Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 10-14 2010 Bandsters

Hey All,

I am starting this thread for anyone having their band done next week. I am scheduled for surgery on the 11th. I am so excited!!! I have visited a lot of threads on here and have met some incredible people with incredible stories!!! Have met some not so welcoming people to threads too but we won't focus on that :) Anyway, just want to keep connected to people as we go through this journey. Anyone interested come on board and let's do this together!!!! Good luck all and God Bless!!!!!

I am May 13th and I am SUPER EXCITED! Littler nervous, little overwhelmed. I'm an over-thinker for sure. Regardless, I am so ready for this. I need an entire lifestyle overhaul and I am more than ready to commit to this!

I kinda wish I was on a more strict pre-op diet but as it stands, my doctor only wants me to swap one Protein drink for a meal for a week, and then Clear liquids two days prior. So I feel really guilty eating normal meals twice a day right now. Part of me is enjoying it, part of me is ready to get this show on the road already!

Good luck with your surgery on the 11th! And good idea starting this thread! This is our week, we're up at bat, and we're gonna knock it out of the park!!!

That is awesome!!! Best of luck to you. Seriously trust me when I say enjoy those two meals a day!!!! I have been on two Protein Shakes and 1 meal of 4 oz Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies since April 27th. Been very hard but definitely worth it!!!!! Glad that you found this thread. Will be so much better moving through this journey talking with others on the same path!!

I am also scheduled for May 13th. I am feeling the same way you are about a lifestyle overhaul. My doc put me on a preop diet of 30mg carb's a day. The rest meat and veggies. Then liquids only Tuesday and Wednesday. He also said NO snacking between meals. It hasn't been too bad. He said he is trying to get my body to go into ketosis (spelling sucks). I am in a little funk right now. I think I am mourning my carbs. :frown:Sometimes they have been my BFF. You know the saying "with friends like that who needs enemies". Oh well BYE BYE CARBS. It was nice knowing you. :)

Good luck to us all.

I am getting banded on Monday (5/10). Excited and a little nervous. This is a HUGE lifestyle change. I am excited to start seeing some results. I have been on my pre-op diet since Monday. Liquids only, 3 Protein Shakes, total of 800 cals per day. 1st day was a challenege but has progressively gotten better. I did fall off the wagon on Wednesday and pigged out but since then I have been on track. My mind keeps telling me to eat everything in sight so I have to constantly fight that urge. This site has been wonderful. I have also started blogging and reading blogs so that helps to. Blogging is like my journal...a way to get out all these feelings and emotions instead of stuffing them inside with food. I am in healing! I am grateful to have found fellow banders because I don't have much support at home. Talk to you all soon! Take care!!!!

I am also scheduled for May 13th. I am feeling the same way you are about a lifestyle overhaul. My doc put me on a preop diet of 30mg carb's a day. The rest meat and veggies. Then liquids only Tuesday and Wednesday. He also said NO snacking between meals. It hasn't been too bad. He said he is trying to get my body to go into ketosis (spelling sucks). I am in a little funk right now. I think I am mourning my carbs. :frown:Sometimes they have been my BFF. You know the saying "with friends like that who needs enemies". Oh well BYE BYE CARBS. It was nice knowing you. :)

Good luck to us all.

I am in mourning too! I completely understand when you said that carbs have been your BFF. Carbs have been my BFF too....you can tell from my "before" pictures! YUCK! :o

hiya everyone! My surgery is scheduled for Friday the 14th! woohoo!! Here's to the next steps!

My preop diet hasn't been bad, 3 weeks ~ low calorie, low carb and no fats or sugar.

Good luck everyone!

I have also started blogging and reading blogs so that helps to. Blogging is like my journal...a way to get out all these feelings and emotions instead of stuffing them inside with food. I am in healing! I am grateful to have found fellow banders because I don't have much support at home.

I just started following you! I love the little community of band bloggers, I lurk on all their pages and finally started one of my own! I'm not new to blogging but I'm definitely new to this community and I owe so much to everyone who has been open and honest with all their experiences! I have support where I need it but it's just so different - your day to day friends and family just can't understand what we're going through, both good and bad! So we're here for you! Keep blogging and I'll keep reading! :)

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm May 13th as well! Looking forward to starting a brand new life. A bit nervous, but am committed to this journey.

Moneta (aka Mo):)

Hey Everybody,

Welcome and thanks so much for jumping in here. We all have some pretty exciting times coming very soon and it will be just awesome to share that with each other. There will also be difficult times as well but with the support we can offer to each other here it will all be good!!! Believing in al of you and the new you that is going to emerge so very soon.

Night all!!:):sleep:

Hello! I am almost there, May 12 is the big day, but I am really nervous! Hoping that everythings goes just like it should. I am excited and cannot wait to get this going. I have been working on this for the past year and can't believe that it's almost here. Good luck to all of you! I will be looking for everyone's surgery stories as the month goes on. :)

Hello! I am almost there, May 12 is the big day, but I am really nervous! Hoping that everythings goes just like it should. I am excited and cannot wait to get this going. I have been working on this for the past year and can't believe that it's almost here. Good luck to all of you! I will be looking for everyone's surgery stories as the month goes on. :)

Kellsby,

I am also on May 12th. I have worked with my Dr. and insurance for almost 2 years so I really feel this is right for me. But I am nervous and I'm sure it will get worse over the next few days. I am more unsure about the 2 to 3 week post surgery. Hope there will not be alot of discomfort.

We can cheer each other up.

My date is scheduled for May 13th and I am excited n nervous at the same time. Hope it all goes well. :)

Good afternoon all. We are one day closer!!!!! Feeling way to obsessed about eating today. Trying to get busy doing other things to keep my mind off of it until I can have a healthy small dinner. How is everyone else doing today? Temperature took a dive here overnight so missing the sunshine and warmth.

My surgery date is May 11-- Tuesday! Can you BELIEVE how close we are?!?!? I'll be going to Monterrey Mexico for my surgery Monday morning... Surgery Tuesday... Recovery/Swallow study Wednesday... Fly back home to Alabama on Thursday morning!!!

I'm praying for as little pain as possible!!!