Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will you 'weigh' in? How many fills have you had and how much fluid is in your band?

I'm getting my third fill in three weeks, and I'm just curious about progression.

My stats --

Surgery: Empty

1st fill: 2 ccs

2nd fill: 2 ccs

3rd fill: ??

Total: 4 ccs

And relatedly, I found the post here interesting: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/how-lap-band-actually-works-fills-refills-41738/

I just had my third fill.

1st - 4cc's

2nd - 1.5 cc's

3rd - 0.75 cc's

Total of 6.25 cc's in band. Don't really feel much difference at all. :thumbup:

Empty band for a month.

First fill (at 1 month) 4.4-slight restriction for a few days...couldn't eat as much as I did before but could eat anything.

Second fill (at 2 months) 2.1-slight restriction for about a week, couldn't eat as much as after fill 1 but still could eat anything.

Fill 3 (at 3 months) 1.4-Tight tight tight...2 weeks of mostly liquids and a few mushies, third week (this week) a little looser but still able to eat very little and a hard time with anything really "solid"...I spent days PBing and sliming but kept thinking "it'll loosen, it'll loosen" and it has...I don't want to be this tight forever but temporarily I can handle it. On the up side I've lost 8 pounds in just under 3 weeks...so, tight has some benefits. (and I'm calling next week to cancel my next fill, scheduled for a week from now, and reschedule for the first part of May)

Funny enough, I actually have 8.2 cc total in my 14 cc band...if you do the math above it just doesn't add up but at my last fill she took everything out and that's what it came up to.

I have had 4 fills for a total of 8.4ccs in an 11cc band. It wasn't until the third fill that I felt a little restriction. Now with the fourth fill, I have a lot of restriction.

Thanks for the responses. Ouch, Christie! No fun! I hope it settles in for you.

• Banded 2/22 with 2.5 cc in band. Felt no restriction.
  • First fill 3/31 which added 2 cc. Eating only full liquids until tomorrow. Then mushies for a day, then back to soft food until Wednesday. Then final stage -- full normal foods.
  • Total 4.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I can definitely feel it and have to be careful with eating now. I get a tightness in my sternum sometimes. Will loosen up I guess. Sure hope I can handle normal foods.

Had second fill today. Was at 3.7cc and now 6.5 cc. I have a realize-c band. I havent had anything to eat today, just liquids, so we will see how tomorrow goes!!! I was banded on 2-9-10. Good luck everyone!!!:thumbup:

I have had 3 fills and one unfill in my 12cc band:

Surgery - 3cc

First Fill - 3cc

Second Fill - 1.5cc

Unfill - 2.5cc

Third Fill - 1cc

I have an 11-cc Realize band. It was placed with no fill, and was left empty for 4 weeks.

I've had 3 fills, and now have 7.3 cc. I think I will need one more to hit the sweet spot, but am still adjusting to the changes from my most recent fill (just a week ago), so we'll see.

Too many fills to count... 5 years + out and member of Century Club (+100):bored:

I have the original band placed empty

First fill 6 weeks post-op, 1.5 next fill was about 6 weeks later.

I have had an avg of 4-5 fills/year. I have really good insurance.

was just adjusted Thursday and should have 3.4

3.3-3.4 seems to be my sweet spot.

I did have an adjustment a month ago and also was supposed to be at 3.4 and Thursday was at 3.0. With the new adjustment also should be 3.4. I initially felt restriction on Thursday, but very little yesterday or today. I'll be calling the office on Monday.

I've had four fills so far and am at 6.5cc in a 10cc lapband.

I think that fourth fill may be it for me. It feels a little tighter than I'd like right now, but its less than a week out since I got it. So I hope that means it will feel just right in another week or two.

All the details for dates and sizes of my fills are in my siggy below.

First fill- 3.4 ccs

Second- .8 ccs

(Possible third on 4/22)--not sure if I will get any. I called and asked them to check restriction and if I need it they will give me one). I have been getting hungry between meals (like every two hours) and still have to stop myself from eating over 6 oz because I'm still hungry. Maybe I will get a "top off" lol

I lost count of how many fills I've had but I do know that Im at 7.7cc in a 10cc band..It took me 4ever 2 get here but I feel great..finally hit restriction n I'm eating ALOT less without even realizing it :bored:

I got my second fill today. I had *thought* that I got 3 cc's in my first fill, but I learned today that I actually got 5. And then I got 3 more today for a total of 8.

I have an 11 cc Realize band, and I was feeling a bit like, "isn't that kind of fast?" But I've been feeling *no* restriction for the past month, so I'm very glad that my doctor was willing to be so aggressive. We'll see how I feel in a day or two!

I have 4 or 5 fills and I think I am about 7 or 7.5 cc. Had a fill this afternoon and am very restricted right now. Having a lot of belly noises, hiccups and burps. Slowly sipping Protein Shake. Tried a couple bites of baby food, but it came back up. I'm not ready to say I am over-filled because I haven't been feeling any restriction. I have no problem eating Pasta, rice, or bread. Bummer.