Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know if Advil can be taken 5 days post op? Tylenol does nothing for me and I have been fighting a headache since last night. Off of my pain meds except I take one at night so I can comfortably sleep. I am feeling fabulous and having no issues since my sugery on Tuesday. If I could just get rid of this headache I would be great!! Thx

my dr. said never advil/ibuprofen because of its ulcer causing ability...take a pain pill, dring more Fluid. good luck

I had asked my surgeon this same question because I get bad headaches often and Advil (for whatever reason) is the only thing that works for me. He said it's fine- just crush them and take them with something like milk, shake, whatever- that minimizes any possible stomach issues.

Best of luck!

My doctor's instructions are no NSAIDS--forever.

I have taken ibuprofen forever for discomfort, my discharge instructions listed that I may still have them the internest said it can cause gastrointestinal problems so they may want that limited. The Rn that discharged me said take it as needed dont over do it. I have been using the pain meds while I can.

My doctor's instructions are no NSAIDS--forever.

My doctor said the same thing. She said that I should make an appointment w/my PCP to discuss other options for any NSAIDS I was taking. My PCP actually prescribed Percocet for my monthly cramps. That works great, but not so much if my cramps come on during the day because I can't/won't take the Percocet if I have to drive anywhere. I'm gonna ask her if I can possibly have the Rx NSAID I used to take sent over to a compounding pharmacy to have it ground up and put in a liquid/suspension form so I have something that works during the day. We shall see...

Me, too, Ada--I have liquid lorcet for pain. I'm allergic to NSAIDs, though and haven't taken them for a long, long time.

I've had to switch from pills to liquid since banding.

I have arthritis and take a lot of ibuprofen, which works for me better than other meds since they took Bextra off the market. I am also on methotrexate. Since banding I have found that the tablets of Advil go down easily. I usually take them with a few sips of Protein Shake or some kind of liquid food to minimize stomach problems. I just had a carpal tunnel release and the doctors recommended Aleve but the shape of that wasn't as easy to take. I cannot take most prescription pain medication so I am stuck with Advil for the moment and it seems OK.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches