four days is good. Let me know how it goes for you and much luck! Just think how wonderful it will be to be fit and run around after your child/children.

Rhonda,

Great, I let you know when it comes...thanks! Is it ok if I add you to my friend list? I have no friends....boo hoo. Seriously, it has taken so long but yes it is right around the corner. Going to Michigan at the end of July and hoping to be feeling good and being more active. If I could be down twenty lbs then too it would be a miracle. Who knows God is good!

Robbie

Yes, for sure add me as your friend! I'm on Facebook too, if you are on there feel free to send me a request.

Hi Rhonda,

Welcome and Congrats on your new Life. :smile2:I am booked for July 7th and can't wait. I know it's not going to be easy or pretty but worth the hard work ahead, This is a great place to voice all your concerns. The people are GREAT!!

Best wishes,

Carol D'

Hey thanks everyone!! I have the one daughter, who is 1, and then I have another who is 7. The lights of my life!

I can't wait until I can crouch down on the floor to play with them and not feel like I need a forklift to get up! haha :thumbup:

Robbie Lynn- Thanks for the note about the 4 days being enough, same to you, Rhonda. :) I'm hoping that's enough because with my baby, I'm just about out of vacation time and it's only May. :/

Welcome Rhonda!!

Hi Rhonda, We share a BIRTHDAY!!!! I too had my surgery on the 11th. It is a new beginning for us all that is for sure!!! I am surprised how much better I feel only one week from surgery. It is NOT the easy way out that some people think it is for sure but it is so going to be worth it!!!

Hi I am Keara and I had the lap band surgery done on Friday May 14th 2010. My surgeon was Dr. Monash, I am not sure of my weight loss is as of yet, I am waiting on my post op to see my progress. I must say that I am looking forward to eating my refried Beans...lol...

I do have a question for everyone, these Protein shakes got me stomped, I can not seem to find the one that I am willing to drink, I just cant take the taste of them, please give me some information..

Thanks in advance,

:w00t:

Hey Rhonda,

Congrats and Happy New Life to you. I'm getting banded on the 30th of June and would love any advice or tips to make the pre-op and post-op stage easier. My little boy is 2 and it is going to kill me to not be able to pick him up. I also work full-time and was hoping to get back to work earlier than 2 weeks, but I guess we are all different.

Would love to chat more...

post-292961-13813139348363_thumb.jpg